Power Ballad Observation Thread (D7, EA & LA)

Re: Power Ballad Observation Thread (D7, EA & LA)

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:01 am

"Those were not the same. But, it is clear your heart is set." he dipped his head. "May our ancestors guide you."
Unicorn Clan Marta Family Bushi Hunter Explorer Storyteller Completely Honest Rides Sarangerel
Honor: Expected • Status: .5 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 4

Carries: Water, Knife, Sake Cup, Chopsticks, Dice
As Appropriate: Daisho, Light Armor, Daikyu, Quiver, Lantern, Cloak, Hat
Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Ide Samai on Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:08 am

Soshi Yuuru wrote:He chuckled and bowed apologetically, "Then I am sorry. I thought it was a play on words."

He smiled and looked over at Kitakuhime, "I'm sure she's a lovely lady. I had offered to sit and talk with me when we met... but apparently I was too... something... and she ran off on her horse and commanded me to find a horse and chase her. I don't know if it was some Unicorn ritual or something, but I don't own a horse. So I must have upset her in some way..."

Wait what. What. Seriously? What? "I... do not know Soshi-san. am not an expert in Otaku rituals exactly..." Something happened there for sure.
Unicorn Emissary * Gaijin Rose * Storyteller
Honor: What is expected * Status: 2.0 * Glory: 0.0 * Courtship: 2
Carries: Wakizashi, Fan, perfume (rose), coin purse
Ide Samai

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:10 am

He shrugged, "I wish I could offer you more. I offered her to sit... and she made some comment about not listening to men or something... then jumped on her horse and told me to chase her."
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Honor: Untrustworthy - Glory: 1.0 - Status: 1.0 - Courtship Points: 5
Carries: Daisho, Parangu, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Naga-shaped Netsuke
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Moto Baatar on Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:52 am

Yogo Mizuki wrote:Mizuki is silent, until she hears another woman singing her love of a woman. "Moto-san. Is this common in your Clan? Love between the same gender?" Mizuki honestly wanted to know.

Baatar blushed a little. “Umm… yeah, this sort of thing is known to happen,” he said awkwardly. “Usually people don’t talk about it, though.”

Miya Mei wrote:"LET IT BE KNOWN, MIYA MEI ISSUES A CHALLENGE TO OTAKU KITAKUHIME.”

The young Moto let out a low whistle. “So… I guess this sort of thing isn’t allowed in Rokugan?” he asked Mizuki.
Unicorn Clan • Samurai • Gaijin Name • Failure of Courtesy
Honor: Untrustworthy • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 4
carries: scimitar, wakizashi, shochu, puppy. when appropriate: Unicorn horse, riding armor
Moto Baatar

Postby Ide Samai on Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:00 am

Soshi Yuuru wrote:He shrugged, "I wish I could offer you more. I offered her to sit... and she made some comment about not listening to men or something... then jumped on her horse and told me to chase her."

"Ah.... well, I am sure there was a good reason." Possibly? "If you'll excuse me, Soshi-san, I feel I should talk to the others." Dueling.... seriously? Was Kiyoshi just spreading madness?!!!
Ide Samai

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:02 am

He smiled and nodded graciously, "Of course Ide-san. It appears there are things for you all to discuss. I'm sorry for holding you back from your friends."
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Seppun Hideo on Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:05 am

Asako Yuki wrote:Yuki blushed a little. "Perhaps not so much talented as determined." She paused. "I think Doji-san and Ide-san have put up the best performances so far." Her gaze lingered for a moment on those that were still lined up to go. "Though there are a few I am eager to hear from as well."

"Ah, hai. There are a few..." he started, before all jigoku breaks loose between Kitaku and the Miya. He cannot quite hide the stress on his face as he closes his eyes then opens them slowly.

"Asako-san, I hope you will forgive me for rudeness, but there is something that needs my immediate attention. Perhaps to apologise for cutting our conversation short, you could join me tomorrow for tea? It has been too long since I shared tea with the Phoenix, and your company would make tea a far more enjoyable experience."
Imperial * Shugenja * Scholarly * Description
Courtiship Points: 7
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Ide Samai on Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:06 am

"Ie,you were not holding back Soshi-san. Alas... Duty calls." She gave a short bow, and joined the others near Kitukahime.

"Minnasama, konnichiwa." She offered tamely for now.
Ide Samai

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:12 am

"Well, it happens, but usually we don't talk about it either." Mizuki motions towards the Imperial. "She was trained by the Kakita. They are VERY good at dueling. Which causes them to want to duel at any disagreement. They are one of the things that makes the Crane a dangerous enemy. I would take this as more how a duelist resolves conflict then how the Empire views love."
Scorpion Merchant * Kuge * Blessed By Daikoku * Wealthy * Black Sheep

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Postby Moto Baatar on Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:20 am

Yogo Mizuki wrote:Mizuki motions towards the Imperial. "She was trained by the Kakita. They are VERY good at dueling. Which causes them to want to duel at any disagreement. They are one of the things that makes the Crane a dangerous enemy. I would take this as more how a duelist resolves conflict then how the Empire views love."

"Huh. Fighting for your clan is good and all, but if I had to duel over every single disagreement, I wouldn't have time for anything else," Baatar commented. "I guess Scorpion must handle conflict a different way? What do you do instead?"
carries: scimitar, wakizashi, shochu, puppy. when appropriate: Unicorn horse, riding armor
Moto Baatar

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:37 am

"It depends on the situation. We duel when appropriate. Sometimes, we have tea and negotiate. Sometimes, we find more... inventive methods."

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Postby Ide Amaya on Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:43 am

Seppun Hideo wrote:He cannot quite hide the stress on his face as he closes his eyes then opens them slowly.

Her Clan-sisters were rapidly taking the spotlight away from the performers on the field below. Scanning the other spectators, she catches Hideo's expression and frowns behind her fan.
• Unicorn Courtier • [Profile - Updated 4/29]
• Small • Gullible • Voice • Inner Gift (Animal Ken) • Love Actuary •
• Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 5 •
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Image Tokma - a Gaijin riding horse
Ide Amaya

Postby Moto Baatar on Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:10 am

Yogo Mizuki wrote:"It depends on the situation. We duel when appropriate. Sometimes, we have tea and negotiate. Sometimes, we find more... inventive methods."

"Oh really? Have you invented any good methods?" Baatar inquired. "Or maybe you need some? If you need ideas, I'm sure no one would mind if you borrowed the idea of a Moto-style singing contest. They don't usually end in someone fighting to the death, I swear!"
Moto Baatar

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:11 am

Yuuru smiled and leaned back as he turned his attention to the people who continued to sing at the event.

(PM if approach. Very open to it)
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:21 am

Moto Baatar wrote:
Yogo Mizuki wrote:"It depends on the situation. We duel when appropriate. Sometimes, we have tea and negotiate. Sometimes, we find more... inventive methods."

"Oh really? Have you invented any good methods?" Baatar inquired. "Or maybe you need some? If you need ideas, I'm sure no one would mind if you borrowed the idea of a Moto-style singing contest. They don't usually end in someone fighting to the death, I swear!"

"Ie. I'm a merchant, so my methods tend to be tried and true. Well, I did find an expert to try my product and give testimony to his lord. The Ikoma had some thoughts about that, but he did pick me over the Yasuki."

She shrugs. "I heard in Crab lands, if there's not at least three deaths at a wedding, it's considered a boring affair."

Yogo Mizuki

PreviousNext

Return to The Dueling Fields