Power Ballad Observation Thread (D7, EA & LA)

Re: Power Ballad Observation Thread (D7, EA & LA)

Postby Moto Khulun on Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:19 pm

Usagi Tomoe wrote:At times like this, she was glad for her Courtier training, as she smiled politely.

"Thank you, Moto-san, though there are much better singers than I... a shame that some choose to throw shade at their talents," Tomoe looked in the direction of Mei and Kitakuhime, making it obvious who she thought was throwing the shade.

“I think this has to do… with words being meant one way and being seen as another. I am not sure why it must be duel but if Honor of Unicorn is at stake then it must be. I would ask for no less.”

Khulun adds quietly, “You know Miya-baka?”
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Miya Mei on Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:30 pm

Otaku Kitakuhime wrote:"You threw the Unicorn in the mud with your very words –– I asked you to apologize: you ignored. You offended my family by insinuating they didn't know what they were doing by allowing me to have a position of leadership. You offended me by accusing me of ignorance. I forgive you for the latter. Honor forbids me accept your other offenses.. If you draw steel against the me, be ready to die for your actions."

Kitakuhime may be a barbaric Unicorn not so well versed in the way of the Empire. But honor is something she knows plenty.

"My intent with all of this was to help you! Yet you refused courtesy first and threw it in my face. I said what I said because you did not give me confidence in you anymore! Three times I asked for you to step away from the crowd so we could discuss in private. Three times you denied! Your Champion made the same mistake with the Lion! I am trying to help, Otaku-sama. Heaven will prove I am in the best of intentions. But what help does it give if proving it means your death?"

Mei sighs.

"The Empire has laws. If both parties do not agree to a shi duel, it stands at first blood. And to kill an opponent in a duel to first blood is shame on ones entire family. Do not force the issue, Otaku-sama, it will only end in despair."
Imperial | Duelist | Kakita Trained | Unmarriable
Honor: Exceptional | Glory: 1.0 |Infamy 1.0 | Status 1.5 | CP: -2

Description

Wielder of an elegantly decorated katana, Meng. D8+ carries Shinjo Kemuri's Fan
Miya Mei

Postby Togashi Udo on Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:34 pm

Udo has been sitting and watching and listening, but he could not help but overhear the challenge be issued. He tried to ignore it for a time, but then decided to move closer to the disturbance.

He comes close enough to make it known he is listening, however rude it might be, but without inviting himself into the conversation.
Tattoo of a Crane * Tattoo of a Lion * Slightly Distracted * Simple robes & hat

Status: 1 | Glory: 1.1 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship: 15
More info.
Togashi Udo

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:36 pm

Kemuri stood beside Udo. He had a vested interest in what was happening, but it was not his place to interfere.

He would bear witness, at least.
Unicorn Clan Marta Family Bushi Hunter Explorer Storyteller Completely Honest Rides Sarangerel
Honor: Expected • Status: .5 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 4

Carries: Water, Knife, Sake Cup, Chopsticks, Dice
As Appropriate: Daisho, Light Armor, Daikyu, Quiver, Lantern, Cloak, Hat
Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:38 pm

"I can't say I do, but she seems remarkably bloodthirsty for a member of such a peaceful family," Tomoe replied to Khulun in a quiet tone. "The Miya are known to be friendly and helpful... it may so be she acted with good intentions, from what she says, but her way of doing it is..."

"... Short-sighted and impatient," she settled on after a moment's pause.
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:40 pm

"Miya-san. We have already debated. You wouldn't listen. We meet tomorrow. We are being rude to the others now."

She bows again.
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme
Carried by: Gekko (Otaku Battle Steed, where appropriate)

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Togashi Udo on Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:42 pm

Shinjo Kemuri wrote:Kemuri stood beside Udo. He had a vested interest in what was happening, but it was not his place to interfere.

He would bear witness, at least.

Udo nods at Kemuri in silence.

More info.
Togashi Udo

Postby Moto Khulun on Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:43 pm

Usagi Tomoe wrote:"I can't say I do, but she seems remarkably bloodthirsty for a member of such a peaceful family," Tomoe replied to Khulun in a quiet tone. "The Miya are known to be friendly and helpful... it may so be she acted with good intentions, from what she says, but her way of doing it is..."

"... Short-sighted and impatient," she settled on after a moment's pause.

“Blood will be spilled and there will be more blood spilled to sate anger. This is not good omen for match making,” she says honestly making a warding sign with her hands.

“So you like Great Dong-Ha?”
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Miya Mei on Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:44 pm

Mei bows and looks to Kemuri with sad eyes.

"Forgive me."

She whispers and walks away from the gathered group. Still staying within distance of observing the performers, but away from all that join in to discuss them.
Imperial | Duelist | Kakita Trained | Unmarriable
Honor: Exceptional | Glory: 1.0 |Infamy 1.0 | Status 1.5 | CP: -2

Description

Wielder of an elegantly decorated katana, Meng. D8+ carries Shinjo Kemuri's Fan
Miya Mei

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:47 pm

"There does seem to be bad luck surrounding this miai..." Tomoe sighed. First the Oni, then Chi-Pu's death, then a meeting Tomoe knew nothing about, and now this.

At least Khulun's words made her stop thinking about that. "Yes..." she confessed with a nod, smiling a little. "But it seems I'm not the only one. But that shouldn't surprise me."
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:49 pm

He stepped toward Kitakuhime.

"Otaku-sama, forgive me. But, this is not our way."
Unicorn Clan Marta Family Bushi Hunter Explorer Storyteller Completely Honest Rides Sarangerel
Honor: Expected • Status: .5 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 4

Carries: Water, Knife, Sake Cup, Chopsticks, Dice
As Appropriate: Daisho, Light Armor, Daikyu, Quiver, Lantern, Cloak, Hat
Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Togashi Udo on Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:51 pm

Miya Mei wrote:Mei bows and looks to Kemuri with sad eyes.

"Forgive me."

She whispers and walks away from the gathered group. Still staying within distance of observing the performers, but away from all that join in to discuss them.

Udo watches her leave.

"Otaku-sama," he bows. "I am again at your service if there's anything you should require."

More info.
Togashi Udo

Postby Moto Khulun on Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:52 pm

Usagi Tomoe wrote:"There does seem to be bad luck surrounding this miai..." Tomoe sighed. First the Oni, then Chi-Pu's death, then a meeting Tomoe knew nothing about, and now this.

At least Khulun's words made her stop thinking about that. "Yes..." she confessed with a nod, smiling a little. "But it seems I'm not the only one. But that shouldn't surprise me."

“Well I think you better than whoever else wants the Great Dong-Ha. Good match for him, smart and think big. I will pray that you find way to his side if you wish it,” she replies.

“None have sung for me, not surprised. I am hard woman.”
Moto Khulun

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:54 pm

Shinjo Akil wrote:
Shinjo Liu Yue wrote:"Iie. I prefer to be sincere and honest with my words, Akil-dono." She looked over to the Otaku heiress, the Moto who declared her love for her, and the Imperial. "What is happening over there?"

"Nothing of our concern unless it's made our concern," he shrugged, "Have you found a food that you favor among the-" His eyes moved to the Miya who issued the challenge, his eyes narrowing. There is no situation where this turns out well.

Yue looked at the spectacle from behind her fan. "My action caused this much of an offense? The Scorpion are right; the battlefield of the court is very dangerous."
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:59 pm

Shinjo Kemuri wrote:He stepped toward Kitakuhime.

"Otaku-sama, forgive me. But, this is not our way."

She turns to Kemuri, smiling to him. "What is our way then? Concur with someone that says our name is in the mud, and does not retract given the chance?"
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme
Carried by: Gekko (Otaku Battle Steed, where appropriate)

Otaku Kitakuhime

PreviousNext

Return to The Dueling Fields