(Day 7, LM) I'll Make an Item out of You! (Butaj's, Closed)

Re: (Day 7, LM) I'll Make an Item out of You! (Butaj's, Clos

Postby Otaku Imane on Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:32 pm

Imane smiled when he said the Phoenix were unusual. "Oh yes, the story of Shiba is known to us Asako-san. You are a clan of peace and magic, or so I am told. I have spoken with both Isawa Nonin-san and Shiba Kaizen-san, so it is nice to get the perspective of an Asako as well. Perhaps you can tell me why you think the Phoenix are unusual?"

The irony of the question being asked inside a yurt while sitting on furs and drinking kumis may not have been lost.

(OOC: phone battery dying, back later)
Unicorn • Shiotome • Prodigy • Musical • Honest • Gaijin Name • Archer • Lancer • Singer
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0.1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question | Courtship Points: 9
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Flute, Light armour (where appropriate)
Carried by: Almatar (Otaku warhorse, where appropriate)
Otaku Imane

Postby Asako Hirase on Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:59 pm

It was somewhat hard to relate what he felt in his bones but rarely verbalized, but he would try.

"You mentioned that you know we are peaceful, but it goes beyond that. Many of us, myself included, simply will not take up a weapon. Bloodshed is at times unavoidable; we simply prefer to die for a cause, rather than to kill for it. That affects a good amount of our training. Though Shiba fight, and well, much of what they learn goes to protection first, killing second. I've seen a pair, shugenja and yojimbo, together...the Shiba's focus on his charge is so absolute that the intensity of it draws the spirits close, enabling better communication between them and the calling priest."

He paused, sipping his drink, then continued.

"The Isawa are the greatest contradiction. The most powerful of them, the tensai, are capable of unparalleled acts of elemental destruction, should we be pulled to a war, and yet that is the last resort. There is a quote from the Tao...'You cannot conquer the elements. You must learn to dance with their harmony.' That is the path we seek to follow. Even in my own Family, where magical ability is rare, we seek that same way. We have a monastic order devoted to such, in fact, though I myself do not have such training."
Phoenix Clan * Courtier * Widower * Single Father * Husband-elect of Shinjo Liu Yue
Glory: 1.0 Status: 1.0 Honor: What is Expected

Orange Text = Speaking Yobanjin * Description

Always Carries: Writing materials, healthy snacks, fan
Asako Hirase

Postby Otaku Imane on Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:58 pm

Imane was fascinated to learn all this, she had not realised that the pacifistic tendencies were so deeply ingrained. A small bow was offered.

"Thank you Asako-san, I did not realise there were so many complications and contradictions within the Phoenix. My people must endeavor to learn more about your shoe-ghen-jya." Her accent made the word sound strange as she tripped over the foreign word a little. " 'Dancing with the harmony of the elements'? That is very poetic Asako-san. I enjoy dancing myself, and find it can bring peace to me."

She took another sip of her drink and smiled at the Phoenix. "I hope you will forgive me for knowing so little about your clan? There is so much to learn about the Empire now that we have returned. Would you like to ask me anything? I am curious to know more about you, but it would be rude for me to be the one asking all of the questions would it not?"
Unicorn • Shiotome • Prodigy • Musical • Honest • Gaijin Name • Archer • Lancer • Singer
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0.1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question | Courtship Points: 9
Otaku Imane

Postby Asako Hirase on Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:35 pm

"It will take many years, generations even, before we all learn as much as we each have to teach." He smiled back. "The learning is it's own pleasure, though there will be times where the path has stones."

At her invitation, he glanced at the instruments, then up again. "Butaj-san told me that you play. Now you tell me that you dance, and I have seen for myself you are a peerless archer. Is artistry part of your training, or is that your own special gift?"
Phoenix Clan * Courtier * Widower * Single Father * Husband-elect of Shinjo Liu Yue

Asako Hirase

Postby Otaku Imane on Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:13 pm

"Oh it is so true Asako-san! We have many things to teach each other, as clans and individuals.". She smiled and thought more carefully about her response.

"I do play, and dance, and sing. You are kind to speak this way of my archery skills, I am proud of my display but I was trained by my sensei in this, whereas artistry is more of a gift. My father was a performer, and sky-high he was a better singer and storyteller, we spent much time practicing music together. My mother preferred dance, and so I have a little skill in all of these things."

She looked at Butaj. "Have you already introduced Asako-san to the Morin khuur?"
Otaku Imane

Postby Moto Butaj on Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:29 pm

"Only to Butaj's style. Sayyeda's Imane's style is more appealing to any man who has the ear for difference." Butaj grins and presents his fiddle to Imane.
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Postby Asako Hirase on Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:31 pm

"To inherit such a gift is a true blessing." Hirase's expression was hopeful. "I would love to hear you play, if you would so honor us."

Asako Hirase

Postby Otaku Imane on Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:51 am

The Shiotome smiled and picked up the instrument. "I would be delighted to play for you. Perhaps something that Si Butaj has not heard before?" She began to play a piece that had its roots in the Burning Sands. "Stop me if you know it..."

Her skill was that of one who enjoys playing, and is suited, but no longer spends hours of every day with the instrument. Still, she was good.

(OOC: pretty sure we don't roll after the day has flipped so let's assume I play well :P)
Otaku Imane

Postby Moto Butaj on Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:56 am

And Butaj would be a fool to stop regardless whether he knows the piece or not. He pulls back from the hearth a little, letting Hirase admire not only the music, but the form, passion and dedication of a woman who plays it without the imposing feature of Butaj in the background.
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Moto Butaj

Postby Asako Hirase on Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:18 pm

Hirase was something of an intense listener. Where some turned music, and the one creating it, into a part of the background, he instead leaned in, gaze flitting from her hands moving over the instrument to her expression and back.

When it was done, a slow, joyous smile broke over his face.

"Lovely. An original composition or from your father?"

Asako Hirase

Postby Otaku Imane on Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:12 pm

When she finished she seemed pleased with their responses. "It is one of the songs the Otaku picked up in our tube in the Burning Sands. My father was more into the music of the Moto but he was very adaptable. We used to play and sing all sorts of songs together."

Imane gave the Phoenix a curious look. "Are you interested in music yourself Asako-san? I mean do you play, or sing perhaps?"
Otaku Imane

Postby Asako Hirase on Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:31 pm

"Very interested. Sadly, lacking in capacity." Hirase looked mournful for a moment. "They had the basics for many styles available where I trained. I could never master how to read the scores and my ability to retain more than a basic tune has never been good. It isn't all bad, though...it has given me a far greater appreciation for that talent in others, just as true hunger adds savor to a meal."

Asako Hirase

Postby Otaku Imane on Mon May 01, 2017 12:43 am

Imane seemed to understand. "I know that some learn to follow musical notations. In my case I listen and then play. Some tunes take longer to learn than others but if I hear something I often find I can play it. I am glad that you enjoy listening to music Asako-san. There is something in it that speaks to the soul."

She nodded, pleased with his response. "Would you mind if I asked a little more about you Asako-san? I am told you have a son." For an Otaku this could actually be a good thing as it meant the husband might not be anxious to immediately start a family.
Otaku Imane

Postby Asako Hirase on Tue May 02, 2017 2:49 pm

"Not at all. It is, after all, why we are here." Anticipating the next series of questions, he expounded on the son...and how he'd come to be. "My son, Ichiro, is the product of a first marriage. It was highly traditional, arranged for us by the Clan. The first day I met my wife was the day we were married." A small smile lifted the corners of his mouth. "She was a warrior and our time together was limited based on that Duty. We had long enough together to bring Ichiro about and then, six months later, she fell honorably in battle. I miss her, as one misses a dear friend, but I have finished the year of mourning and aim to look forward, not back."

Asako Hirase

Postby Moto Butaj on Wed May 03, 2017 12:56 pm

Butaj suddenly rises."Sorry but Butaj has to check on Huludai. He was underfed yesterday, can't leave the stallion hungry! Butaj will be back shortly, and is sure you'll be fine. Feel like at home!" He moves out past the flap and seals it a little so it does not go up at random or at first pull.

/exeunt

Moto Butaj

PreviousNext

Return to Northwestern Yurts