You Never Know What You'll Find (D7, EM)

You Never Know What You'll Find (D7, EM)

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:47 pm

Not long after dawn, Kemuri rode out into the western fields. He made fist way towards the pool of water that had been dubbed Orochi's Fall, intent on investigating it a bit more. His previous swim in the waters had found nothing hazardous and in the days that had assed he had felt no after effects.

It seemed that the curse was little more than peasant superstition. That was understandable, given the circumstances. The one question that remained, was why were he animals avoiding it. He had a suspicion, but no way to verify it. As he drew closer, he saw someone who might be able to help. He wondered why she was out here alone, however.

"Bayushi-sama!" he called out. "Good morning! Is everything well?"
Unicorn Clan Marta Family Bushi Hunter Explorer Storyteller Completely Honest Rides Sarangerel
Honor: Expected • Status: .5 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 4

Carries: Water, Knife, Sake Cup, Chopsticks, Dice
As Appropriate: Daisho, Light Armor, Daikyu, Quiver, Lantern, Cloak, Hat
Shinjo Kemuri

Re: You Never Know What You'll Find (D7, EM)

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:08 pm

It wasn't as smooth of a getaway from the clandestine meeting as she would have hoped for. After a short sprint, she found herself trudging through tall grass and muddy patches on her return to the camp. By the time she emerged from the thick stalks, the hem of her kimono had a few mud splashes and some were even on the hem of her kimono, despite her best efforts to stay dry.

Her slow walk continued and she found that she didn't make much distance when she happened upon the large pond of questionable water. I knew I should have taken a left on that tree stump...

Her mood brightened when she saw Kemuri approach, with a ride at that. She bowed in deep thanks and waved at him. "Shinjo-san! Good morning to you! Hai, hai...as well as can be. I'm just a bit lost, I need to find my way back to the camp. Not immediately, but eventually!" She giggled, no need to let him in on foreboding business.
Scorpion Clan • Shrine Maiden • Diviner • Dangerously Cute • Slightly Short
Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Honour: Untrustworthy • Courtship Points: 9

Description, Artist Details in Description
Personal Effects: Wakizashi (where appropriate), scroll satchel, fan, jade charm, mask, fortune sticks, kawaru coins

Mamoru, Protector of Shrines
Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:16 pm

"These are large fields. It's easier to get lost than one might think." he rode up to her and dismounted. "We'll be happy to take you back. But, I came out here to see the pond again, to make sure it's safe."
Unicorn Clan Marta Family Bushi Hunter Explorer Storyteller Completely Honest Rides Sarangerel

Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:55 am

"Ooooh...you haven't seen the pond yet?" She asked questioningly as she looked off to the ominous body of water just to the side. "I was here before and it's a bit of a mystery to everyone. There was something big that transpired here but, we don't have the full story. I'd ask the kami, but they are even spooked themselves..."

She gave a shrug and smiled softly at Kemuri. "You don't have to take me back immediately. Actually! I recall you did offer horse lessons. Would right now be a good time?"

Personal Effects: Wakizashi (where appropriate), scroll satchel, fan, jade charm, mask, fortune sticks, kawaru coins

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:06 am

"I swam in it, actually." he responded. "A number of us investigated it a couple of days ago. As for the lessons, I'd be happy to. Sarangerel doesn't like being near the water. I don't know why."

Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:14 pm

The little Bayushi gave Kemuri a big blink. "Y-you swam in it? How long ago was this? Did you not here about the rumours of the curse...?"

She paused for a moment and did a quick gesture of blessing, hoping something like that didn't befall on the Shinjo. Something told her that the Unicorn love trouble.

"Well...there aren't any birds or rodents around here at all. Maybe we should keep your steed away, so it doesn't get spooked...anyway, how did you want to start?"

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:24 pm

"There were a number of us here studying it." he explained. "The morning it appeared. I believe one of your kin communed with the kami and learned that the crater was created when the serpent that killed Otaku-sama fell from the sky. Apparently, some form of tricksters were involved."

"There was no corruption or toxins. One of my kin drank the water to verify that. I swam in it to ensure there was nothing dangerous hidden beneath the surface." he shrugged. "It seems fine. Do you have any suggestions?"

Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:51 pm

"Hm-oh..." she said in quiet realization. It sounded preposterous, but the involved of a fallen Unicorn made her incapable of doubting the story at all. From her time with the Unicorn, it seemed quite doubtful that they would lie about something to cover up the truth. That was more of the Scorpion's realm.

"Well...if the kami was questioned and you did thorough experiments on it, then it must be clean and safe." She nodded slowly. Unless you're in with the dark rider too. "Well, perhaps I should consider taking a bath here sometime!"

"I will admit that I have some experience with riding a horse before...thanks to one of your kin, getting on a horse and getting off. I think I will have to learn the finer points of riding, control and momentum. Is that something you could teach me?"

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:01 pm

"Hai." he nodded. "I'll be happy to show you. Let me introduce you to Sarangerel."

He motioned to the large white horse.

Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:47 pm

"Pleased to meet you, Sa-ran-ge-rule..." She tried to pronounce her name, horribly butchering it by syllable, and presenting a quick bow. "Are you acquainted with Poppy by chance? No?" Good! "It will be an honour to have you as my steed today."

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:51 pm

"You'll take good care of her, won't you?" Kemuri smiled running a hand along the horse's neck.

"Do you have any specific questions, Bayushi-sama?"

Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:42 am

"Well..." she said as she crept up to the horse, carefully, to show that she wasn't anyone hostile. She wanted to be sure that Sarangerel wasn't the sort of horse to bite her. "I guess just how she handles and what she likes. How would you suggest getting on her?"

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:54 am

"He'd prefer you refer to him with the correct gender." He teased. "Step here and lift yourself up this way."

He gave a quick demonstration.

Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:35 pm

"Him! Haha, my apologies on that, I didn't meant to mix it up." She murmured with an anxious smile, feeling a little dumb that she mixed the genders of the horse. It was hard for her to know their genders, paying little attention to their anatomy.

She nodded twice, having been taught on how to mount a horse. Unfortunately, she was a slight shorter than most people and would likely struggle with even a Rokugani pony, let alone a Unicorn mount. After a labourous struggle, she got herself on Sarangerel. "...Uhm, there!"

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:19 pm

Kemuri had, of course, been willing to assist her if needed.

"So, what do you know about riding, Bayushi-sama?"

Shinjo Kemuri

Next

Return to Orochi's Fall