(D6, LA, OPEN!) I Forgot the Title

(D6, LA, OPEN!) I Forgot the Title

Postby Tonbo Misa on Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:31 pm

There was still mud everywhere.

That made it difficult for Misa to go anywhere fast, but it was also not something she cared about at all. Getting a bit of mud on her sandals and feet was just a part of life in the end. Besides, with the rain from the day before passed, the world was a touch warm, a touch cool, and the smell of freshly soaked grass was wonderful.

Still, it also meant that there would be no sitting, seeing as she had no tatami with her. As much as getting her feet dirty was fine, she had no goals of getting mud all over her butt. Instead she just settled in at the archery fields. She heard no one practicing, but for now that meant she had some peace and serenity, all alone with the wind and Sanmi as she just smiled.
Last edited by Tonbo Misa on Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dragon Clan • Bushi • Advisor • Blind • Ascetic • Enlightened
Honor: What is Expected | Glory: 1.0 | Status: 4.0 | Courtship Points: 7
Carries: Traveling Pack, Daisho (where applicable), walking stick

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Re: (D6, LA, OPEN!)

Postby Moto Baatar on Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:24 pm

A young Unicorn was passing by, and was rather surprised to see the blind Dragon at the archery field. After dithering for a moment over whether to get involved, he decided to approach.

"Excuse me, Tonbo-sama," a young man's voice called to her, interrupting her moment of peace and serenity as he announced his presence. "I'm Moto Baatar. Are you lost?"
Unicorn Clan • Samurai • Gaijin Name • Failure of Courtesy
Honor: Untrustworthy • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 4
carries: scimitar, wakizashi, shochu, puppy. when appropriate: Unicorn horse, riding armor
Moto Baatar

Re: (D6, LA, OPEN!) I Forgot the Title

Postby Tonbo Misa on Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:07 pm

Misa's head turned her head toward the voice and gave a bit of a smile. She bowed in the young Moto's direction. "Konnichi-wa Moto-san. This one is Tonbo Misa, and no, she is no more lost than we all are on this journey of life, don't you agree?"

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Moto Baatar on Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:26 pm

"I feel lost more often than not these days," Baatar admitted. "But I think I understand what you mean."

"Anyway, I just wanted to warn you that you're awfully close to the archery range, in case you didn't realize," the Unicorn continued. "I wouldn't want you to accidentally catch an arrow. It'd be poor payback for the kindness the Dragon have shown for my clan."
carries: scimitar, wakizashi, shochu, puppy. when appropriate: Unicorn horse, riding armor
Moto Baatar

Postby Tonbo Misa on Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:49 pm

Misa gave a soft laugh into a sleeve, smiling as she brought her sleeve away. "Am I then? That's very kind of Moto-san to let me know. Are there samurai aiming for me as we speak? Should I turn sideways to present a smaller target?"

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Moto Baatar on Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:34 pm

"It's not the samurai you have to worry about," Baatar explained. "It's the ninja! LOOK OUT!"

There was the sound of steel being drawn, then footsteps running towards Misa as the young Unicorn ran to her side. She heard a "clang" and then Baatar declared triumphantly, "You didn't think I could block the arrow, eh? Well, have at you, ninja!"

The sounds of a struggle ensued, and Baatar called out, "Run for your life, Lady Tonbo! I'll hold them off with my very life!"

--

Sanmi, of course, could see Moto Baatar capering about with a wicked grin, waving his sword around as if fighting off imaginary foes. Occasionally, he would strike the side of his sword with his left hand, to make the steel ring. There were absolutely no ninja to be seen; but ninja were sneaky like that, weren't they?

--
Narrate ninja attack: Perform: Oratory 25
Moto Baatar

Postby Tonbo Misa on Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:04 am

Sanmi didn't really need to tell Misa anything. It was well performed, but there was no such thing as ninja anyway. All the same, there was no point saying anything to ruin the humor. Misa hid a laugh in a sleeve, grinning. "I am not in any shape to run Moto-san! You must save me!"

She pretended to faint back into Sanmi's arms. The girl just pouted.

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Moto Baatar on Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:43 am

The sounds of struggle could still be heard as Moto Baatar continued to narrate the mighty battle that was transpiring.

"Ha, you use Red Tiger technique against me?" Baatar gibed at his unseen opponent. "Moto technique defeats the Red Tiger! Hack! Slash! Dodge! Parry! Chop!" There were more sounds of clanging steel; then, suddenly, the sound of footsteps running away.

"I... I've driven the attackers off, Lady Tonbo," panted Baatar, out of breath from exertion. "But--ohh! I've taken a mortal wound." There was the sound of a thud as a body fell to the ground.

"Tell--tell my family I died bravely!" the fallen Unicorn gasped melodramatically.

--
Make sounds of footsteps running away, then sneak back unheard: Stealth 29
Moto Baatar

Postby Tonbo Misa on Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:23 pm

Sanmi just looked on with a pouted look, but Misa kept up her part of the show. She hid another giggle into her sleeve as the battle went on. Finally, at that last, she pantomimed wiping tears from her eyes, tone sorrowful. "No Moto-san! You are too young and brave to continue along the karmic wheel! Think of your duty left to your lord and live!"

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Moto Baatar on Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:34 pm

"Do not weep, Tonbo-sama," gasped the (apparently) dying Moto melodramatically. "My life is a small price to pay to ensure your safety. I only ask that in future years, you remember the brave Unicorn who died for you. But now the light is fading, alas! Darkness is falling...!"

There followed some peculiar gurgling noises (?) that were Baatar's best attempt at sounding like a wounded man in the process of dying.
Moto Baatar

Postby Tonbo Misa on Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:23 pm

Misa couldn't hide her giggle this time, and she dropped the act with a happy voice trying to fake a sterness like a director. "No no Moto-san, that won't do at all! A dying man wouldn't gurgle like that. More like this."

She gave a drier gurgle that was a bit raspy, gasping more but catching her breath.

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Moto Baatar on Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:13 am

The sound of Moto Baatar's messy death scene was spoiled by his laughter as the young Unicorn found himself unable to maintain the pretense. "I'm healed by the power of laughter!" he declared, chuckling. "It's a miracle!"

"But really, that's a much better 'dying' sound that you made, Tonbo-sama," Baatar admitted mirthfully. "I shall have to work on it, in case there are any more assassination attempts in the offing."
Moto Baatar

Postby Tonbo Misa on Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:59 pm

Her smile didn't disappear, but her tone took on a softer, more melancholy lilt. "I've heard the sound too many times to mistake it, so it is likely good that Moto-san got it wrong. Still, it is but a minor point in an otherwise magnificent performance of sound. I am certain my servant is rolling her eyes at it all, but I appreciated it much. Domo arigato." She gave a soft bow.

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Moto Baatar on Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:36 pm

Baatar smiled; she couldn't see it, but perhaps she could hear it in his voice.

"You're most welcome, Tonbo-sama," he said. "I would be glad to save you from ninja, any time."
Moto Baatar

Postby Tonbo Misa on Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:25 pm

Misa's warmer smile returned, and her tone had a hint of mirth. "And I to give you voice lessons, be that acting or song, though I confess to hardly being familiar with the former, and only so so with the later."

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Next

Return to Archery Field