[Day 6 Late Morning] Lion Breakfast Time

Re: [Day 6 Late Morning] Lion Breakfast Time

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:15 pm

"You forget, Matsu-sama," Tomoe's tone was a little sharper than normal now, "that it is against Imperial Law for a Great Clan to wage war on a Minor Clan... and the Minor Clans who share borders with eachother to allow for warfare between them are relatively few. The Mantis have it by proxy of their naval power, and we saw how that went with their war against the Tortoise. The Hare and the Piranha share a border in theory because of the Shinomen... but well, waging war through that place would be crazy."

The sharpness was replaced by a teasing smile. "Perhaps you would consider it differently, had you spent time as part of a Minor Clan."
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Matsu Nintoku on Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:57 pm

"I am familiar with the Imperial Law. It forbids Great Clans from starting wars," he retorted. "A slight to the honor of a Great Clan could, and has been, considered an act of war thus bypassing such Law." His tone wasn't threatening in fact it seemed more akin advice than anything offensive.

"If I were a member of a Minor Clan?" he pondered as he rubbed his chin pensively. "Well no sense thinking about that since I will not be joining one in any foreseeable future."

"Though I would certainly think a lot on how to protect myself against a superior force not necessarily that of a great clan," he shrugged "but exactly like that."
Lion Clan • Bushi • Hero • Kuge • Sometimes Smiles • Cuter Than A Goat
Honor: Exceptional | Glory: 3.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 3
Carries: Daisho, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Khulun's EXQUISITE fan.
Description
Matsu Nintoku

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:37 pm

"Matters of honor is another matter, given the Emperor's approval," the Hare conceded with a nod.

"It's not that the Minor Clans do not give thought to such things, Matsu-sama. But the need of generals and tacticians is not the same as it is with the Great Clans who are frequently waging honorable war against eachother." Tomoe chuckled softly. "Our resources and duties are different than those of the Great Clans... why else do you think so few Minor Clans committed resources to the war against the Nagas?"
ProfileMusic

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Matsu Nintoku on Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:54 pm

"There is difference between committing resources to a distant war and waging a defensive war," he retorted once more. "I am not dismissing the need for good diplomacy to ensure the survival of a Minor Clan, far from it, but Usagi-san must acknowledge that having a great tactician on your side might be the difference between continuing a minor clan and, well, being the Dragonfly."
Description
Matsu Nintoku

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:59 pm

She tilted her head to the side, giving it thought. "Hm, I would say that the Dragonfly occupy a rather... different position, when viewed historically, compared to most Minor Clans. Some would perhaps say it was doomed from the start, to be founded on an insult to a Great Clan's honor. Some would say it was impressive for them to last as long as they did, until they were undone by an irresponsible lord, from what I have heard." Tomoe knew better than to argue the finer points of how the Lion technically drove the Dragonfly into 'extinction'.

"I agree with your point though, but I still stand by mine."
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

Postby Matsu Nintoku on Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:39 pm

"As it should be," he replied. "There are two sides of a coin Usagi-san and I am not arrogant enough to presume to hold all the truths."

"I merely think the role of tactician would fit you like a katana fits a scabbard."
Description
Matsu Nintoku

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:10 pm

"I will take that compliment to heart, Matsu-sama," she replied with a sincere smile. Considering the Lion were the most renowned tacticians in the Empire, she certainly found it to be a compliment.

"Apart from Go, reading historical battles and studying treaties of war, I admit I have no idea on how I would apply such to a real combat scenario, but it is certainly something to look into in my future, regardless of where I end up. Is it true that all the Lion study tactics intensely in their training, or is it just the Akodo?"
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

Previous

Return to The Administrative Center