Power Ballad Observation Thread (D7, EA & LA)

Re: Power Ballad Observation Thread (D7, EA & LA)

Postby Shinjo Akil on Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:09 pm

Shinjo Liu Yue wrote:"Hai. I will do as you wish, Akil-dono." Yue let out a small chuckle. "I can imagine my sister is displeased with me at this moment."

"These things happen," he shrugged, "would you have preferred to be insincere?"
Unicorn Clan | Bushi | Permanent Injury | Hero

Honor: What is expected | Glory: 3.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 1

"Want to be a hero? I have some advice for you. It hurts like hell."

Mekhem

Equipment: Daisho, tanto, flute, sturdy clothing, sake cup

Character image

Setem- his Horse

Description
Shinjo Akil

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:14 pm

Kemuri's song was a bit of a surprise, and he found himself wondering what the Miya had done to win him over so quickly.

Well it could be that he was like many of the other Unicorn, and he had dragged her into his bed on the second meeting.
Badger Clan * Bushi * Scout * Archer * Tough * Engaged to the best Otaku

Courtship points: 3

Carries: daisho, sake cup, chopsticks

For combat: light armor, daisho, tanto, yumi and quiver, masakiri
Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Miya Mei on Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:15 pm

Mei nods to Khulun in acknowledgement but keeps her focus on Kitakuhime.

"As much as I respect the Moto for their hosting of this event, my honor cannot allow this matter to go unaddressed. You may be an heir, but you know nothing of the Empire and our ways. I tried to solve this matter by calmly pulling aside all of you and explaining how to approach the subject with others who will certainly be offended, and for different reasons than I, but you have failed to allow me to do so. Having tea tomorrow will not solve the fallout that is surely to come for the remainder of the evening. The Unicorn have already had their name drug through the mud once this Miai. I was trying to help you, Otaku-sama, and you have spit in my face."

Mei clears her throat.

"I will ask once more before I am forced by honor to turn to the heavens. Please allow me to take the three of you to the side and speak in private."

----Rolls----
[D7 Afternoons] Etiquette: 4d10o10k3 20
Imperial | Duelist | Kakita Trained | Unmarriable
Honor: Exceptional | Glory: 1.0 |Infamy 1.0 | Status 1.5 | CP: -2

Description

Wielder of an elegantly decorated katana, Meng. D8+ carries Shinjo Kemuri's Fan
Miya Mei

Postby Moto Khulun on Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:18 pm

“Who spit in who’s face?” says the Moto princess who was pretty confused but refrains from adding anything else of use as this seems to be going to challenge land, quickly.
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:18 pm

The tiny Moto was next, and honestly he surprised the Badger, he had expected something much more crass. Maybe there was a gli.mer of hope for that family. Mind you a small one.

Disappointment waa soon to follow though as Samai came onto the stage. Hidas balls he liked sale as much as anyone. But why would you dedicate a drinking song to the man you loved?

Was she drunk? She had to be drunk right?

Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:19 pm

Matsu Yurio wrote:Yurio looked up, as he invariably had to with most other people. Then bowed. Then looked up again.

"Shinjo-san, thank you. I am Matsu Yurio. An interesting event the Moto have designed."

"One of the many things I have learned is that this sort of event is quite atypical of the normal affairs of those that have called the Empire home," she said, using yet another way to refer to the difference between their people. Fei has yet to find a method of doing so she liked.

"Yet, you and others are taking to it rather well. Which is something that is certainly appreciated, as it has certainly been in all of the past events."
Unicorn - Bushi - Cursed - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Friend of Fire
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship: -1
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin
Carries: Sturdy Clothing (Leather, Fur), Courtiers Fan, Small Knife, Coin Purse, Wakizashi, Tanto, Naginata (Where Appropriate)
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Matsu Yurio on Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:25 pm

Shinjo Liu Fei wrote:"One of the many things I have learned is that this sort of event is quite atypical of the normal affairs of those that have called the Empire home," she said, using yet another way to refer to the difference between their people. Fei has yet to find a method of doing so she liked.

"Yet, you and others are taking to it rather well. Which is something that is certainly appreciated, as it has certainly been in all of the past events."

"It would dishonour myself and my ancestors not to take part in everything put before me when my superiors have sent me here to compete. Although I very much they thought I'd be singing. The lancing was predictable knowing your attachment to horses. Not the poetry and singing so much."
Lion Clan * Bushi * Scout * Small * Daring * KITTEH *
Soon to be Purple KITTEH Doggeh Trainer

Glory 1.0 * Status 1.0 * Honour Exceptional * Courtship 3!

Carries: Daisho, fan, sake cup.
When permitted: No-dachi, light armour.
Sometimes accompanied by: Neko

Panthera leo matsu militarus-minimus
Matsu Yurio

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:27 pm

Finished with her performance, the rabbit quickly retreated into the crowd somewhere, her fan raised to conceal her blush.
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:30 pm

"We keep our history through stories, Matsu-sama. Song, and poetry are just more interesting ways in which to accomplish a lot of the things that we hold close," she said in a rather professionally informational manner. "Of course, whatever talents that my Family and family have in the area have clearly skipped over me."
Unicorn - Bushi - Cursed - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Friend of Fire
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship: -1
Carries: Sturdy Clothing (Leather, Fur), Courtiers Fan, Small Knife, Coin Purse, Wakizashi, Tanto, Naginata (Where Appropriate)
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Miya Mei on Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:32 pm

Moto Khulun wrote:“Who spit in who’s face?” says the Moto princess who was pretty confused but refrains from adding anything else of use as this seems to be going to challenge land, quickly.

Mei looks at Khulun and motions toward Kitakuhume, waiting for the Otaku to reply.
Imperial | Duelist | Kakita Trained | Unmarriable
Honor: Exceptional | Glory: 1.0 |Infamy 1.0 | Status 1.5 | CP: -2

Description

Wielder of an elegantly decorated katana, Meng. D8+ carries Shinjo Kemuri's Fan
Miya Mei

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:34 pm

Miya Mei wrote:Mei nods to Khulun in acknowledgement but keeps her focus on Kitakuhime.

"As much as I respect the Moto for their hosting of this event, my honor cannot allow this matter to go unaddressed. You may be an heir, but you know nothing of the Empire and our ways. I tried to solve this matter by calmly pulling aside all of you and explaining how to approach the subject with others who will certainly be offended, and for different reasons than I, but you have failed to allow me to do so. Having tea tomorrow will not solve the fallout that is surely to come for the remainder of the evening. The Unicorn have already had their name drug through the mud once this Miai. I was trying to help you, Otaku-sama, and you have spit in my face."

Mei clears her throat.

"I will ask once more before I am forced by honor to turn to the heavens. Please allow me to take the three of you to the side and speak in private."

Kitakuhime waits patiently and nods to her. "I am thankful for your concerns, Miya-san. But sincerely, as honorable samurai we are, we may surely be patient and postpone this conversation –– in private, as you suggest –– to tomorrow. Let us be respectful also to the Moto. I merely ask you to reconsider once again the comment you made about the Unicorn, it is not befitting an Imperial samurai such as yourself."

--
OOC: I don't have any -good- slots left D7 also, only LN. If you want a duel that time, let's go for it.
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme
Carried by: Gekko (Otaku Battle Steed, where appropriate)

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Matsu Yurio on Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:35 pm

Shinjo Liu Fei wrote:"We keep our history through stories, Matsu-sama. Song, and poetry are just more interesting ways in which to accomplish a lot of the things that we hold close," she said in a rather professionally informational manner. "Of course, whatever talents that my Family and family have in the area have clearly skipped over me."

"I did wonder if the Crane advising on this event had a little too much influence. Not after this event. The Crane wouldn't condone this kind of affair. Not so openly at least. It goes against so many of their courtly rules."
Lion Clan * Bushi * Scout * Small * Daring * KITTEH *
Soon to be Purple KITTEH Doggeh Trainer

Glory 1.0 * Status 1.0 * Honour Exceptional * Courtship 3!

Carries: Daisho, fan, sake cup.
When permitted: No-dachi, light armour.
Sometimes accompanied by: Neko

Panthera leo matsu militarus-minimus
Matsu Yurio

Postby Moto Khulun on Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:36 pm

Khulun steps to her cousin’s side with a face that says, ‘That just happened… ooooh… on no she didn’t… Unicorns before Imperial jerks…’

If she could throw up gang signs she would.
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:37 pm

The Miya's attempt was uninspired, she obviously had no talent for song. The song she sang though, Kemuri had almost certainly had relations with her. Which was a bit disappointing he hadn't expected it from him.

Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:42 pm

Shinjo Akil wrote:
Shinjo Liu Yue wrote:"Hai. I will do as you wish, Akil-dono." Yue let out a small chuckle. "I can imagine my sister is displeased with me at this moment."

"These things happen," he shrugged, "would you have preferred to be insincere?"

"Iie. I prefer to be sincere and honest with my words, Akil-dono." She looked over to the Otaku heiress, the Moto who declared her love for her, and the Imperial. "What is happening over there?"
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

PreviousNext

Return to The Dueling Fields