[Day 5 - Late Morning] When Wishes Come True

Re: [Day 5 - Late Morning] When Wishes Come True

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:23 am

Hotaru looked to Bantu for a moment, then back to the Badger, at a loss for an answer to the question of filling the site back up. That seemed too labour intensive for the three of them to do. Sure, she imagined that the earth kami would love the gesture, but they were hardly the sort she tried to appease too much.

"I think they've only managed to make and carry such monstrosities because of their horses! It's kind of a strange to consider what sort of things possible when your Clan has this many horses, almost one per samurai. They indeed have a portable town on the backs of their horses, when all come together like this." She smirked. "It would be wondering if they've packed a bath house too!"
Scorpion Clan • Shrine Maiden • Diviner • Dangerously Cute • Slightly Short
Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Honour: Untrustworthy • Courtship Points: 9

Description, Artist Details in Description
Personal Effects: Wakizashi (where appropriate), scroll satchel, fan, jade charm, mask, fortune sticks, kawaru coins

Mamoru, Protector of Shrines
Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:18 pm

Well certainly they would need more people to bury t, but the Badger was thinking it might be wise, the priestess seemed to think it was dangerous after all.

"You are right about that, maybe some of the other animals help them carry things as well?" The big shaggy one's with horns certainly seemed capable of it. "A portable bath house?" He couldn't help but smile. "Now that would be a wonder. it would likely mean diverting a river or something every night to fill it though."

"He paused thoughtfully. "Of course you could also only use it if you were expecting rain."
Badger Clan * Bushi * Scout * Archer * Tough * Engaged to the best Otaku

Courtship points: 3

Carries: daisho, sake cup, chopsticks

For combat: light armor, daisho, tanto, yumi and quiver, masakiri
Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:54 pm

"It's funny, I was wondering if we would ever get enough rain that the baths would almost make themselves..." She paused to glance beside her, noting the large pond, which didn't count in this part of the conversation. "It's a good idea! But, we might have missed the opportunity. I wonder if Osano-Wo would be greeting the Unicorn once more, or we'll just have to be content with the pleasant weather. That's not such a bad trade-off, right?"

Personal Effects: Wakizashi (where appropriate), scroll satchel, fan, jade charm, mask, fortune sticks, kawaru coins

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:51 pm

"I would have to agree we've likely missed the chance. Osano-would is unlikely to visit us with that amount of rain anytime time in the next few days. Or at least I don't think he would."

He paused to peer up at the sky. "As you say one can't beat this pretty weather though, it's much better then the oppressivery heat we saw a few days ago."
Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:14 pm

"We'll just have to see..." She said on an ominous note, but on an optimistic tone. "It is ever this hot in the remote lands of the Badger?"

"The weather is rather hard to read, as it is a domain of the Fortune and the Heavens. To know what truly lies ahead would mean needing to know the minds of greater beings than you and I. Such a thing is impossible! Funny enough, I find the fates of people easier to read by comparison, as a diviner of destinies."

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:47 am

"Not normally." He turned slightly and tipped his head in the direction of his home. "Badger lands are all mountains and foot hills so they stay relatively cool most of the year. Well, in comparison to here at least."

"Oh a diviner?" He raised an eyebrow. "You must find yourself busy at the miai here then. I'd imagine all kinds of people are looking to find out about their future and what it might hold in the coming days."

Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:02 am

Hotaru gave a few small nods in regards to the description of the Badger lands, not finding it particularly thrilling. His idea of cold could be far different than her idea of it, if the Badgers truly lived in the remote north and near where the Dragons were situated.

She smiled openly when he showed interest in her skills and chuckled. "I should, but I actually find myself with perhaps a little more room in my schedule than I would like. However, I think Moshi Asakiko-san has been more than generous to offer her services in the streets, providing me with more wonderous free time...my consultations are more on a one-on-one appointment basis, where I can give full considerations to my readings. After all, when you deal in the fate of others, there's no reason to be hasty about it.

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:52 am

"I'd have to agree." he said with a nod. "Moshi-san is a pleasant woman. but I don't know if I would want to have my fortune read in a hasty manner in the middle of the streets." He glanced around, perhaps to see if there were any others present and listening.

"If I was going to get my fortune read I think I'd want it done somewhere a little more private."

Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:08 pm

"I'm glad you see it my way, Ichiro-san!" She said with a bright smile. "Moshi-san is still doing a splendid service nevertheless, of course. People are rather busy during the miai and they wish to have their readings, rather than be tied up by appointments with someone who has no chance of being their wife. I do my earnest to be as insightful with my readings as possible."

"I wish to extend my services to both you and Soshi-sama, if you wish to have my consultation." She smiled softly at her offer.

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:35 pm

It sounded good to him so with a nod he accepted. "If you would not mind Bayushi-San. I'd love to take you up on that."

"When might be a good time?"

Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:34 am

"Oh, I don't think I would consider myself too busy on the next few days, other than the unfortunate funeral of Otaku Chi-Pu-shiryo and the event held by my honourable cousin. Some days just seem to fill themselves, sometimes. Perhaps you can drop by my yurt sometime, or catch me at the Shrine. I'd be more than happy to provide you with a consultation on short notice. Or, let me know when you're free."

(OOC: Unfortunately, it's looking like Day 8.)

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:40 am

"I'll do that then." He didn't often do things of this nature, but it couldn't hurt. Even a small glimpse could save him some trouble after all. "I need to visit the shrine more often anyways."

"Though I think if might be a few days before I can make it. Still I'll be looking forward to it."

((Pencils Hotaru in for day 8 sometime)

Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:44 pm

"Wonderful! I very much look forward to your visit, Ichiro-san." She smiled broadly at that.

"The Shrine itself is on a piece of land that has great historical significance too. To think that we're holding our miai on the same land where competitions for the Emerald Championship was once held! There's a great abundance of competitive energy here, likely in the kami themselves, I wonder if others will find their inspiration in the last half of the miai."

Realizing she might have rambling about spiritual shugenja business, she smiled at Daisuke once more to regard him with a simpler topic. "Do they have many shrine or temples in the Badger lands? I think you do find yourself sandwiched between both the Dragon and Phoenix lands?"

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:32 am

He didn't know much about competitive energies and the Kami and thing of that nature, but still he listened attentively as she spoke about it. "I'd heard this was the site of previous Emerald Championships, but I admit I haven't given it much more thought then that. Do you think that's why they picked her for the miai?"

We was grateful for the change of topic though, Badger lands were something he could talk to, at least to a degree. "I know we have some temples, but I admit I'm no expert on matters like that. I've not even spent one year in the last eight or 9 in the lands of my clans."

"I can say it's not exactly where you think it is though. We are to the west of the Dragon and north of here, on the very edge of the empire."

Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:14 pm

"It's likely that the grounds were selected only because they were a part of the Lion Clan's land previously, before they were relinquished. It might be a matter of coincidence but we are making a small bit of history here nevertheless. We all have an opportunity to make history by being the first ones to arrange an alliance with the Unicorn." A part of her wondered how every clan was supposed to be friends with the Unicorn at the first time. "I spoke with Seppun Hitako the other day and she did mention the possibility that one of us could very well end up in a highly successful marriage that will echo for the ages."

"Oh! I just wondered if being close to the Lion allowed you to rub off a little from their brand of mysticism. Or maybe, the Dragon are strangers even to their neighbours?"

Bayushi Hotaru

PreviousNext

Return to Orochi's Fall