Power Ballad Observation Thread (D7, EA & LA)

Re: Power Ballad Observation Thread (D7, EA & LA)

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:08 pm

Shinjo Akil wrote:"It is not ideal, no, but we will make it work," he kept speaking in his reassuring voice. "Honesty and sincerity are part of bushido, they keep insisting. You were doing both."

"Why would she place herself out there on my behalf? She is above me. She did not need to make potential sacrifices for my benefit."
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Shinjo Akil on Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:10 pm

"Because we are all family," he stated, "and family protects."
Unicorn Clan | Bushi | Permanent Injury | Hero

Honor: What is expected | Glory: 3.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 1

"Want to be a hero? I have some advice for you. It hurts like hell."

Mekhem

Equipment: Daisho, tanto, flute, sturdy clothing, sake cup

Character image

Setem- his Horse

Description
Shinjo Akil

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:14 pm

Moto Baatar wrote:
Yogo Mizuki wrote:"I'm glad." Mizuki takes the Moto off of her list.... for now. She waits to see what Hotaru has to say or sing. "It takes courage to sing without knowing if it will be returned. I wonder if that is part of the point? I hope the best for you, Moto-san."

"Thanks, that means a lot to me." Baatar smiled warmly at her.

After a moment, he turned to Mizuki again. "Um... if you don't mind my asking... why do you wear such a big mask?" he asked curiously. "All the other Scorpion seem to wear smaller ones, so you can at least see part of their face."

Mizuki is silent for a moment. It's not like she wasn't going to tell him before. But she doesn't necessarily want people to overhear. So, she goes with partial truth.

"The truth is I look like a Crane. It's easier for people not to get confused this way. They see a mask, they think Scorpion. They see my face wearing a smaller mask, they think I'm a Crane pretending to be a Scorpion."
Scorpion Merchant * Kuge * Blessed By Daikoku * Wealthy * Black Sheep

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Postby Moto Baatar on Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:19 pm

Yogo Mizuki wrote:"The truth is I look like a Crane. It's easier for people not to get confused this way. They see a mask, they think Scorpion. They see my face wearing a smaller mask, they think I'm a Crane pretending to be a Scorpion."

"Oh!" Baatar said, sounding surprised at this revelation. "That isn't so bad! I thought maybe you had the pox or something."

"I don't think looking like a Crane is bad at all."
Unicorn Clan • Samurai • Gaijin Name • Failure of Courtesy
Honor: Untrustworthy • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 4
carries: scimitar, wakizashi, shochu, puppy. when appropriate: Unicorn horse, riding armor
Moto Baatar

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:26 pm

Shinjo Akil wrote:"Because we are all family," he stated, "and family protects."

Yue simply nodded at the sentiment and then turned her attention to Moto Khulun. She had expected Nintoku to be the subject of the song or perhaps Butaj. However, instead it seemed that the stakes were raised even higher. It made her conclude that Kitakuhime and Khulun were both making it up for her own sake. But little did she know that the Otaku heiress was true with her song as well. "This will not end well," she told Akil after the Moto's performance.
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Asako Yuki on Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:27 pm

A little breathless from her own performance, Yuki arrives in the stands to watch and tilts her head a bit to one side as more and more of the Unicorn sing of love for one of their own. Slowly, it dawns on her what it might mean, or at least what she chooses to make of it, and her confusion turns into a warm smile.

(PM if approached)
Asako Yuki • Phoenix Clan • Bushi • Dangerously Beautiful • Gullible
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 5

Carries: Daisho, Smoking Pipe, necklace
Asako Yuki

Postby Shinjo Akil on Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:28 pm

"At least the rumors will be fun," he laughed. "Your clan is behind you, all the way."

Mekhem

Character image

Setem- his Horse

Description
Shinjo Akil

Postby Seppun Hideo on Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:30 pm

Asako Yuki wrote:A little breathless from her own performance, Yuki arrives in the stands to watch and tilts her head a bit to one side as more and more of the Unicorn sing of love for one of their own. Slowly, it dawns on her what it might mean, or at least what she chooses to make of it, and her confusion turns into a warm smile.

(PM if approached)

If this is some attempt at solidarity among kin, the first two shouldn't have sung for other non-clan women. This is a little embarrassing now.

Hideo looked over the crowds, his eyes stopping on Amaya for a few moments before continuing to look at the breathless Asako. He moved towards her, giving her a bow.
Last edited by Seppun Hideo on Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Imperial * Shugenja * Scholarly * Description
Courtiship Points: 7
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:31 pm

Kitakuhime waves herself faster with Khulun's approaching steps. Popping the fan close, she stares into the Moto's eyes as she performs, but doesn't even flinch as the other girl gets closer.

When Khulun departs, the fan opens up again, and she remains stoic in the same fashion as before.

It is getting worse. Oh, kami!
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme
Carried by: Gekko (Otaku Battle Steed, where appropriate)

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Matsu Yurio on Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:33 pm

The littlest Lion watched . . . err listened to the continuing songs.

Soooo glad I chose Saksaha. She won't do any of this. In public as well.

He looked across at Yuuru.

I could have . . . but I didn't.
Lion Clan * Bushi * Scout * Small * Daring * KITTEH *
Soon to be Purple KITTEH Doggeh Trainer

Glory 1.0 * Status 1.0 * Honour Exceptional * Courtship 3!

Carries: Daisho, fan, sake cup.
When permitted: No-dachi, light armour.
Sometimes accompanied by: Neko

Panthera leo matsu militarus-minimus
Matsu Yurio

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:34 pm

Yuuru heard the song from Khulun and chuckled then added on his last statement, "It seems like the one I insulted has her fair share of female attention to make up for whatever I might have offered..."
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Honor: Untrustworthy - Glory: 1.0 - Status: 1.0 - Courtship Points: 5
Carries: Daisho, Parangu, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Naga-shaped Netsuke
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Ide Samai on Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:37 pm

Soshi Yuuru wrote:He smiled and nodded, "Quite. I think your cousins may have scared some of the more prudish types into a fit with some of the lyrics."

He chuckled and looked around, "But don't worry, I'm not the type to get hung up on such a simple difference. I've spent a great deal of time with the snake-men in the Shinomen... I've learned that communicating is a difficult thing."

He smiled as his eyes caught the Otaku princess sitting by herself, "Even I've accidentally offended one of your people in the few days I've been here despite having no such intent."

"Snakemen? Oh, the.... nugu?" Her mind was not at its finest. Far from it. "Oh? I a msorry to hear... if you'd like, perhaps I can convey an apology and a clarification...."

And then it hit her. It has been building up for a while, but in her slowed state, she didn't piece the meanings together. She glanced at Kutakehime.... a part of her wanted to go there an support her, bit that might make things worse!!!

"..... She is a beloved leader." Ouch, not the right choice of words.
Unicorn Emissary * Gaijin Rose * Storyteller
Honor: What is expected * Status: 2.0 * Glory: 0.0 * Courtship: 2
Carries: Wakizashi, Fan, perfume (rose), coin purse
Ide Samai

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:38 pm

Shinjo Akil wrote:"At least the rumors will be fun," he laughed. "Your clan is behind you, all the way."

"Why are you not worried, Akil-dono? This could be devastating for the Clan."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:39 pm

He laughed at that comment before checking the response, "I'm sorry... was I rude? I thought that was a good joke."
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Honor: Untrustworthy - Glory: 1.0 - Status: 1.0 - Courtship Points: 5
Carries: Daisho, Parangu, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Naga-shaped Netsuke
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Shinjo Akil on Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:41 pm

"Because it is out of my control," he stated simply, "I could worry about what has happened, or I could breathe and stay light and prepare for what is to come. I admit, I have done far more worrying this miai than I like, and for the time being I am opting to try not to."

Mekhem

Character image

Setem- his Horse

Description
Shinjo Akil

PreviousNext

Return to The Dueling Fields