Power Ballad Observation Thread (D7, EA & LA)

Re: Power Ballad Observation Thread (D7, EA & LA)

Postby Moto Baatar on Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:31 pm

Yogo Mizuki wrote:
Moto Baatar wrote:"Huh!" Baatar said, glancing over at Mizuki after Yue's performance. "That... ah... wasn't half-bad! She must really like you, you should give her a chance!" The young Moto grinned encouragingly.

Mizuki is glad that she is wearing a mask. Otherwise, people would see her face matches her blood red kimono. So... it is a Unicorn thing. She moves over to Baatar and bows. "Hello. This one is Yogo Mizuki. Have you eaten rice today?"

"Oh, I'm Moto Baatar," the young Unicorn said, bowing in return. "It takes a lot of courage to get up there and sing. She must like you. Are you going to sing, too?"
Unicorn Clan • Samurai • Gaijin Name • Failure of Courtesy
Honor: Untrustworthy • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 4
carries: scimitar, wakizashi, shochu, puppy. when appropriate: Unicorn horse, riding armor
Moto Baatar

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:41 pm

The first song, or rather the first singer had made Daisuke want to hit his head against the wall. Certainly these were songs about romantic love, and he expected a few at least to share their hearts.

But she was acting almost if they were married already, a dangerous move in a miai with so many uncertainties. Repressing the urge to finish his drinks in one go he took a sip and waited for the next star.
Badger Clan * Bushi * Scout * Archer * Tough * Engaged to the best Otaku

Courtship points: 3

Carries: daisho, sake cup, chopsticks

For combat: light armor, daisho, tanto, yumi and quiver, masakiri
Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:54 pm

"Of course. Shinjo Liu Yue has proven her courage multiple times. There can be no doubt about that. I'm honored that she sang about me." And she was. She was also mortified. She was worried Sutiechi would figure out who she really slept with. She was worried Yue would be sabotaging herself. She was also sadden. It was a beautiful song. But she couldn't love Yue as Yue loved her. Sometimes, Mizuki thought Benten was true ruler of Jigoku.

But all that was neither here nor there. "Ie. I will not be singing. I would not want to inflict such cruelty on my fellow guests." Mizuki smiles. "Though I noticed your song. You hope to gain the hand of my kinswoman?"
Scorpion Merchant * Kuge * Blessed By Daikoku * Wealthy * Black Sheep

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:57 pm

Yuuru arrived at the beginning of the event and found a seat. Singing was certainly not his medium, and with a strong desire not to make any of his possible future wives upset he opted just to enjoy the music for the afternoon. When the Ide had finished her song he nodded a greeting to her and smiled slightly.

"Well done Ide-san. The Yasuki is a good man, you could have picked a lot worse." He bowed his head politely.
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Honor: Untrustworthy - Glory: 1.0 - Status: 1.0 - Courtship Points: 5
Carries: Daisho, Parangu, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Naga-shaped Netsuke
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Shinjo Akil on Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:59 pm

Shinjo Liu Yue wrote:"I understand. However, I do not think pride is the most important here, Akil-dono. We are here to be wed and if we receive the best match then that is wonderful." She nodded. "I would have enjoyed hearing you play again."

"Maybe I'll play for people tomorrow," he offered with a smile, "But this is a singing event, and I am not trained singer. I'd think that Doji-san would appreciate me not embarrassing her with my untrained voice."
Unicorn Clan | Bushi | Permanent Injury | Hero

Honor: What is expected | Glory: 3.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 1

"Want to be a hero? I have some advice for you. It hurts like hell."

Mekhem

Equipment: Daisho, tanto, flute, sturdy clothing, sake cup

Character image

Setem- his Horse

Description
Shinjo Akil

Postby Ide Samai on Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:00 pm

Soshi Yuuru wrote:Yuuru arrived at the beginning of the event and found a seat. Singing was certainly not his medium, and with a strong desire not to make any of his possible future wives upset he opted just to enjoy the music for the afternoon. When the Ide had finished her song he nodded a greeting to her and smiled slightly.

"Well done Ide-san. The Yasuki is a good man, you could have picked a lot worse." He bowed his head politely.

Samai's blush was visible even as she quickly raised her fan. "Arigatou Soshi-san. I hope that our lords find it a good match, but the miai is not over yet." She smiled at him, though a bit weakly. "Are you going to sing Soshi-san?"
Unicorn Emissary * Gaijin Rose * Storyteller
Honor: What is expected * Status: 2.0 * Glory: 0.0 * Courtship: 2
Carries: Wakizashi, Fan, perfume (rose), coin purse
Ide Samai

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:06 pm

Shinjo Akil wrote:
Shinjo Liu Yue wrote:"I understand. However, I do not think pride is the most important here, Akil-dono. We are here to be wed and if we receive the best match then that is wonderful." She nodded. "I would have enjoyed hearing you play again."

"Maybe I'll play for people tomorrow," he offered with a smile, "But this is a singing event, and I am not trained singer. I'd think that Doji-san would appreciate me not embarrassing her with my untrained voice."

"There is wisdom in allowing her to be the one to represent your match," she said with a soft smile. She let out a soft sigh. "I was hoping to do better after my great performance at the poetry event." Yue looked over to Akil. "I did well in both of the competitions hosted by the Otaku. It makes me wonder if I would have made a good shiotome."
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Shinjo Akil on Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:09 pm

"Perhaps you would have," he nodded, his fan covering his face at Kitakuhime's song. Well... that's a thing?

"I did not know that Kitakuhime-sama had such a lovely voice." He stated, pushing away from the potential scandal of the subject. Surely it was not his place to judge Princess of the Otaku on what is appropriate.

Mekhem

Character image

Setem- his Horse

Description
Shinjo Akil

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:10 pm

Ide Samai wrote:Samai's blush was visible even as she quickly raised her fan. "Arigatou Soshi-san. I hope that our lords find it a good match, but the miai is not over yet." She smiled at him, though a bit weakly. "Are you going to sing Soshi-san?"

He smiled and nodded supportively as she spoke but shook his head at her question, "No, I'm afraid this isn't my skill set... And while I've met many wonderful women here, I can't say that I would be willing to pick out one as my romantic interest at this juncture."

He turned his head and smiled, "I'm not nearly as likable as the Yasuki and I can't afford to offend any woman that may be thinking about picking me once their first choice is gone."

He chuckled.
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Shiba Kaizen on Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:12 pm

Kaizen joined the others still not quite sure what went wrong.....
Phoenix Clan * Yojimbo * Previous Year Topaz Competitor of Renown * Crane are not Fans of.. * Short
Glory: 2.0 * Status: 1.0 * Honor: What is Expected * Courtship Points: 5
Carries: daisho, fan, samisen, and wears decent quality clothing with a haori and hakama
Shiba Kaizen

Postby Moto Baatar on Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:24 pm

Yogo Mizuki wrote:"Ie. I will not be singing. I would not want to inflict such cruelty on my fellow guests." Mizuki smiles. "Though I noticed your song. You hope to gain the hand of my kinswoman?"

Baatar perked up at Mizuki's comment.

"Yes, I hope so," he agreed. "She's terrific, and has been really nice to me. I think she likes me, too... though it is hard to know whether she really likes me... if you know what I mean." The young Moto looked more than a little nervous at this thought.

"But either way, I wanted her to know how I felt."
Unicorn Clan • Samurai • Gaijin Name • Failure of Courtesy
Honor: Untrustworthy • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 4
carries: scimitar, wakizashi, shochu, puppy. when appropriate: Unicorn horse, riding armor
Moto Baatar

Postby Ide Samai on Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:25 pm

Soshi Yuuru wrote:He smiled and nodded supportively as she spoke but shook his head at her question, "No, I'm afraid this isn't my skill set... And while I've met many wonderful women here, I can't say that I would be willing to pick out one as my romantic interest at this juncture."

He turned his head and smiled, "I'm not nearly as likable as the Yasuki and I can't afford to offend any woman that may be thinking about picking me once their first choice is gone."

He chuckled.

"You just need to lug around some sake and I'm sure after the third bottle all of the woman will forgive you." There was a song in her head.... 99 bottles of sake on the wall.

"So does that mean you have your ideas set so far Soshi-san, what do you expect to do at the end of the miai?"
Unicorn Emissary * Gaijin Rose * Storyteller
Honor: What is expected * Status: 2.0 * Glory: 0.0 * Courtship: 2
Carries: Wakizashi, Fan, perfume (rose), coin purse
Ide Samai

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:27 pm

Shinjo Akil wrote:"Perhaps you would have," he nodded, his fan covering his face at Kitakuhime's song. Well... that's a thing?

"I did not know that Kitakuhime-sama had such a lovely voice." He stated, pushing away from the potential scandal of the subject. Surely it was not his place to judge Princess of the Otaku on what is appropriate.

It was then that it finally dawned on Yue how bad of a choice she made. She stared at Kitakuhime from the stands and then back to Akil. "Akil-dono, I made a terrible blunder."

A small part of her, the joker, wanted to add that she really would make a wonderful shiotome.
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:30 pm

He chuckled, "Set? Kind of... not really... partially..."

He smiled, "I doubt I'll be in the upper end of people picking. So I'll probably pick the best option that is left to me. There are a few decent options, I seem to have a personal leaning for three of the Iuchi women here. But they're all desirable matches... so it's highly possible they'll be gone by the time it's my turn."
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Shinjo Akil on Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:30 pm

"It is what it is," he shrugged as he whispered, "there is a chance we can simply push it as unicorn ignorance, and then while still painful, we can mitigate any damage. You are fine, Li Yue-san."

Mekhem

Character image

Setem- his Horse

Description
Shinjo Akil

PreviousNext

Return to The Dueling Fields