Power Ballad Observation Thread (D7, EA & LA)

Re: Power Ballad Observation Thread (D7, EA & LA)

Postby Shinjo Akil on Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:43 pm

Shinjo Liu Yue wrote:The young Shinjo woman came back to the stands. She was unsure if people knew who she was singing to, even if it was actually obvious to anyone listening. For the moment, she was content with not approaching anyone in particular.

---

((PM is approached please!))

Akil approached Li Yue, offering her a polite smile as he bowed. He produced a fan, showing a crane silhouetted by a golden sunburst, holding it near to speak privately to her. "That was an interesting song, Li Yue-san."
Unicorn Clan | Bushi | Permanent Injury | Hero

Honor: What is expected | Glory: 3.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 1

"Want to be a hero? I have some advice for you. It hurts like hell."

Mekhem

Equipment: Daisho, tanto, flute, sturdy clothing, sake cup

Character image

Setem- his Horse

Description
Shinjo Akil

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:46 pm

Miya Mei wrote:"That is an interesting way to test someone, I suppose. It does take courage to stand in front of all and profess such a thing."

She gives a half smile before the voice of a female catches her attention. She turns her head to look at the performance area and sees Liu Yue.

"Um."

Mei blinks.

"Shinjo-san."

Mei blinks again, her face somewhat stunned.

"Is...Is it..."

Mei takes a breath.

"Is it common for women to love women in the Unicorn?"

"No, not common. I've not been aware of such outside of stories. I'm not even very familiar with those." He watched Liu Yue for a brief moment. "Love is love, I suppose."
Unicorn Clan Marta Family Bushi Hunter Explorer Storyteller Completely Honest Rides Sarangerel
Honor: Expected • Status: .5 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 4

Carries: Water, Knife, Sake Cup, Chopsticks, Dice
As Appropriate: Daisho, Light Armor, Daikyu, Quiver, Lantern, Cloak, Hat
Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:46 pm

Shinjo Akil wrote:Akil approached Li Yue, offering her a polite smile as he bowed. He produced a fan, showing a crane silhouetted by a golden sunburst, holding it near to speak privately to her. "That was an interesting song, Li Yue-san."

It was always nice to be appreciated by a hero of your Family! "Konnichiwa, Akil-dono!" Yue bowed to him in return. She looked at his fan and produced her own to match her deal idol. "You believe so? I am glad to know you enjoyed it." Her eyes peered at the fan. "Oh! I assume it is going well with Doji Fukawa-san."
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Shinjo Akil on Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:49 pm

Apparently Li Yue was a master of changing subjects, and making Akil's face burn. Thank goodness for the fan. "H-hai. Her voice is beautiful, isn't it..."

Mekhem

Character image

Setem- his Horse

Description
Shinjo Akil

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:51 pm

Yue nodded enthusiastically. "Hai! It is no doubt she will be victorious in this competition. She has done well in any event involving courtly matters." She smirked. "From what I have learned, neither of us should be surprised that a Crane courtier has done so well."

She let out a soft sigh. "I wish I could have done as well as her. I would like to rise higher in the rankings." She leaned in with a big grin. "I started off so low and now I have risen up!"
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Shinjo Akil on Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:53 pm

He nodded at her words, "She is... Something." He couldn't exactly hide the wistful sigh, "I wish I had better words to describe it."

At the mention of standings, he again nodded. "I hope I will have at least one opportunity to push myself higher in standing. I don't feel the best about my performance lately."

Mekhem

Character image

Setem- his Horse

Description
Shinjo Akil

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:59 pm

Shinjo Akil wrote:He nodded at her words, "She is... Something." He couldn't exactly hide the wistful sigh, "I wish I had better words to describe it."

At the mention of standings, he again nodded. "I hope I will have at least one opportunity to push myself higher in standing. I don't feel the best about my performance lately."

"If you had better words then you would be up there," Yue said before pointing her fan to the stage. She then placed the fan back over her lips. "I do not think you need to worry. Your favored suitor is high in the rankings." She let out a soft sigh. "I am not so fortunate. I need to climb more in order to choose mine."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:59 pm

Mizuki just sat there with her jaw dropped. Eventually, she regains her composure.

Well, that happened.

Mizuki wasn't sure how to react. Where's the Yasuki? Sake would help. She pondered approaching Yue, but that would bring complications. Thankfully, Akil went over to her. So, Mizuki sat there. Plotting.

((PM if approached))
Scorpion Merchant * Kuge * Blessed By Daikoku * Wealthy * Black Sheep

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Postby Shinjo Akil on Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:01 pm

Shinjo Liu Yue wrote:
Shinjo Akil wrote:He nodded at her words, "She is... Something." He couldn't exactly hide the wistful sigh, "I wish I had better words to describe it."

"If you had better words then you would be up there," Yue said before pointing her fan to the stage. She then placed the fan back over her lips. "I do not think you need to worry. Your favored suitor is high in the rankings." She let out a soft sigh. "I am not so fortunate. I need to climb more in order to choose mine."

"It is more pride than anything," he admitted, "it is a shame they wouldn't let me use my flute for this event."

Mekhem

Character image

Setem- his Horse

Description
Shinjo Akil

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:05 pm

"I understand. However, I do not think pride is the most important here, Akil-dono. We are here to be wed and if we receive the best match then that is wonderful." She nodded. "I would have enjoyed hearing you play again."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Moto Baatar on Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:06 pm

Yogo Mizuki wrote:Mizuki just sat there with her jaw dropped. Eventually, she regains her composure.

"Huh!" Baatar said, glancing over at Mizuki after Yue's performance. "That... ah... wasn't half-bad! She must really like you, you should give her a chance!" The young Moto grinned encouragingly.
Unicorn Clan • Samurai • Gaijin Name • Failure of Courtesy
Honor: Untrustworthy • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 4
carries: scimitar, wakizashi, shochu, puppy. when appropriate: Unicorn horse, riding armor
Moto Baatar

Postby Yuzuki on Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:10 pm

Yuzuki should be asleep. Really. But it would probably be rude to not at least observe the day's main event. Participating though? Oh no. No, no, no. Yuzuki didn't sing. And even if she did, she wouldn't know who to sing to. And even if she did, she was far too tired to make a go of it.

So no, Yuzuki did not sing.

And she kind of struggled to keep her eyes open at times.

Although some of the performances were rather... interesting... enough to keep her awake.
Mantis Clan • Bushi • Cursed • Easily Distracted • Tough • Eccentric • Fashionable
Glory: 3.0 • Status 1.0 • Honor: Untrustworthy • CP: 1
Carries: Daisho, Kama(2x), odds & ends.
Wears: Expensive kimono, haori, hakama, Light armor when appropriate.
Yuzuki / Kon
Yuzuki

Postby Matsu Yurio on Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:14 pm

The Kitteh strode proudly over to the crowd after proving that he could, indeed, do anything. He looked about for a drink. In his preparations he had either missed Liu Yue's song altogether, was politely ignoring it, or . . . considered it to close to his own situation to even dare say anything.

/ooc PM if approaching.
Lion Clan * Bushi * Scout * Small * Daring * KITTEH *
Soon to be Purple KITTEH Doggeh Trainer

Glory 1.0 * Status 1.0 * Honour Exceptional * Courtship 3!

Carries: Daisho, fan, sake cup.
When permitted: No-dachi, light armour.
Sometimes accompanied by: Neko

Panthera leo matsu militarus-minimus
Matsu Yurio

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:15 pm

Moto Baatar wrote:
Yogo Mizuki wrote:Mizuki just sat there with her jaw dropped. Eventually, she regains her composure.

"Huh!" Baatar said, glancing over at Mizuki after Yue's performance. "That... ah... wasn't half-bad! She must really like you, you should give her a chance!" The young Moto grinned encouragingly.

Mizuki is glad that she is wearing a mask. Otherwise, people would see her face matches her blood red kimono. So... it is a Unicorn thing. She moves over to Baatar and bows. "Hello. This one is Yogo Mizuki. Have you eaten rice today?"
Scorpion Merchant * Kuge * Blessed By Daikoku * Wealthy * Black Sheep

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:15 pm

Singing? Daisuke thought about doing so, but in the end decided not to. Not that he didn't like any of the young women here. It was just, he hadn't set his heart on any of them. It didn't help that he'd be unlikely to marry any of the women he might sing about either.

Finding a place in the back of the crowd, he sipped from a small cup of Shochu if he was going to listen to all this singing he was going to need it.

((Pm if you approach))
Badger Clan * Bushi * Scout * Archer * Tough * Engaged to the best Otaku

Courtship points: 3

Carries: daisho, sake cup, chopsticks

For combat: light armor, daisho, tanto, yumi and quiver, masakiri
Ichiro Daisuke

PreviousNext

Return to The Dueling Fields