Dinner Take II (D6, EE)

Re: Dinner Take II (D6, EE)

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:58 am

"I think she will do well with my mother... I hope." he replied.
Bayushi Suteichi
Scorpion Clan*Courtier*Poet*Musician*Dangerously Handsome*Heartless*Blessed By Benten

Status 1.0|Honor: Untrustworthy|Courtshp Points: 3

Carries: Fan, Sweets, Wakizashi, Aiguchi (when applicable), Samisen

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Matsu Kogo on Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:14 pm

Kogo scratches the back of her head. "She will without a doubt do better than I did....I do not mean this in any way disparagingly Suteichi-san, but if your mother was a Matsu, I would never wish to be in front of her when she charges."
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Postby Otaku Imane on Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:36 pm

Soshi Yuuru wrote:He nodded, "I've been fortunate to meet with quite a few women actually. Currently there are three women, all Iuchi by birth that I find to be the most suitable for a potential match with me. Otaku-sama is also of interest to me, but by the comment you left me with at our last meeting, I wonder if I would be a suitable choice for your spouse or not."

Imane considered this but found it an unusual thing to say. "I am glad that you can see yourself finding an acceptable match with my clan. There are several fine Iuchi present so that is good. May I ask what Soshi-san would find so difficult were we to be paired?"

She smiled at him at then sipped the tea. It was nice, not as strong as the coffee she usually preferred, and held less promise of keeping her awake at night.
Unicorn • Shiotome • Prodigy • Musical • Honest • Gaijin Name • Archer • Lancer • Singer
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0.1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question | Courtship Points: 9
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Flute, Light armour (where appropriate)
Carried by: Almatar (Otaku warhorse, where appropriate)
Otaku Imane

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:55 pm

He nodded, "You mentioned that you were wishing for a man who would be well-suited to taking care of a home and children. And while I'd be the first to brag about things that I am good in, I must say... being stuck in one place and paying special attention to the details of running a home... those are not things that I am particularly well-suited for."
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Honor: Untrustworthy - Glory: 1.0 - Status: 1.0 - Courtship Points: 5
Carries: Daisho, Parangu, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Naga-shaped Netsuke
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:10 pm

Matsu Kogo wrote:Kogo scratches the back of her head. "She will without a doubt do better than I did....I do not mean this in any way disparagingly Suteichi-san, but if your mother was a Matsu, I would never wish to be in front of her when she charges."

Suteichi snickered.

"I will keep that information to myself. My mother would not be too pleased being compared to a Matsu. She tolerates our association and even that is a task for her."
Bayushi Suteichi
Scorpion Clan*Courtier*Poet*Musician*Dangerously Handsome*Heartless*Blessed By Benten

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Matsu Kogo on Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:13 pm

She smiles with a bit of chuckle to it. "Ahh well, I suppose I am to be tolerated now and then. But that is odd, for you say our mothers wished us to wed. Why, if she disliked the Matsu, would she seek an alliance with them?"

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:41 pm

He raised an eyebrow and proceeded to correct her.

"My good Kogo-san. Do remember that as walls have ears, the streets have twice as many. If word got back to our prospects here at a miai, exactly how well will that go over just blurting out what was supposed to have been arranged? The Court in Akodo Lands are to be where they are. Please be cautious." he looked at her with a serious but also a kind look. It would indicate that he was not trying to be angry with her.
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Otaku Imane on Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:59 pm

Soshi Yuuru wrote:He nodded, "You mentioned that you were wishing for a man who would be well-suited to taking care of a home and children. And while I'd be the first to brag about things that I am good in, I must say... being stuck in one place and paying special attention to the details of running a home... those are not things that I am particularly well-suited for."

She smiled brightly at his response. "Oh but Soshi-san, the Otaku do not stay in one place. The thing about a yurt you see, it's main defining feature, is that you can move it. So the opportunity to see the Empire would be unparalleled. And you would have plenty of time before we thought about children. Years actually, before Almatar needs to retire."

Imane looked to see what sort of food was available. "Of course, if you do not believe that such a life would appeal then I would not seek to inflict it upon you."
Unicorn • Shiotome • Prodigy • Musical • Honest • Gaijin Name • Archer • Lancer • Singer
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0.1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question | Courtship Points: 9
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Flute, Light armour (where appropriate)
Carried by: Almatar (Otaku warhorse, where appropriate)
Otaku Imane

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:07 pm

He smiled and shook his head, "I'm sure a life with you Otaku-sama would be more than fulfilling; you are a charming and powerful woman who will continue to grow in both beauty and strength. I am merely informing you in all Honesty that I don't think I could adequately fill what you are searching for. Were you looking for a man to be an equal partner; one who would bring much to the family by his work as a magistrate and scout for your clan? Then I would be well-suited for such a desire. But if you are looking for a servant to mind the house while you are away? I'm not much of a home-maker is all."

He took a sip of tea, "Magistrates have duties that take them from the home often... as do scouts in times of war... I'm afraid my skills would be better-suited for such tasks which would lead to either neglect at home or a misuse of my training in your family. While I am more than willing to do my duty for whatever my lord may require of me... I personally think most lords would prefer someone who was competent in the tasks they assign. And as homemaker and affectionate caregiver to children, I am not confident in that role."
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Honor: Untrustworthy - Glory: 1.0 - Status: 1.0 - Courtship Points: 5
Carries: Daisho, Parangu, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Naga-shaped Netsuke
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Matsu Kogo on Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:10 pm

Bayushi Suteichi wrote:He raised an eyebrow and proceeded to correct her.

"My good Kogo-san. Do remember that as walls have ears, the streets have twice as many. If word got back to our prospects here at a miai, exactly how well will that go over just blurting out what was supposed to have been arranged? The Court in Akodo Lands are to be where they are. Please be cautious." he looked at her with a serious but also a kind look. It would indicate that he was not trying to be angry with her.

Kogo blushes up to her ears at the correction. "Sorry Suteichi-san. I forget sometimes." She searches for a safe topic, though her face does not indicate her franticness. "Ano....what do you think will be tomorrow's event? I wish we would have another like today's, but I fear that is not to be."

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:28 pm

"Your guess is as good as mine Kogo-san. I'm sure that it will be most...interesting."
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Matsu Kogo on Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:32 pm

She nods. "I suspect so. There are to be two days of each family. How many have we had so far?" She begins to attempt counting them up in her head.

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:43 am

"The Iuchi and Moto remain. As I said, it should be most interesting."
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Matsu Kogo on Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:20 am

She pauses. "The Moto....I am unsure of what they will propose... They defy prediction, from what I have seen. The Iuchi are their shugenja family, if I am correct. Those tasks, I suspect I will have little ability to perform well in." She sighs. "I did not suspect that I would be relying on the Moto to help promote my standings this miai."

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:29 am

"Then I suggest finding alternative methods to accomplish your endgame. Never go into anything without an alternative plan. Be adaptable."
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

PreviousNext

Return to The Streets of Dark Edge Village