MOTO 1: Power Ballads (D7, EA & LA)

MOTO 1: Power Ballads (D7, EA & LA)

Postby Mindshred on Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:30 am

The Moto have gathered everyone at the dueling field to engage in epic duels to win the hearts of those they love! But these are not duels of steel... they are duels of song!

One by one, each samurai must step forward and sing a love ballad that will make his or her ancestors weep in joy from the afterlife! Truly it will be a story to tell your many children!

Time Slot: All Afternoon

Magic: Allowed

This One Goes Out To...: The character must choose another character at the miai as the subject of their love ballad. The chosen character's Status and Glory are added together, rounded down, and added to every roll the character makes during this Event. The subject of the character's song is blatantly obvious to anyone listening.

Every Rose Has Its Thorn: Once the character has determined the character they wish to sing about, they must compose an epic love ballad off the top of their head. Fortunately, the character can draw some inspiration from popular love poems or plays. The character makes their choice of either a TN 15 Artisan: Poetry/Intellect Roll, a TN 15 Acting/Intellect Roll, or a TN 15 Perform: Song/Intellect Roll. On a success, the character earns 1 Ballad Point, plus one Ballad Point per successful Raise. On a failure, the character's chosen verses are less than romantic and the character loses 1 Ballad Point per Called Raise.

If the character fails this roll, the subject of their song also gains +.1 Infamy for every failed Raise the character made. If the subject was recently involved in a scandalous rumor with the character (regardless of its veracity), both characters also lose Honor as if they had committed a Minor Breach of Etiquette.

Every Night Has Its Dawn: Once the character has determined their lyrics, it is time to sing them! This is a long, drawn out affair that tests the character's endurance, voice, and dedication.

** The character may attempt this step a number of times equal to their effective Stamina Rank (or their Stamina Rank -1, if they have the Weakness [Stamina] disadvantage). **

The character makes a TN 15 Perform: Singing/Awareness Roll. On a success, the character completes an epic verse of their love ballad and earns 1 Ballad Point, plus 1 Ballad Point per successful Raise. On a failure, the character makes a mistake or otherwise ruins the verse and loses 1 Ballad Point per Called Raise.

If the character fails this roll, the subject of their song also gains +.1 Infamy for every failed Raise the character made. If the subject was recently involved in a scandalous rumor with the character (regardless of its veracity), both characters also lose Honor as if they had committed a Minor Breach of Etiquette.

Scoring: The character(s) who earns the most Ballad Points earn 3 Courtship Points, the character(s) who earn the second-most Ballad Points will earn 2 Courtship Points, and the character(s) who earn the third-most Ballad Points will earn 1 Courtship Point.

Any character who scores negative Ballad Points (-1 or below) so thoroughly embarrasses themselves that, if they end up married to the subject of their song, neither they nor their fiance can gain the Blissful Betrothal advantage.
Mindshred

Re: MOTO 1: Power Ballads (D7, EA & LA)

Postby Ide Amaya on Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:55 am

Earlier that morning, a heimin had delivered the kimono she had arranged to borrow, the mons of the kimono's owner have been covered, and those of the Unicorn and Ide attached in their place. And it was in this kimono that she arrived at the event.

Emboldened by all that occurred over the last two days, there was no hesitation in her heart at the thought of publicly declaring her love for Hideo. The Fortunes themselves surely saw that she had True Love on her side. In her hands she bore a green fan, upon it the seppun mon.

She closes her eyes, and opens her heart, and lets the emotions move through her like water. She knows the words aren't as important as the feeling behind them, so perhaps they aren't as elegant as those of a poet. Finally, she has fixed in her mind what she wishes to sing, and she begins.

Found a place so strange
    Been looking for it all my life
    Didn't know what I was waiting for

Told me I was home
    But every face here was a danger
    Thought that I would run, that I would hide

Then you were so kind
    And soothed my fears with gentle words
    You gave me a safe place to belong

The song continues for many more verses before she is finally done, drained and sore of throat. She blinks and seems to become aware again of the eyes on her. A blush lightly colours her cheeks and she bows before leaving the field.

---

Compose a Ballad: 20 Success! +1pts
Begin Performance: 53 Success! +3pts
Powerful Finish: 42 Success! +3pts

Total: 7 Ballad Points
• Unicorn Courtier • [Profile - Updated 4/29]
• Small • Gullible • Voice • Inner Gift (Animal Ken) • Love Actuary •
• Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 5 •
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Image Tokma - a Gaijin riding horse
Ide Amaya

Postby Usagi Tsukimi on Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:32 am

She was no singer, Tsukimi was a dancer, and thusfar her ability had not been tested or seen, save for after the funeral, but she'd hardly call that dancing, what she did. She was moved by grief and nothing more.

She had heard the rumours.

Tsukimi had woken with a cloud over her head, and hearing talking that ...someone she cared for, cared for someone else... well that was to be expected, wasn't it? He had met her when she was sick, and probably did not want a wife who was allergic to his peoples cuisine, despite his telling her differently. Men say things to attract women, they're not always necessarily true.

So Tsukimi sung a song of lost travels, or seeing that sights alone instead of with the one your heart wanted, or traversing the Empire brokenheartened and emptyhanded. It was a sad song but there was hope in her lyrics that all was not lost. That somewhere along the travels she would find her intended, and against the odds they would be together. That she would come back to Shinjo Monkbahtaar, and together they would see the ocean.

Perform:Song/Intell TN 15 Void 1k1: 3d10k3+1 19 = 1 Ballad pt
Roll 1: Perform:Song/Awareness TN 15 Void 1k1: 4d10k4+1 28 = 1 Ballad pt
Roll 2: Perform:Song/Awareness TN 15: 3d10k3+1 23 = 1 Ballad pt
= 3 Ballad pts
Bushi | Wary | Dancer | Tailor
Status 1.0 - Glory 1.0 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Infamy: 1.0 | Courtship: -1 | Profile

Equipment: Ashigaru armor, smoking pipe, sake cup
Accompanied by: Nagareboshi-san, a young sheep (D9)
Usagi Tsukimi

Postby Doji Fukawa on Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:49 pm

Fukawa was as first thrilled that she'd get a chance to showcase her singing talents....and then the Moto explained the format. You'd have to blatantly name who you were singing about?!? You'd have to sing for how long and loud?!? She almost stormed out.....but her pride as a Crane forced her to compete.

Going out to: Shinjo Akil

I walk alone
Small steps going nowhere
Benten looks across the plains
And let's out a long sigh

Hoofbeats drumming like our heartbeats
My destiny racing towards me
I see the wind whip through his hair
I see him come to claim me

Purple-clad arms reach to embrace me
Notes from his flute hang upon the wind
I know that I will be his
And he will be mine

Across the plains
Across the plains....

At the end of the performance Fukawa is left beet red, and nearly panting for breath and makes her exit before some very impressed Moto judges.

Target Shinjo Akil: Bonus +4 to rolls (3 glory, 1 status)

Every rose roll, 1 Raise called, 22 vs. TN 20 Pass

2 Every Night rolls, 3 Raises called on each, 58 & 60 vs. TN 30 Pass

10 Ballad Points!
Crane Clane * Courtier * Pretty *Perfumed *Prized *Petite* Perfect Pitch

Glory: 1.0 Honor: Exceptional Status: 1.0 CP: 13

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Kitsune Kumahime on Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:27 pm

At the announcement of the event, Kumahime goes white. When they gathered at the dueling hall, she was hopeful. Even if it wasn't hand-to-hand, perhaps it would at least be combat-related. But this? This is not fighting!

Seeing the horror in the other attendants' eyes, she decides to go early and get it over with, hopefully burying this under equally humiliating performances. But first... who to pick?

The giant Moto, al-Kalb sticks out. He is the biggest, and the strongest, and she hears he likes animals.

As to what to sing... she draws a big blank, tries to start strong to compensate, botches it, and ends up mumbling her way through an overly long and exhausting performance for all involved.

((This one goes out to Moto al-Kalb. +2 to everything.
Singing/Intelligence, Untrained, TN15: 2d10 7, makes 9. Fail.
Singing/Awareness, VP for skill, 2R, TN25: 3d10o10k2 12, makes 14. Cataclysmic failure. -2 points.
Singing/Awareness, untrained, TN15: 2d10 13, makes 15. Pass. +1 point.
Singing/Awareness, untrained, TN15: 2d10 9, makes 11. Fail.
Score: -1 point, with 2 failed raises.
Fox Clan • Bushi • Large • Gullible • Student of the Proud Bear • Amateur Veterinarian • One Eye
Status 1.0 • Glory 1.0 • Honor 3.5 • Courtship 0
Carries: Daisho, tanto, medicine kit
Kitsune Kumahime

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:37 pm

This was a horrible idea. Kemuri knew he could not sing. His attempt to would embarrass any of the women he had interest in. There was one though, who at least seemed to like the attention. So, he focused on her. Thinking of her, her eyes came first to mind, peering at him over her fan. That reminded him of an old song his father used to sing. How did it go?

This one goes out to Miya Mei.

Love I get so lost, sometimes
Days pass and this emptiness fills my heart
When I want to run away
I ride off on my horse
But whichever way I go
I come back to the place you are

All my instincts, they return
And the grand facade, so soon will burn
Without a noise, without my pride
I reach out from the inside

In your eyes
The light the heat
In your eyes
I am complete
In your eyes
I see the doorway to a thousand temples
In your eyes
The resolution of all the fruitless searches
In your eyes
I see the light and the heat
In your eyes
Oh, I want to be that complete
I want to touch the light
The heat I see in your eyes

The first half was a painful combination of off-key screeches and unintelligible mumbling. This would be so much easier if he could just hold Butaj over his head and have him sing it.

Love, I don't like to see so much pain
So much wasted and this moment keeps slipping away
I get so tired of working so hard for our survival
I look to the time with you to keep me awake and alive

And all my instincts, they return
And the grand facade, so soon will burn
Without a noise, without my pride
I reach out from the inside

In your eyes
The light the heat
In your eyes
I am complete
In your eyes
I see the doorway to a thousand temples
In your eyes
The resolution of all the fruitless searches
In your eyes
I see the light and the heat
In your eyes
Oh, I want to be that complete
I want to touch the light,
The heat I see in your eyes
In your eyes, in your eyes

As the song reached its merciful end, it actually improved. The Marta found the melody and conveyed a measure of the passion behind the words. It was by no means a good performance, but it could have gone far worse.

Every Rose: Pass
Every Night 1: Fail
Every Night 2: Pass

2 Points
Unicorn Clan Marta Family Bushi Hunter Explorer Storyteller Completely Honest Rides Sarangerel
Honor: Expected • Status: .5 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 4

Carries: Water, Knife, Sake Cup, Chopsticks, Dice
As Appropriate: Daisho, Light Armor, Daikyu, Quiver, Lantern, Cloak, Hat
Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Moto Baatar on Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:57 pm

Moto Baatar stepped boldly into the center of the field. He knew he had offended her on their earlier meeting, and this... this would be a way to proclaim his love, get past that initial awkwardness, and hope that she could truly understand how he felt.

The young Unicorn wasn't much of a songwriter, and so his verses were--to be charitable--somewhat repetitive. But he would not stop that from pouring his emotion into the ballad. The power of his voice rose over the crowd.

The artist formerly known as Baatar wrote:I never meant to cause you any sorrow
I never meant to cause you any pains
I only wanted a star on the path to Heaven
I only wanted to see you
On a horse with purple reins!

Purple reins, purple reins
I only wanted to see you
On a horse with purple reins!

--
This one goes out to Bayushi Hotaru!
Every Rose with no raises, Artisan: Poetry 13 missed TN15, failed with no penalty
Every Night with 1 raise, Perform: Song 46 (!) hits TN20, passed for 2 points
Every Night (second verse) with 1 raise, Perform 30 hits TN20, passed for 2 points
Should've called more raises!

4 Ballad Points
Unicorn Clan • Samurai • Gaijin Name • Failure of Courtesy
Honor: Untrustworthy • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 4
carries: scimitar, wakizashi, shochu, puppy. when appropriate: Unicorn horse, riding armor
Moto Baatar

Postby Ide Samai on Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:00 pm

Samai's mind was still reeling from the event of the night, both the words of their 'guest' and the actions of her kinswoman. Truthfully, she only had half a mind around where she is.

Blinking once, she heard the words of the competition. Blinking twice, she absorbed them. By the fifth blink, the panic settled into a famliar corner of her heart, briefly. Well, this was going to be easy. And difficult. And simple. And complex.

The subject of her was simple. While she met a few people, no one like him. His hands. His lips. His pose on a horse. Oh how well he looked on Scirocco.

Organizing her thoughts was an abysmal failure. Putting words to her feelings was impossible... what rhymes with sickening sweetness of solitude with you? So, she decided to simplify. What did he like again? Ah yes. That... should do. Oh, this needs to be long... not just two lines. Suddenly, inspiration came from one of the Moto judges standing to the side. She recalled a traveling rhyme that the Moto would sing on their journeys. It was to pass the time.

She took a deep breath, and started.

"99 bottles of sake on the wall, 99 bottles of sake.
Take one down and pass it around, 98 bottles of sake on the wall.

98 bottles of sake on the wall, 98 bottles of sake.
Take one down and pass it around, 97 bottles of sake on the wall."

And on it went. The judges were bit a confused at first. Then bored. There was little variation, even if the singing itself wasn't worthy of clawing your ears out. Still, they listened out of respect. For a while.

"Ide-san, they are other participa-" tried one of the poor judges.

34 bottles of sake on the wall, 34 bottles of sake.
Take one down and pass it around, 33 bottles of sake on the wall."

His advice was sooned drowned in sake. Bottles.

"13 bottles of sake on the wall, 13 bottles of sake.
Take one down and pass it around, 12 bottles of sake on the wall.

14 bottles of sake on the wall, 14 bottles of sake.
Take one down and pass it around, 13 bottles of sake on the wall."

A slow panic started among those who weren't fondly recalling the singing of the fox. Thankfully, the course soon corrected itself, and for a while, the 12 bottles of sake were drowned in a collective sigh.

"No more bottles of sake on the wall, no more bottles of sake.
Go to the... stall?

THANK you Ide-san, please take a seat now. Now. There. Right now. Thankyou." Still unsure and a bit wobbly from fatigue, Samai bowed and left the stage.

------------------------------------------------

OOC:
This Song Goes Out To: Yasuki Tomonaga, +3 points
Every Rose Has Its Thorn: Failure 0 Ballad Points, 0 Infamy
Every Night Has It's Dawn: 2 Ballad points

#EpicFail?
Unicorn Emissary * Gaijin Rose * Storyteller
Honor: What is expected * Status: 2.0 * Glory: 0.0 * Courtship: 2
Carries: Wakizashi, Fan, perfume (rose), coin purse
Ide Samai

Postby Miya Mei on Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:07 pm

Mei watched as Kemuri sang to about and to her. She trembled a little and when it came time for her to sing, she had a vast amount of scrolls strewn about with crossed out writings. In a hurry, she finished the last one and took the center of the field to sing her ballad.

"Samurai of the Empire, this song belongs to one man. And his name is Shinjo Kemuri, who carries my fan."

She clears her throat and begins to sing slowly, high, long pitches that blend together well.

"Ooh I got a new one for ya
I like the way that sounds
I'm 'bout to do it for ya
I like to break it down
This joint has got me open
Ooh that's my favorite song
I put my thang in motion
I do it all night long
Ooh I got a new one for ya
I like to break it down
I put my thang in motion
I do it all night long"

She takes a deep breath and begins to sing much faster for the second half, stumbling over her own speed at times and jumbling the words together.

"Do it, do it, do it
Ohh here I go again
(i gotta hit em with a)
Do it, do it, do it
Do it, do it, do it
Do it (again)

I like to break it down
I put my thang in motion
I do it all night long
I like to break it down
I put my thang in motion
I do it all night long

I've been working hard and now the weekend is here
(give it your best shot
Show me what you got)
It's time to light one put it in the atmosphere
(give it your best shot
Show me what you got)
I got that lightning feeling from my head to my toes
(give it your best shot
Show me what you got)
So tonight I'm really gonna let myself go
(show me what you got)

I like to break it down
I put my thang in motion
I do it all night long
I like to break it down
I put my thang in motion
I do it all night long"

The entire time she sings, she gives a very...unique...dance to the piece that people would talk about in the future as...provocative...if anything.

----Rolls----
[D7 Afternoons] This One Goes Out To...Shinjo Kemuri! + Void for 1k1 TN 15: 3d10 8 +0
[D7 Afternoons] Every Night Has It's Dawn + Void for 1k1 TN 15: 4d10 26 +1
[D7 Afternoons] Every Night Has It's Dawn pt2 + Void for 1k1, TN 15: 4d10 11 +0
[D7 Afternoons] Fluffy Dance: 2d10 15

Total: +1 point, no negative effects!
Imperial | Duelist | Kakita Trained | Unmarriable
Honor: Exceptional | Glory: 1.0 |Infamy 1.0 | Status 1.5 | CP: -2

Description

Wielder of an elegantly decorated katana, Meng. D8+ carries Shinjo Kemuri's Fan
Miya Mei

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:32 pm

Yue stepped onto the field and believed that she was mighty clever. She was going to speak of a great beauty behind a mask. The biggest flaw in her plan was that she would mention the beautiful white hair and the Yogo Curse in her lyrics. Even worse, her verses were not romantic but rather full of angst about the situation.

As a sort of smooth recovery, she decided to play it safer with her singing. She delivered each line without much problem. However, by the end of it, her cheeks were so flushed that she had to hide behind her fan.

---

This One Goes Out To...: Yogo Mizuki
Every Rose Has Its Thorns: 19 Failure (+0.2 Infamy)
Every Night Has Its Dawn:
  • 27 Success!
  • 17 Success!
  • 20 Success!
Total: 1 Ballad Point
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Matsu Yurio on Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:51 pm

Singing . . . he'd have preferred dancing. Oh well, despite no training whatsoever he just knew he could make the perfect ballad and sing it to perfection. Of course he could, KITTEH COULD DO ANYTHING!!!!!

Who to sing to though? Yukarin, Liu Yue, Amaya, Batul and Liu Fei were quickly discounted. Mainly because he had no idea who they were. Kitakuhime had given him sake at the funeral . . . hardly a reason for this. Samai hadn't turned up for kemari and made Yurio an angry kitteh so she was out. Imane . . . well he liked her but she was far too important for him. Khulun was kinda too like a Matsu momma for him. He could get that kind of treatment at home without having to marry anyone. That left Saksaha. The Iuchi who actually talked plain to him and had a fluffy goat and, as far as he knew, didn't hate him or his cat. Saksaha it would be!!!!

Composition was difficult. All art was suffering. He'd heard a Crane say that once before his second eldest sister had punched him in the face. Yurio had been laughing too much to make out what the Crane had said through broken teeth afterwards. Remembering that conversation helped Yurio not one little bit in composing his ballad. Then he remembered a few songs he used to sing in the bath! Yessssss, they were perfect. They were a bit childish and about cats to be honest, but perfect!!!!

Now to perform. Panthera leo matsu militarus-minimus of such things! Kitteh stood up proudly and absolutely butchered his first verse so badly it would have been better to have had an actual cat sing it. He didn't help matters by mixing up two lines and alluding to Saksaha and her goat doing something they shouldn't.

Gah, noooooo, must do better!!!

And better he got. In fact the second verse was actually well sung. Very well sung, as the Kitteh found his muse and proved after all, that . . . KITTEH CAN DO ANYTHING!!!!!

/ooc

This One Goes Out To . . . = Iuchi Saksaha, +1 bonus to all rolls.

Every Rose Has Its Thorn = unskilled, TN 15, Acting/Intelligence picked randomly = 8 (with +1), 0 points, 0 bad effects.
Every Night Has Its Dawn #1 = VP for skill, 2 CR, TN 25 = 22, -2 points, 0.2 Infamy.
Every Night Has Its Dawn #2 = VP for skill, 2 CR, TN 25 = 42, +3 points, 0 bad effects.

End Totals = 1 Point, +0.2 Infamy for Iuchi Saksaha.
Lion Clan * Bushi * Scout * Small * Daring * KITTEH *
Soon to be Purple KITTEH Doggeh Trainer

Glory 1.0 * Status 1.0 * Honour Exceptional * Courtship 3!

Carries: Daisho, fan, sake cup.
When permitted: No-dachi, light armour.
Sometimes accompanied by: Neko

Panthera leo matsu militarus-minimus
Matsu Yurio

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:21 pm

Dong-Ha strode to the arena, confident that he was following the will of Heavens. After all, the master-medium Hotaru had told him to seize the moment or lose his chance. Certain that he could write an acceptable work, the young Iuchi set to work and while things did not end rhyming perfectly, he was rather proud of his achievement, and hoped that Tomoe would at least grant him a smile for his efforts. To make sure that the Fortunes favored hi, Dong-Ha made a point to caress his stones as he sung, tapping into their invigorating energies.

She's got a smile that it seems to me
Reminds me of pleasant memories
When everything
Was as fine and alright

Now and then when I see her face
She takes me away to that special place
And if I stared too long
I'd probably forget to breath

Woh..oh.. oh.. oh Sweet girl o' mine
Woh..oh.. oh.. oh Sweet Hare of mine

She's got eyes of pure iolite
I love to watch them shine
And she's so kind and oh so bright
I'd want to keep her mine

Her hair reminds me of a warm safe place
Where as a child I'd hide
And wait for the thunder and the rain
To quietly pass me by

He got almost all the way to the end before running out of breath, hoping that the judges wouldn't notice.

They did, of course.

Rolls here
3 points
Unicorn Clan • Mystic
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.3 • Courtship: 2

"Power is what you think it is."
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Gaijin riding horse: Poppy
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:02 pm

Kitakuhime watches Liu Yue performance holding her chest. She scans the audience, noticing several frowns and popping fans.

I can't let this happen. This is conflicting and dangerous.

The Otaku princess frowns deeply, finding within the path of honor the righteous action. Once in the middle of the stage, Kitakuhime looks up to the skies for inspiration, then closes her eyes.

I'll always protect Shinjo, Otaku-shiryo. I'll sing for her.

She starts to sing an old, ancient song she knew by heart. That all Otaku would remind themselves about. She gags at first, but finds the strength to continue in the purity of her soul.

Look at me
You may think you see
Who I really am
But you'll never know me
Every day
It's as if I play a part
Now I see
If I wear a mask
I can fool the world
But I cannot fool my heart

Who is that girl I see
Staring straight back at me?
When will my reflection show
Who I am inside?

I am now
In a world where I
Have to hide my heart
And what I believe in
But somehow
I will show the world
What's inside my heart
And be loved for who I am

Who is that girl I see
Staring straight back at me?
Why is my reflection
Someone I don't know?
Must I pretend that I'm
Someone else for all time?
Who I am inside?

There's a heart that must be
Free to fly
That burns with a need to know
The reason why

Why must we all conceal
What we think, how we feel?
Must there be a secret me
I'm forced to hide?
I won't pretend that I'm
Someone else for all time
Who I am inside?
Who I am inside?

She dedicates it to Tonbo Misa, bowing to Dragon first and then offers Shinjo her gratitude, bowing to Liu Yue.

--
This One Goes Out To...: Tonbo Misa (+5 to rolls)
Every Rose Has Its Thorn: TN 20 (15 + 1 Raise) = 36 - Success +2 Ballad
Every Night Has Its Dawn: TN 20 (15 + 1 Raise) = 13 - Failure -1 Ballad +.1 Infamy to Misa T_T
Every Night Has Its Dawn II: TN 15 = 37 - Success +1 Ballad
Every Night Has Its Dawn III: TN 20 (15 + 1 Raise) = 20 - Success +2 Ballad
Total: 4 Ballad Points; Tonbo Misa gains 0.1 Infamy
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme
Carried by: Gekko (Otaku Battle Steed, where appropriate)

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Shiba Kaizen on Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:10 pm

Shiba Kaizen stepped up in an attempt to leave a mark on this competition. He wasn't exactly sure how to go about that though. It was music, but he was no singer. Still his lyrics dedicated to Otaku Imane were good enough at least he thought so. He started off his performance playing his samisen as he had figured it would help calm his nerves doing something familiar mixed with a new experience after all it was music.

The judges looked at him oddly apparently this was meant to be The Voice, not Rokugan's Got Talent. Still they let him proceed graciously. So he sang in honor of the beautiful Otaku Imane:

"Reflections of the joys of life.
The Maidens of Battle for Honor charge.
A Shiotome does not linger in strife.
This maiden's love of music and dance.
While the suitors seek to win her as wife.

Shiotome deftly dance as romantic battles wage.
Flank them to surprise in thunderous charge.
Strike as Lady Shinjo and pierce hearts of modern age.
Benten's touch cloaked in Honor's brilliant steel.
Of the men entrapped of heart for you to gauge.

Otaku lady bushi of horse.
Your soul steeled by honorable force.
Allow it to chart romance's course.
Your ancestors' guidance is your wisdom's source."

He finished and bowed though something had apparently gone wrong. Unknown to Kaizen his voice was barely audible above his samisen. Leaving his lyrics to much speculation by the bewildered judges. His face reddening slightly he moved to join those who had competed so far in the spectators' area.

-----------------------------------------------------
Raw Int Roll with vp for lyrics about Otaku Imane 18 1 point
Singing with VP for skill 1 called raise TN20 19 -1 points
Perform Samisen because it is my thing or a thing... something 15

Result: 0 point Otaku Imane (apologies) +.1 infamy, no loss of honor, corrected to zero points so blissful betrothal possible, still unlikely potentially angry Otaku...
Phoenix Clan * Yojimbo * Previous Year Topaz Competitor of Renown * Crane are not Fans of.. * Short
Glory: 2.0 * Status: 1.0 * Honor: What is Expected * Courtship Points: 5
Carries: daisho, fan, samisen, and wears decent quality clothing with a haori and hakama
Shiba Kaizen

Postby Seppun Hideo on Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:47 pm

Hideo had always intended to sing. He may be an Imperial, but this was an event that was arranged for the Miai. He always knew his intended target.

Then he heard Amaya sing, and his heart jumped. She was so perfect, and he truly did love her.

So when it was his turn, he stepped forward and sung a song to his perfect storm, his Amaya. Her fan clearly on display in his hand. However, lost in the moment, he makes an error at the end that causes a slight blush, and after bowing he makes his way into the crowds.

(ooc: rolls
D7 Ballad Event (EA&LA) - writing a song for Amaya. Song/Int TN15 +1 to roll because Amaya: 3d10+1 16 1 point
D7 Ballad Event (EA&LA) - Singing a song for Amaya Roll 1. Song/aw TN15. +1 to roll because Amaya: 3d10+1 21 1 point
D7 Ballad Event (EA&LA) - Singing a song for Amaya Roll 2. VP for skill. +1 to roll because Amaya. Song/aw TN15+1 raise (Tn20): 4d10o10k3+1 24 2 points
D7 Ballad Event (EA&LA) - Singing a song for Amaya Roll 3. VP for skill. +1 to roll because Amaya. Song/aw TN15+1 raise (Tn20): 4d10o10k3+1 19 (screw you orokos!) -1 point

(Amaya gets .1 infamy, both lose honour for minor breach of etiquette
3 event points)
Imperial * Shugenja * Scholarly * Description
Courtiship Points: 7
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Next

Return to The Dueling Fields