[D6 LM] Open spaces

Re: [D6 LM] Open spaces

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:50 pm

He chuckled, "What should I imagine a Moto hunter to be?"
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Honor: Untrustworthy - Glory: 1.0 - Status: 1.0 - Courtship Points: 5
Carries: Daisho, Parangu, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Naga-shaped Netsuke
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:12 am

"Well." She crosses her arms and studies the sky for a few beats as she speaks. "A powerful person, physically. Most are not great talkers, except for telling tales after dark by the fire. Devout, but not pious, most of them. You would say, barbaric-looking, maybe, for most hunters wear the trophies of their best kills at festivals like this one." Her tone is possibly just a shade defensive, right there.

"Many Moto have quick tempers, but others are slow to anger and slow to forgive. My father is more of this second kind."
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description
"I'm not good, I'm not nice, I'm just right/I'm the Witch/You're the world."

Speaks Mekhem (with an Ujik-hai accent) and Rokugani.
On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:17 am

He nodded, "I see. I can begin to draw a picture."

Seems like there's something there...

"So are you slotted to be a family leader like your grandmother one day?" He asked.
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:40 am

She shrugs and says a little too lightly, "Not if I should marry out. This seems likely."

Then, turning her head to look at Yuuru as they walk, she asks, "What about you, Soshi-san? Will you wander the Shinomen all your life? Or have you other plans?"
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description

On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:43 am

He chuckled and shook his head, "No, I'm afraid not. As much as I enjoy it, it is a stepping stone for future advancement more than anything else. There's a major bandit organization that is based out of the Shinomen. My dealings with them will help prove to my superiors that I can deal with lawless types like them, and possibly lead to greater postings in the future. I would love to be a magistrate in my clan some day, much like my father."
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:19 pm

"Oh." Saksaha nods. "So your father is a magistrate. I think you mentioned only your mother before."

Her open, curious look invites him to fill in this family outline with further details, though she doesn't press for specific answers, preferring to see what he'll say--or if he'll instead strike off to another topic.

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:25 pm

He nods, "He is indeed. And he's a man I look up to; I enjoy following in his footsteps."

He smiles, "My father was born without the gift in a family which tended to produce quite a number of gifted individuals over the years. He worked hard through some of the toughest bits of the Empire's history and earned a spot now as a magistrate in Ryoko Owari. Much of who I am is a result of the teaching and care he showed to me as a child."
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:09 am

"Ryoko Owari. I think I have heard this name, but I do not remember where it is," she confesses with a touch of embarrassment. "Is it an important place?"

In passing, she snaps off the bloom of a tall, spiky purple wildflower, holding it up to see it more closely, brows drawing down a bit. It looks sort of like others she's seen, but she can't quite place it.

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:36 am

He nodded as he looked at the flower she had plucked in her hand, "It is one of the economic and social gems of western Rokugan."
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:13 pm

"Ah." She nods vaguely, only slightly more informed than before. At least now she knows it is important, and roughly which bit of the map to place it in.

After a few more steps, she waves the purple flower gently and asks, "Do you know what this is properly called? It looks like the one named zufa west of the Sands, but the scent is not the same."

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:53 pm

He shook his head as he looked down at the flower, "I can't say I do. I'm not all that familiar with the plant life here."

He smiled, "There are some beautiful gardens in Ryoko Owari though. I'll have to take you on a tour some day if that is our path. Almost anything you could imagine can be found there. It's a city of amazing things... both good and bad."

He chuckled.
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:42 pm

Saksaha sniffs at the flower again, shrugs, and carefully tucks it into her belt pouch. "I thought maybe a scout would know such things. But then we are far from your forest."

She looks Yuuru in the face and then glances away across the field again. "If that is our path?" she asks, perhaps too-lightly again.

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:20 pm

"If we end up connected at the end of this miai." He replied straightly.

"I must say I wouldn't be opposed to the idea if that is how it played out."
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:05 pm

"Hm." She nods. I don't know him very well. But from what he tells of his family, at the least it would not end in disaster. And yet... "I thought this maybe could work, also. But then the camp talk says otherwise here and there, so now I am surprised, a little."

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:27 pm

He chuckled, "Camp talk, neh?"

He smiled, "I find that interrogating the source is always a better way at getting a grasp of the truth than any other."

He looked at her with an open and warm expression, "I'm here to find a woman that would be a great partner and spouse for me and whichever family we'd end up in. There's nothing else on my mind. Though I do look forward to one day romancing the woman I marry... So personally, I'd be welcome to an arrangement with someone like you."

He smiled again, "But if you have any concerns, don't hesitate to ask. I'm an open man, I promise I won't feel slighted."
Description
Soshi Yuuru

PreviousNext

Return to Archery Field