Parlay With Darkness (Day 6, Late Night)

Re: Parlay With Darkness (Day 6, Late Night)

Postby Kiyoshi on Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:15 pm

Kiyoshi regards the Moshi with vague amusement. "Perhaps I should have simply addressed the entire village. They all seem to be hurrying to meet with me, regardless..."

He turns back to Khulun. "Suffice it to say that I achieved my position by defeating all others who had a claim to it, in a manner similar to the Empire's Jade and Emerald Champions."
Shadowlands • Champion • Shugenja • Onyx Champion • Voice

Honor: Honorless Dog
Infamy: 4.5
Kiyoshi

Postby Moto Khulun on Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:21 pm

She nods and says, "I see."

She urges her mount forward and says, "You are our enemy but you have acted as worthy rival. I will carry your request."

She stops close enough to offer her hand, "It is Unicorn custom to end such talks with a symbol of trust, a handshake."

She waits to see his response.
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:36 pm

Hotaru was rather surprised when the Moshi spoke up, which she could offer some measure of respect, even though she absolutely disagreed with everything she said about the bushido and the like. It was not simply enough to honour courtesy with hearing out your enemy, but perhaps the Moshi should consider offering the dark rider snacks and tea for his visit too?

She narrowed her eyes on the extended hand from the Moto, offered to the dark rider. With Samai's obvious wrath, she would be surprised if the Ide didn't chop the arm off before the connection could be made.
Scorpion Clan • Shrine Maiden • Diviner • Dangerously Cute • Slightly Short
Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Honour: Untrustworthy • Courtship Points: 9

Description, Artist Details in Description
Personal Effects: Wakizashi (where appropriate), scroll satchel, fan, jade charm, mask, fortune sticks, kawaru coins

Mamoru, Protector of Shrines
Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Kiyoshi on Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:56 pm

Kiyoshi regards the extended hand with concealed confusion. After a moment, he looks back to Khulun. "In the interest of this agreement, allow me to share with you a scrap of knowledge that your fellow samurai have not. Physical contact with those who carry the blessings of Jigoku tends to transmit that contact, be it the claws of an oni, the bite of a goblin, or even a simple touch of the hand."

Kiyoshi

Postby Moto Khulun on Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:00 pm

She nods and lowers her hand and says, “You did not have to say anything.”

“Do not linger Onyx Champion.”

Khulun turns her mount and rides off at a gallop and a powerful ululation past her allies into the darkness, she had learned much from what was and was not said.

/exit
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Ide Samai on Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:43 am

With the Moto finally leaving, Samai let out a breath that was caged in her lung for a long, long time.

It was quite obvious really.

Her eyes settled on the Onyx Champion... despite the dread aura, he was courteous... and they did need to learn more.... but it wasn't their stead. They knew nothing, not nearly enough to be confident in their dealings. If anyone can be confident.

"Kiyoshi-sama." She bowed to him, and ushered the others.
Unicorn Emissary * Gaijin Rose * Storyteller
Honor: What is expected * Status: 2.0 * Glory: 0.0 * Courtship: 2
Carries: Wakizashi, Fan, perfume (rose), coin purse
Ide Samai

Postby Moshi Asakiko on Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:06 am

There are other forces in play that you don't understand Unicorn san. I would have explaind but now I see that I was wrong to be open-minded to recieving your clan. The Moshi lower her stance yet instead of looking down she looked up. The little woman started calculating the possibilities in the stars.

---
Divination astrology (LN): 6d10o10k3 23
☆Centipede Clan ☆Shugenja ☆Small (4'8") ☆Peaceful ☆Kind of famous for divination

Honor: What it is expected. Glory: 2 Status: 1 CP: 1
Moshi Asakiko

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:33 pm

"At last," Saksaha mutters, sounding disgusted.

She wheels Gio and trots over to the little Moshi, offering her a hand up behind Saksaha on the horse if she wants it. Otherwise the girl will have a long walk back on short legs, after all.

((Asakiko, here is your ride back if you want it. If you prefer to storm off, that's also your prerogative. :) Sorry, Hotaru, but as far as I know Saksaha doesn't know you're here and so can't even offer...))
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description
"I'm not good, I'm not nice, I'm just right/I'm the Witch/You're the world."

Speaks Mekhem (with an Ujik-hai accent) and Rokugani.
On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Kiyoshi on Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:04 pm

The Onyx Champion watches as the Unicorn leave, then casts a glance toward the Moshi in front of him. After a moment, he wheels his horse around and, spectral entourage in tow, begins traveling away from the village.

/exit

Kiyoshi

Postby Moshi Asakiko on Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:24 pm

The little nodded as she got the answer she was looking for. She took the Iuchi's hand to be helped up the horse. She whisper something to the woman in front of her.
☆Centipede Clan ☆Shugenja ☆Small (4'8") ☆Peaceful ☆Kind of famous for divination

Honor: What it is expected. Glory: 2 Status: 1 CP: 1
Moshi Asakiko

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:47 pm

Moshi Asakiko wrote:The little nodded as she got the answer she was looking for. She took the Iuchi's hand to be helped up the horse. She whisper something to the woman in front of her.

"Why doesn't this surprise me?" Saksaha shakes her head in frustration as she gathers up her reins. "We should speak much more of this, Moshi-san. Just... not out here. Now hold fast."

The fragile-looking passenger perched on the back of her saddle is all that keeps Saksaha from spurring Gio into a reckless canter through the darkness. Instead she restrains herself to a safer pace as she sets off back toward the village with the others.

/Angry!Iuchi exits unless stopped.
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description
"I'm not good, I'm not nice, I'm just right/I'm the Witch/You're the world."

Speaks Mekhem (with an Ujik-hai accent) and Rokugani.
On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:33 pm

Hotaru, unfortunately, couldn't make a dramatic exit with thunderous hooves but that perhaps suited the observing Scorpion better. She ducked back under the cover of tall field grass and waded her way back to the village, making the trek back on her own. Weary muscles and sore feet were ignored by the expediency of the matter.

/exit
Scorpion Clan • Shrine Maiden • Diviner • Dangerously Cute • Slightly Short
Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Honour: Untrustworthy • Courtship Points: 9

Description, Artist Details in Description
Personal Effects: Wakizashi (where appropriate), scroll satchel, fan, jade charm, mask, fortune sticks, kawaru coins

Mamoru, Protector of Shrines
Bayushi Hotaru

Previous

Return to The Western Fields