[D6, LM, Expecting] Horsie Lessons

Re: [D6, LM, Expecting] Horsie Lessons

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:36 pm

Yue stared at the man. Not very wordy, now is he? She then gestured to the horse. "Shall we begin, Hiroji-dono?"
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Kaiu Hiroji on Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:35 am

Hiroji nodded. "Yes, let us begin."
*Crab Clan *Rather Stoic *Large *Possibly has a drinking problem *Allergy to Milk based Products *Dragon-Slayer

Status: 1.0 - Honor: What is Expected - Glory: 3.0 - Courtship Points: 2

"..."

Carries with him: Sturdy Clothing, Walking Stick, Chopsticks, Small Mirror
Kaiu Hiroji

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:32 pm

The Shinjo perked her brow and looked at the horse, still unmounted.
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Kaiu Hiroji on Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:04 pm

After a moment of composing himself, Hiroji exhales and walks up to the horse, and somewhat hesitantly mounts the saddle. It takes a moment for him to get his bearings and secure himself on the saddle, but he succeeds none the less. "Alright... I have done it." He smiles nervously and looks at the horse.
*Crab Clan *Rather Stoic *Large *Possibly has a drinking problem *Allergy to Milk based Products *Dragon-Slayer

"..."

Kaiu Hiroji

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:11 pm

Yue smiled. "Good, Hiroji-dono. She is ready to walk when you are." The Shinjo turned aside and took a breath. Why is he so anxious about this? Wait, this was his first time mounting a horse, right? Hm...

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Kaiu Hiroji on Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:16 pm

Hiroji nods, his expression still somewhat uncertain. "So I just squeeze my legs together to make it go?"

"..."

Kaiu Hiroji

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:17 pm

"Hai. You squeeze your calves," she clarified. Yue took a step backwards to give them some space. Oh no, is he nervous because of his talk with Doji Fukawa? Not again...

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Kaiu Hiroji on Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:22 pm

"Right." He nods and squeezes his calves together as instructed. The horse starts at a leisurely trot. Hiroji tenses up for a moment but goes along with it. "Okay..."

"..."

Kaiu Hiroji

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:20 pm

"If you want her to go faster, give her a light tap with your heels." Yue walked alongside them and smiled at Hikazume. "She is a good steed. Other horses would complain about giving so many lessons."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Kaiu Hiroji on Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:49 pm

"Yes,she is a..." Hiroji hesitates for a moment. "A mighty steed."
He bites his lip. Come on Hiroji, talk! "Liu Yue-San, I..." He sighs. "I would like to know what you think of me."

"..."

Kaiu Hiroji

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:57 pm

Yue blinked and her horse let out a snort. She swallowed and then said, "You are an admirable warrior, Hiroji-dono. Together we were able to defeat a mighty beast." She scratched the back of her head. "I saw that people were right in saying that the Crab were known for heavy weapons."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Kaiu Hiroji on Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:03 pm

Hiroji is silent for a moment. "I do not mean battle. Although in that regard I... I am not sure I trust my skill as much as I used to... I failed to do my duty and Chi-Pu is..."
He shakes his head. "The is not what I meant. I know I am a man of few words, but..." He is silent for a moment again. "From the little we have spoken. What do you think of me, outside the battlefield?"

"..."

Kaiu Hiroji

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:13 pm

"You must have faith in your abilities," she added in. Yue turned away to hide her blush.

Again? Are you kidding me?!

She let out a sigh. "I enjoyed our conversation in the Administration Center. I am glad that you have interest in learning to ride a horse."

And now I sound like some distant... ugh...

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Kaiu Hiroji on Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:18 pm

Hiroji is silent for a long while, looking over the field. He finally speaks. "My father had a saying. 'Use your words like you would use a blade. Sparingly and with much consideration'" he pauses for a time. "I am afraid I used that blade wrongly. But what is done is done. All I ask is you respond in kind. With truth." He looks at Liu Yue. His expression blank, but you can see he is straining to keep the facade of normalcy up.

"..."

Kaiu Hiroji

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:27 pm

Yue went up and tugged on the reins to get Hikazume to follow her to a stop. She then looked up to Hiroji with a weak smile. With his father's words, she found it improper to be indirect any longer. "I think you would be a worthy husband if fate aligns for it. However, I cannot say that you are my first choice, Hiroji-dono."

I'm not even sure if Taira wants me anymore. But... that doesn't mean I've changed my opinion on the matter.

She gave him a deep bow and closed her eyes. "Gomennasai. If you were to choose me, I would not complain. However, I would not be the best wife for you. That is not because I aim to marry another."

The Shinjo swallowed. "I am unable to fully love my future husband as a wife should. I hope to find a partner instead of a lover at this miai."

Shinjo Liu Yue

PreviousNext

Return to Horsemanship Field