[D5 EE] Final Rites (OPEN)

Re: [D5 EE] Final Rites (OPEN)

Postby Moto Butaj on Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:42 pm

"Can it? In what ways?" Butaj is curious, and asks in good faith. There are many contradicting accounts on the Scorpion reaching his ears, he would like to have his own opinion. Both Soshi and Mizuki have definitely proved themselves to be decent people in the eyes of Butaj.
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:54 pm

"The Scorpion's duty is to protect the Emperor from hidden threats. Often times, these threats cannot be taken out by the usual means. Otherwise, one of the other Clans would do it. So, we learn to think in ways that other samurai don't. Some would call these ways dishonorable, but how can doing one's duty be dishonorable? But it's an easy slander since many samurai don't understand our reasoning."

Mizuki shakes her head. She did not mean to give Butaj a lecture on Scorpion beliefs. Not that she didn't want to, just that she was getting off subject. "On the plus side, I like to think it makes us more open than many to new things that may bring value to the Empire. We see what others don't. While often it's the bad, in the case of the Unicorn, I think it can be the good too." To emphasize the point, Mizuki drinks some more kumis.
Scorpion Merchant * Kuge * Blessed By Daikoku * Wealthy * Black Sheep

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Postby Matsu Kogo on Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:59 pm

Kogo, listening in on the conversation, smiles. "Yogo-san is right Moto-san. Having spent time with the Scorpion, as they are our allies, I have definitely found them to be appreciators of many facets of life. Even Akodo-no-kami acknowledged their ability to be unpredictable and flexible. " She sips her drink.
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Postby Moto Butaj on Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:06 pm

Butaj listens with keen interest. Having Mizuki's words supported by Kogo only reinforces his positive image, if not comprehension. He rubs his stubble. "It sounds like it is not easy to understand the Scorpion even by those who's lived with them long. We share being open to new things. Butaj wonders if the Unicorn can understand the Scorpion better because of it."
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Moto Butaj

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:43 pm

Matsu Kogo wrote:Kogo nods. "They are. The Matsu are also notable for requiring that men who marry into the family take the Matsu name and that women who stay within the family keep their own. Men who marry out lose their Matsu name. It is a long standing tradition, based on the stories of our ancestress."

"Sou desu ka. I remember hearing about a 'Lion's Pride.' I imagine it is similar to the Otaku shiotome. What is that unit comprised of?"

Her attention shifted to Mizuki and Butaj for a moment. She decided to down the rest of her sake and shake out any jealousy in her head. "The Scorpion are mysterious and yet loyal," was all the she had to add at the moment.
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Matsu Kogo on Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:02 pm

She smiles at the Unicorn, missing the play by play between Scorpion and Unicorn. "That is the foremost unit of the Lion Clan, formed only of female warriors. It comes from the tradition of the women who serve Lady Matsu and were her personal guard. To be a part of their ranks is an incredible honor.They specialize in removing enemy generals and leaders from the battlefield and fighting in impossible sitatuons." Kogo's eyes seem to light as she speaks of them. It is plain she admires these women and their bravery.

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:30 pm

I wonder if they're as beautiful as the shiotome.

"I see why one would admire them. I look to the Otaku and strive to follow their example." She let out a small giggle. "There were rumors about the dragon. People were saying that it was shiotome who did battle with the beast. Part of me was happy that I was confused for one."

She blinked and looked for the others who fought alongside her. "I am unsure why the others were mislabeled. They were not on horseback."
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Matsu Kogo on Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:14 pm

She looks at the Unicorn with more respect. "I did not know you had been one of those who did battle with the Orochi. You have carried yourself with honor. To survive such a battle is its own accomplishment." She looks down. "True. The Otaku remind me greatly of them. It is part of why I was...eager to spend more time Otaku Chi-pu. "

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:09 pm

Yue smiled faintly. "Hai. It was a hard-fought battle. I was nearly consumed by the monster." She let out a soft sigh. "I wish I had more time to spend with her too. I suppose that is why we are here today in mourning."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Matsu Kogo on Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:40 am

She nods to both statements. "You must have brought bravely and hard." She bows to Liu Yue. "There is truth in what you say. Regret is a swift bird and she flies through this gathering, taking a harvest."

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:59 am

Moto Butaj wrote:Butaj listens with keen interest. Having Mizuki's words supported by Kogo only reinforces his positive image, if not comprehension. He rubs his stubble. "It sounds like it is not easy to understand the Scorpion even by those who's lived with them long. We share being open to new things. Butaj wonders if the Unicorn can understand the Scorpion better because of it."

"Possibly." Mizuki considers the possibility if the Unicorn allow the Scorpion teach them the ways of the Empire. It could be a benefit to both Clans. "Our Clans could teach each other a lot."

Shinjo Liu Yue wrote:Her attention shifted to Mizuki and Butaj for a moment. She decided to down the rest of her sake and shake out any jealousy in her head. "The Scorpion are mysterious and yet loyal," was all the she had to add at the moment.

Mizuki merely nods at that comment.

Is... is she jealous? I promised a night. Nothing more.

You think a woman who announces her love after almost dying, before going to a healer... you think she is going to end her feelings after one night?

.......... I know. I'm sorry, Yue. I'm awful.

Mizuki dwells on her guilt and pretends she is listening until....

Shinjo Liu Yue wrote:Yue smiled faintly. "Hai. It was a hard-fought battle. I was nearly consumed by the monster." She let out a soft sigh. "I wish I had more time to spend with her too. I suppose that is why we are here today in mourning."

"All the more reason to spend time with those we care about." Mizuki takes a drink Sutiechi... I'm sorry.

She wasn't sure what to do about anything.
Scorpion Merchant * Kuge * Blessed By Daikoku * Wealthy * Black Sheep

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Postby Matsu Kogo on Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:18 am

Kogo listens to Mizuki's words with intent and nods at the final statement. "Death reminds us of the fleeting nature of life and the importance of not taking for granted any possibility. A samurai's destiny is always death, but they must ensure they live fully without fear." She knocks back the rest of her sake, as if it is a toast.

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:06 am

"Hai. We should spend time with those close to us." Yue closed her eyes and took a breath. Now is not the time to get sentimental with Mizuki. I will not disgrace both of us. She kept her sake cup close to her lips, her eyes moving between all present in her conversation. For the moment, it appeared that she was content with listening.

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Matsu Kogo on Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:05 am

Kogo nods and sips her sake, and searches for a new topic. "Are there any other particular ceremonies to honoring the dead among the Unicorn clan?"

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Moto Butaj on Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:20 am

"Butaj thinks much exchange will be had as the Scorpion have sent many eligible men and women. We will claim some and you will claim some. So all that it takes is for new families and old families to stay in touch?" The undertones of the situation go over his head. He just tries to be good company, refilling empty cups.

Moto Butaj

Previous

Return to The Dueling Fields