[D5 EE] Final Rites (OPEN)

Re: [D5 EE] Final Rites (OPEN)

Postby Miya Mei on Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:50 pm

"It is hard to say. As I said, he seems to not have the firey temper and absolute need to prove himself to everyone in his way. The war college of the Akodo also values many things other than just combat, the study of battle tactics and maneuvers being one such virtue. Perhaps with an open enough mind, Matsu-san would find strategy and enjoyment from the battleground a home and children can bring"
Imperial | Duelist | Kakita Trained | Unmarriable
Honor: Exceptional | Glory: 1.0 |Infamy 1.0 | Status 1.5 | CP: -2

Description

Wielder of an elegantly decorated katana, Meng. D8+ carries Shinjo Kemuri's Fan
Miya Mei

Postby Otaku Imane on Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:40 pm

"Challenges exist in many unexpected places Miya-san. Skills in battle strategies and tactics are highly valued by my family."

She thought about that for a few moments before returning her gaze to Mei.

"So why are you petitioning me on behalf of Matsu-san? Are you just a friend of the Lion Miya-san? Perhaps there is someone in my clan that you would like to be introduced to in return?"
Unicorn • Shiotome • Prodigy • Musical • Honest • Gaijin Name • Archer • Lancer • Singer
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0.1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question | Courtship Points: 9
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Flute, Light armour (where appropriate)
Carried by: Almatar (Otaku warhorse, where appropriate)
Otaku Imane

Postby Miya Mei on Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:55 pm

"It was a bit of a game, and a test. I only met him tonight. The goal being for him to sell me to a man, and me to sell him to a woman. In the Empire, courtiers play such games often, though with different topics."

She looks back at the Matsu

"I wonder how he is fairing? I suppose we shall find out soon enough. As far as a man I would like to meet? I have no oreference, but any suggestions and kind words would be appreciated"
Imperial | Duelist | Kakita Trained | Unmarriable
Honor: Exceptional | Glory: 1.0 |Infamy 1.0 | Status 1.5 | CP: -2

Description

Wielder of an elegantly decorated katana, Meng. D8+ carries Shinjo Kemuri's Fan
Miya Mei

Postby Otaku Imane on Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:32 am

The response that Mei received was probably not what she was expecting. Imane's face instantly hardened as if she had been slapped. "Sell him? And you would seek to be sold? This is not the sort of game that I or my people find amusing Miya-san." Her eyes were burning with restrained rage.

Imane bowed with precision from her saddle. "You will excuse me. I have further respects to pay." Almatar turned and swiftly carried her off into the throng of mounted Unicorn.
Unicorn • Shiotome • Prodigy • Musical • Honest • Gaijin Name • Archer • Lancer • Singer
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0.1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question | Courtship Points: 9
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Flute, Light armour (where appropriate)
Carried by: Almatar (Otaku warhorse, where appropriate)
Otaku Imane

Postby Moto Butaj on Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:12 am

Yogo Mizuki wrote:Mizuki drinks to the Chi-Pu. She finishes off the sake and passes the cup to a nearby servant. She drops her mask and continues drinking the kumis.

She greets the Lion, remembering her from dinner. Other than that, she's content to let the others speak.

As Liu Yue and Kogo speak, Butaj turns to Mizuki. Her unmasked face does not fail to draw his attention. He addresses her quietly. "Mizuki hasn't said if she felt inspired by the story."
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Postby Matsu Yurio on Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:07 pm

Yurio bowed to the Scorpion, not knowing her personally but the Scorps were allies so she must be good people, right?
Lion Clan * Bushi * Scout * Small * Daring * KITTEH *
Soon to be Purple KITTEH Doggeh Trainer

Glory 1.0 * Status 1.0 * Honour Exceptional * Courtship 3!

Carries: Daisho, fan, sake cup.
When permitted: No-dachi, light armour.
Sometimes accompanied by: Neko

Panthera leo matsu militarus-minimus
Matsu Yurio

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:37 pm

Matsu Kogo wrote:She paused, wanting to swallow the toast before responding. "I am finding it a great honor to be some of the first to meet the Unicorn clan and learn their customs and ways. I have found that there are moments of....misunderstanding but that with time and explanation, we will have a great deal to offer each other." She pauses. "I was honored to spend time with and get to know Otaku Chi-pu. She was one of the first Unicorn clan members I met and she impressed me greatly."

"I am glad that you are enjoying meeting my Clan. It has been wonderful to meet the various Clans of the Empire." Yue looked at Mizuki, unsure if she should drag the Yogo back into the conversation. "I heard that the Matsu are similar to the Otaku. Both Families appear to be matriarchal."
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Matsu Kogo on Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:38 pm

Kogo nods. "They are. The Matsu are also notable for requiring that men who marry into the family take the Matsu name and that women who stay within the family keep their own. Men who marry out lose their Matsu name. It is a long standing tradition, based on the stories of our ancestress."
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:50 pm

Mizuki followed along as her player forgot about this Thread (OOC: Sorry about that). "It was inspiring. Otaku-san had the heart of a samurai since she was young." Mizuki offers a toast to the fallen Unicorn and then takes a drink.

((OOC: Quick note because of poor phrasing on my part. When I said Mizuki dropped her mask, I meant she put it back on. It had been lifted on her head so she could both see and drink, dropping it when she had a hand free to lift it when she needed to. Sorry for any confusion.))
Scorpion Merchant * Kuge * Blessed By Daikoku * Wealthy * Black Sheep

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Postby Moto Butaj on Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:15 pm

As Mizuki's mask falls back and her conversational tactics seem on the conservative side, Butaj limits himself to smiles and diligent pouring until a new conversation opens up. He looks back how Khulun and Kitaku are faring.
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Moto Butaj

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:45 pm

Mizuki follows the Moto's gaze not realizing she would have a date with the woman the next day. Not one of the other women. She then turns to the conversation between Yue and Kogo. I'm not sure how, but I'm messing something up. "Butaj-san, I'm curious, how does sake compare to kumis to you?"

Seriously, Mizuki?

I just want him to stop looking at other women.

She's an Unicorn. She's not the threat. Besides, didn't you come here to support Yue?

She's talking to the Lion. And I still need to find a man who would marry me. I have to do both.

You're fucking everything up.

I know. I always do.

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Postby Moto Butaj on Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:56 pm

Unaware of her thoughts, Butaj returns attention to her and smiles with warm cluelessness that turns into thought once he absorbs the question. "Butaj likes many things for different moments. Kumis feels like a more casual drink compared to sake, easier to make and have during the day. Sake feels serious to Butaj, like during the funeral, a thing for the evening. Kumis is of course more sour and sakr more sweet... Butaj will need to give it further thought." He looks into his own cup of sake and drinks some to have a fresh sample. "And to Mizuki?"

Moto Butaj

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:27 pm

"This is my first time having kumis. It is different, but enjoyable. I haven't really had time to think about when the appropriate time to drink each would be. Though I can see where you are coming from."

Yogo Mizuki

Postby Moto Butaj on Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:32 pm

"Mizuki is receptive to our traditions. Butaj has no doubt it can endear her to many a Unicorn." Butaj has a thought that many of his brethren could be quite happy with Mizuki.

Moto Butaj

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:37 pm

Mizuki nods at the compliment. "Thank you. I will be marrying a member of your Clan. And that man will almost certainly be joining the Scorpion and experiencing a life he never expected. The least I can do is learn more of your Clan and make it easier. Besides, the Scorpion Clan can appreciate... unconventionalness."

Yogo Mizuki

PreviousNext

Return to The Dueling Fields