Daily History Lessons V (Day 6, Late Afternoon)

Re: Daily History Lessons V (Day 6, Late Afternoon)

Postby Iuchi Batul on Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:29 am

Batul caught up to Yukarin-san and explained to her, in a quick way, the story that the Usagi had narrated. The samurai-ko had stayed away from the main group, listening carefully to the tale of the Crab and their daily battle, and how the Wall was born from the human wall.
Unicorn Clan Samurai * Meishodo Shugenja * Perfume of Desert Flowers * Greedy * Gaijin Name * Player * Age 14
Honor: Expected| Glory: 1.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship: -1

Wearing: Robe, Wakizashi, Knife, Scroll Satchel, Coin Purse, Set of Dice, Perfume, Jewelry, Fan.

"If the wind blows, ride it."
Iuchi Batul

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:34 am

Iuchi Batul wrote:Batul caught up to Yukarin-san and explained to her, in a quick way, the story that the Usagi had narrated. The samurai-ko had stayed away from the main group, listening carefully to the tale of the Crab and their daily battle, and how the Wall was born from the human wall.

In exchange Yukarin quietly related what had happened on the way there; The note from Saksaha-sama, the request for her jade necklace for the meeting that evening...

"I could not refuse Saksaha-sama such a request, even with something that is a tie to my ancestors. I hope she will be all right... but thank you for the information, Batul-san."

She bowed to her cousin.
Unicorn Clan · Courtier · Merchant · Lucky! · Blingin' · Pacifist · Greedy · Scholar · Nerd · Shellfish Allergy · Gambler · Queen of Commerce
Honor: Expected | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy 0.1 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 8
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of shochu, sake cups, personal seal
profile · full summer robes
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Seppun Hideo on Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:13 am

Hideo frowned as the Yogo seemed to put his foot in his mouth again.

"Thank you for your addition to the story Yogo-san" he said simply, looking over the group- and the second Iuchi filled group - with a bow to the newer arrivals before looking back to the Yogo "perhaps as you are aware of the factions that did not contribute, you can offer some information as to why the Scorpion did not contribute? I'm sure those gathered would welcome this information as much as they welcomed the identity of the clans that didn't contribute."
Imperial * Shugenja * Scholarly * Description
Courtiship Points: 7
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Yogo Yuichi on Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:25 am

Aha! The other day Seppun. I like this guy...

'' Well, I'm not very versed on history so besides that piece of information I really don't know about the reasons behind the lack of help from my clan. Also it is not my place to question what the Scorpion Champion does, right? '' He crosses his arms inside his robes as he replies to the Seppun.

'' But if you were to ask my -personal- opinion I think that the Scorpion should had helped the Crab. In any case, I'm not trying to disturb your lessons Usagi-san. I was merely pointing out that detail. I'm sorry if I have interrupted you.'' He bows to the Usagi.
*Scorpion *Shugenja *Soul of Gold *Discoloured Eye *Oni Mask * Spirits, Spirits Everywhere
|Glory/Infamy: 1.0/0.0| Honor: Honorless Dog| Status: 1.0| Courtship Points: -2
Mon: Scorpion, Yogo
Carries: Wakizashi, Robes, Scroll Satchel, Paper Wards (15), Fan, Kawaru coins, Pearl, Incense, Jade fingers (1), Magical Wards (5)
description
New Theme!!
Yogo Yuichi

Postby Kaiu Hiroji on Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:47 am

Hiroji looks at the scorpion and slowly nods. His face blank.
*Crab Clan *Rather Stoic *Large *Possibly has a drinking problem *Allergy to Milk based Products *Dragon-Slayer

Status: 1.0 - Honor: What is Expected - Glory: 3.0 - Courtship Points: 2

"..."

Carries with him: Sturdy Clothing, Walking Stick, Chopsticks, Small Mirror
Kaiu Hiroji

Postby Seppun Hideo on Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:21 am

There was a hint of a smile, and a nod to Yuichi.

"That is understandable. Thank you for your input nonetheless."
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:57 am

"It was no interruption, Yogo-sama," Tomoe bowed to the Scorpion. Oh well, she couldn't be faulted at least for trying to avoid giving bad impressions about the Scorpion - they seemed to manage that fine on their own.
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Yogo Yuichi on Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:09 am

Yuichi nods back to the Crab, but says nothing. He will keep his mouth shut for now.
*Scorpion *Shugenja *Soul of Gold *Discoloured Eye *Oni Mask * Spirits, Spirits Everywhere
|Glory/Infamy: 1.0/0.0| Honor: Honorless Dog| Status: 1.0| Courtship Points: -2
Mon: Scorpion, Yogo
Carries: Wakizashi, Robes, Scroll Satchel, Paper Wards (15), Fan, Kawaru coins, Pearl, Incense, Jade fingers (1), Magical Wards (5)
description
New Theme!!
Yogo Yuichi

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:55 am

"During a previous lesson we discussed the raising of heroic and extraordinary people of the empire to the status of Fortune by the emperor. As I hear of one individual sacrificing their life to hold back the largest army of evil monsters the empire had ever seen single-handed, doing more for the empire than likely even some of the individuals who have been elevated in the past... it begs the question, at least for me, why Kuni Osaku is not revered as a fortune. I can't imagine a more noble, exemplary, or heroic sacrifice to be perfectly honest."
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Fortunate • Daring
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 2

Equipment: Daisho, armor, yumi, sake cup, bottle of water, knife, Meushi
Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:57 am

"It is a difficult question, but a valid one, Shinjo-san," Tomoe nodded to acknowledge Monkhbaatar. "Different Emperors make different choices... it is hard to know the mind of the Son of Heaven and what goes into these decisions."
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Kaiu Hiroji on Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:23 pm

"She is held in very high esteem." Hiroji notes.
*Crab Clan *Rather Stoic *Large *Possibly has a drinking problem *Allergy to Milk based Products *Dragon-Slayer

Status: 1.0 - Honor: What is Expected - Glory: 3.0 - Courtship Points: 2

"..."

Carries with him: Sturdy Clothing, Walking Stick, Chopsticks, Small Mirror
Kaiu Hiroji

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:25 pm

"Of that I have no doubt," he replies with a nod to Hiroji. "Just hearing what she accomplished gives me a great deal of respect for her. I simply find it curious that she's not been elevate to the ranks of the fortunes."

Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Matsu Kogo on Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:54 pm

Kogo perks up, having not seen Monkh-san in the crowd as she had arrived so early. She ponders the question as well, never having considered what it was that made one a Fortune or not.
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Postby Seppun Hideo on Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:50 pm

"It is not our place to question the Emperor" Hideo commented, moving to sit nearby.
Seppun Hideo

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:54 pm

"It's less questioning and more trying to understand what goes into that decision and recognizing what is considered worthy of an individual being named a fortune for their contributions," he says with a nod. "It's simply an interest to me as I've been trying to understand and pay close attention to theological subjects."

Shinjo Monkhbaatar

PreviousNext

Return to Northern Yurts