D5 [LE] Hail! Hail! Rock N Roll! (OPEN)

Re: D5 [LE] Hail! Hail! Rock N Roll! (OPEN)

Postby Matsu Kogo on Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:25 pm

She ponders this for a moment. "I am glad at least Moto Butaj did not extend the tradition that way. It could be a complex competition to start." She smiles. "I will admit, I am a little more comfortable with what I am used to as well. Though your explanation of this...handshack? Was useful."
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Postby Moto Butaj on Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:41 pm

"Do Lion often marry with those of other Clans then? Does Matsu Yurio have ancestors from other Clans?" Butaj is curious if the inbreeding ban is also a thing among the Easterners.
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Postby Matsu Yurio on Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:53 pm

He nodded.

"Marriages between clans are not uncommon, but when one joins a new clan then the old life is dead to them and should be left behind."
Lion Clan * Bushi * Scout * Small * Daring * KITTEH *
Soon to be Purple KITTEH Doggeh Trainer

Glory 1.0 * Status 1.0 * Honour Exceptional * Courtship 3!

Carries: Daisho, fan, sake cup.
When permitted: No-dachi, light armour.
Sometimes accompanied by: Neko

Panthera leo matsu militarus-minimus
Matsu Yurio

Postby Moto Butaj on Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:57 pm

"How much dead? If Butaj joined the Lion would have have to stop wrestle, play instruments and ride Huludai?" Butaj asks with dread.
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Moto Butaj

Postby Matsu Yurio on Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:20 pm

Yurio shook his head.

"No not like that. You would still do those things but you would not be Moto any more. You would be Matsu, or Akodo, or Ikoma. You would answer and be loyal to the Lion, not the Unicorn."
Lion Clan * Bushi * Scout * Small * Daring * KITTEH *
Soon to be Purple KITTEH Doggeh Trainer

Glory 1.0 * Status 1.0 * Honour Exceptional * Courtship 3!

Carries: Daisho, fan, sake cup.
When permitted: No-dachi, light armour.
Sometimes accompanied by: Neko

Panthera leo matsu militarus-minimus
Matsu Yurio

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:13 pm

Bayushi Hotaru wrote:
Iuchi Saksaha wrote:"Oh, yes!" Saksaha nods. "His father is a famous sensei of my family. And the son... well, what do you think of him, Bayushi-san?" she asks, smiling.

Dong-Ha had been so adorably embarrassed when his girl cousins had asked what he was looking for in a young lady... surely he could use some help scouting his ground.

"The son...?" She questioned momentarily before continuing.

"Hai, he has told me about his father and how he comes from an important line of mystics who've pioneered much of your method. Quite a lineage! I find him to be good company...we're seeing each other a lot when I think about it. Funny enough, it started by coincidence, crossing paths in between places or ending up in the same place to watch over another former couple. Now we're just planning things out, he's been quite open, friendly and helpful!" She smiled brightly, brushing a bit of hair behind her ear. "I've been enjoying his company so far."

"Oh, that is good," Saksaha says happily. "Dong-Ha-san is a good and clever man. I am glad to hear that you like him. As much as any person can like another after only some few days," she adds, temporizing a little on Hotaru's behalf (or maybe Dong-Ha's?). "We are all thrown together very quickly here. There is something strange in it. But maybe it is good to learn to make friends with speed."
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description
"I'm not good, I'm not nice, I'm just right/I'm the Witch/You're the world."

Speaks Mekhem (with an Ujik-hai accent) and Rokugani.
On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:51 pm

Hotaru looked a little conflicted with a faint blush on her cheeks forming when she used the proverbial 'L' word. Like? Like...I like him? Oh my Kami, maybe I actually do like him? She gave a slow nod of acceptance at her assessment. "Well...I can't be helped if he makes himself likeable when we're together. I'm sure he makes himself likeable to both guests and kin as well, when he wants to be! From the sounds of it, I'd wager that you like him too, as cousins go."

"We were thrown together quickly, but we're also here for a few days. I think it's given all of an opportunity to widen our perception and see more in a person than we usually do. That perhaps has something to do why miais are an age-old tradition that still works to this day. Hasty, but each moment here has great meaning, that must be it!" She said with a small giggle.
Scorpion Clan • Shrine Maiden • Diviner • Dangerously Cute • Slightly Short
Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Honour: Untrustworthy • Courtship Points: 9

Description, Artist Details in Description
Personal Effects: Wakizashi (where appropriate), scroll satchel, fan, jade charm, mask, fortune sticks, kawaru coins

Mamoru, Protector of Shrines
Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:36 am

"Maybe that is why five days seems so long already. Great meaning, after great meaning, too close together?" Saksaha guesses with a small smile.

"You are right, Dong-Ha-san is also likeable as kin. When many new things are happening, it is good to have others who see these things in a similar way to talk with. I hope Bayushi-san may also have such friends. But maybe you are more used to these 'age-old traditions.' Not that one person would go to more than one miai," she adds hastily, "but to you I guess that it is a more familiar idea."
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description
"I'm not good, I'm not nice, I'm just right/I'm the Witch/You're the world."

Speaks Mekhem (with an Ujik-hai accent) and Rokugani.
On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Moto Butaj on Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:16 am

Matsu Yurio wrote:Yurio shook his head.

"No not like that. You would still do those things but you would not be Moto any more. You would be Matsu, or Akodo, or Ikoma. You would answer and be loyal to the Lion, not the Unicorn."

"Ah, so it's that. It doesn't feel bad. Butaj is quite certain to be marrying out, so what the change of Clan means is quite interesting to Butaj."

Moto Butaj

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:51 am

Otaku Imane wrote:Having been ignored by the Matsu she calmly finished her piece and left, walking over to her collection of instruments. Doji Fukawa's tale popped into her head and she sighed lightly to herself before picking up the flute and beginning to play a tune as she walked in the opposite direction and looked for the host.

(OOC: I don't think we roll once the day has flipped so assume it's played competently)

Suteichi was gathering his belongings and preparing to head back to his Yurt. He carried his samisen on his back and the kumi in his hand. He turned and saw Otaku Imane and approached her.

"Otaku-sama." he greeted and bowed. "Thank you for participating."
Bayushi Suteichi
Scorpion Clan*Courtier*Poet*Musician*Dangerously Handsome*Heartless*Blessed By Benten

Status 1.0|Honor: Untrustworthy|Courtshp Points: 3

Carries: Fan, Sweets, Wakizashi, Aiguchi (when applicable), Samisen

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Otaku Imane on Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:26 am

Imane bowed in return and lowered her flute, smiling politely at Suteichi.

"It is I who should thank you Bayushi-san. Please know that this event was sincerely appreciated and enjoyed. To be able to dance and play with such a variety of wonderful musics and instruments was uplifting."
Unicorn • Shiotome • Prodigy • Musical • Honest • Gaijin Name • Archer • Lancer • Singer
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0.1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question | Courtship Points: 9
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Flute, Light armour (where appropriate)
Carried by: Almatar (Otaku warhorse, where appropriate)
Otaku Imane

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:54 pm

Otaku Imane wrote:Imane bowed in return and lowered her flute, smiling politely at Suteichi.

"It is I who should thank you Bayushi-san. Please know that this event was sincerely appreciated and enjoyed. To be able to dance and play with such a variety of wonderful musics and instruments was uplifting."

"I thank you Otaku-sama. You are most kind. Is everything going well for you?"
Bayushi Suteichi
Scorpion Clan*Courtier*Poet*Musician*Dangerously Handsome*Heartless*Blessed By Benten

Status 1.0|Honor: Untrustworthy|Courtshp Points: 3

Carries: Fan, Sweets, Wakizashi, Aiguchi (when applicable), Samisen

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:08 pm

Matsu Kogo wrote:She ponders this for a moment. "I am glad at least Moto Butaj did not extend the tradition that way. It could be a complex competition to start." She smiles. "I will admit, I am a little more comfortable with what I am used to as well. Though your explanation of this...handshack? Was useful."

"The handshake" he subtly corrects her, gentleman that he is "does have its potential problems. The same can be said for bowing though. One of those who taught me of such things told me that you can be instructed to commit seppuku for doing it incorrectly. That's why I have made sure to perfect the art."
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Vain and Glorious • Tough • Idealistic • Bad with Money • Shiny Metal Shield
Glory: 0.2 • Status 1.0 • Honor: What is Expected • Just a little bit (in)famous • CP: 0
Carries: Daisho, Targe, Yumi, Knife
Wears: Expensive kimono, haori, Light armor when appropriate.
Horse: Harukaze
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Matsu Kogo on Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:10 pm

She thinks this over. "There is wisdom in what you say. Perhaps the handshake (she says it correctly this time) is just novel and I do not appreciate the problems of what I am used to."
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:48 pm

"Such is the way of things. You can only know what you know." In his head, he was in a wise looking contemplative pose, with her gazing upon his wise-ness with adoration. So wise.

"That's why I have made it my mission to spread the knowledge of these things to both my clan and those that deal with it. It will perhaps take time, perhaps generations, but all the truly valuable things do."

He pauses for a moment. "It is always pleasant to talk to you, Matsu-san."
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Vain and Glorious • Tough • Idealistic • Bad with Money • Shiny Metal Shield
Glory: 0.2 • Status 1.0 • Honor: What is Expected • Just a little bit (in)famous • CP: 0
Carries: Daisho, Targe, Yumi, Knife
Wears: Expensive kimono, haori, Light armor when appropriate.
Horse: Harukaze
Shinjo Taichi

PreviousNext

Return to The Dueling Fields