Wasting Away (Day 6 Late Morning)

Wasting Away (Day 6 Late Morning)

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:04 pm

Daisuke was thankful for the overcast skies this morning, the last thing he wanted right now is a bright light. Sitting down on the highest part of the stands he looks down at the bottle of sake beside him. Mukaezake his father had called it, apparently it helped to have another drink in the morning. He had to admit though the thought caused his stomach to churn.

He hadn't intended to drink so much last night, but thinking back it had been well worth it. Kitakuhime had certainly been charming company.
Badger Clan * Bushi * Scout * Archer * Tough * Engaged to the best Otaku

Courtship points: 3

Carries: daisho, sake cup, chopsticks

For combat: light armor, daisho, tanto, yumi and quiver, masakiri
Ichiro Daisuke

Re: Wasting Away (Day 6 Late Morning)

Postby Otaku Imane on Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:32 pm

Daisuke was not the only one feeling tender this morning. She would never admit it but the little Otaku had finally discovered where her limits were when it came to mixing alcoholic beverages.

Almatar was perfectly happy to be out and about, which gave her cheer. She sat out for the dueling fields and was pleased when she spotted the Badger. He had been good company and she decided to approach to take her mind off the hangover. A bow was offered from the saddle.

"Good morning Ichiro-san, it is good to see you again.". Her face was painted well enough to disguise the slightly yellowish tint beneath her eyes.
Unicorn • Shiotome • Prodigy • Musical • Honest • Gaijin Name • Archer • Lancer • Singer
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0.1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question | Courtship Points: 9
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Flute, Light armour (where appropriate)
Carried by: Almatar (Otaku warhorse, where appropriate)
Otaku Imane

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:28 pm

He had just convinced himself to try his father's cure when Imane arrived, placing the cup he had poured next to him on the bench he offered her a bow.

"Good to see you as well Otaku-sama." He replied offering a smile, though it was obvious from his complexion that he wasn't at his best. "I hope this morning finds you well."

Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Otaku Imane on Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:37 pm

She thought about that for a few moments. "In all Honesty Ichiro-san, I feel like I have been kicked in the head by a horse. Even though I haven't!"

It all seemed so unfair, and now there were malicious rumours circulating about the Unicorn. It was enough to make her think the Otaku should move their yurts to a new neighbourhood. "Would you care for some company?"

Her father would have added that misery loved it.
Unicorn • Shiotome • Prodigy • Musical • Honest • Gaijin Name • Archer • Lancer • Singer
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0.1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question | Courtship Points: 9
Otaku Imane

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:46 pm

He couldn't help to chuckle at that, though it proved to be a bad idea. "I completely understand." He replied, closing his eyes for a moment against the pain in his pounding head.

"I'd love some company." He waved to a seat next to him. "I brought some mukaezake as well if you'd like, my father always said it worked wonders for hangovers."

Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Otaku Imane on Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:10 am

"Then we shall sit together, thank​ you Ichiro-san."

She sat a polite distance from him on the bench, the bottle between them, and eyed it suspiciously. "I do not know this drink. Is it a type of sake?"
Otaku Imane

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:44 am

"Well, yes and no. It's come and meet sake, in other words sake meant to meet the sake from the night before." The thought of it made him grimace for a moment, but he soldiered on. "This sake is a nigorizake though." He lifted the cup so she could see the cloudy liquid within.

"It's a bit different then most other sakes, a little sweeter?"

Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Otaku Imane on Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:19 pm

"Hmm, that does not seem wise, but I willing to try this Rokugani tradition."

She looked over at the cup and then up at Daisuke.

"That's odd. It looks a bit like kumis." Breathing in deeply Imane would have to agree it smelled a lot nicer. "Oh. Neeghoreezackey?". Her accent made for an unusual pronunciation.
Otaku Imane

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:51 pm

He'd have to agree it did not seem wise at all, but his father had always seemed to know what he was talking about. so he was willing to try. "Honestly it's my first trying it myself." He admitted as he passed her the cup, reaching into his kimono to retrieve another.

He couldn't help but smirk at her accent, as he poured his own cup. "Aye, Nigorizake." She had been been close enough. Raising his cup he offered her a smile. "Should we sip it or just get it over with?"

Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Otaku Imane on Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:30 pm

"This sounds like the sort of plan my own father would come up with so I brace myself in the hope yours is a kinder man."

She then accepted the cup gratefully. "Taste it first. We should endure, don't you think?"
Otaku Imane

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:48 pm

"I think your father and mine might be similar men." He chuckled lightly. "My own helped me get more then one bruise when I was younger."

"Aye, I think we will be alright.." Raising the glass he offered a toast. "To learning the hard way." With that he raised the glass to his lips and took a long sip.

Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Otaku Imane on Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:25 pm

"I... well think I will refrain from speaking about my father any further this morning. My head is already pounding.". She raised the cup.

"To learning the hard way Ichiro-san." The liquid hit her tongue and she took great care to allow it to flow around her mouth. Her fortitude had already been proven during the opening meal and her insides did not react to the sake. "It's...really rather good."

(Edited, because android's autocorrect needs a good kicking.)
Last edited by Otaku Imane on Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Otaku Imane

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:02 pm

"Alright then, what would you like to talk Otaku-sama?"

"I'm rather fond of this one myself. It's a Crane blend by the name of Winter's Kiss, and sadly this will likely be the last bottle I can get my hands on in quite a while. It simply can't be found in Badger lands."

Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Otaku Imane on Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:14 am

She looked at him carefully, with composure, then rubbed her temples as her pulse started racing. It was the sake rushing down and hitting her stomach.

"Eiyah, here it goes. Winter's Kiss? That is a nice name. It is kissing my insides... Yes, this is how I choose to think about it. Perhaps if you ask her nicely Doji Fukawa-san might be able to send some to you?"

Imane smiled bravely and thought about what she wanted to talk about at their impromptu meeting.

"Well, perhaps we could talk about our impressions of the miai, now that we are reaching its mid-point? What are you hoping for in a spouse, and have you met anyone you believe would be a good match?"
Otaku Imane

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:49 am

He met her gaze casually, taking another small sip of his sake as she spoke. "That's a good way to put it, kissing your insides, makes it sound loving almost." His lips curled into a slight smile. "I'll have to see about that, Doji-san might be able to help, in one way or another."

"The miai then." He agreed with a nod. "In my case, I'll admit to meeting a few women I'm interested in, though as things stand currently my chances of picking any of them are rather slim. As for what I'm looking for in a wife...."

He paused for a few moments thoughtfully his gaze falling to his cup before continuing. "Well I'd like it if she wasn't too much taller then me for starters. Other then that I'd also hope for someone I could respect, that like me would like a large family. Someone with poise,and strength of character. I don't care much about looks, though I wouldn't be upset if she was pretty."

Looking back up he offered the younger woman a smile. "You?"

Ichiro Daisuke

Next

Return to The Dueling Fields