The Real Crane Blues (D6, EM, Fukawa's Yurt)

Re: The Real Crane Blues (D6, EM, Fukawa's Yurt)

Postby Doji Fukawa on Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:03 pm

Fukawa frowns a bit at the question.

"I...may have been a bit presumptive. I thought a Unicorn suitor would be different..but I guess they're not so different in the end." she says.
Crane Clane * Courtier * Pretty *Perfumed *Prized *Petite* Perfect Pitch

Glory: 1.0 Honor: Exceptional Status: 1.0 CP: 13

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:08 pm

Yue tilted her head. "I am confused, Doji-san," she admitted. She took a sip of her tea. "I would like to hear more if that would suit you, Doji-san."
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Doji Fukawa on Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:16 pm

She really rather wouldn't....but it was important for the Unicorn to understand the ways of the Empire.

"Marriage....is not traditionally about love in the Empire, Shinjo-san." she replies. "It's primarily about securing alliances, and continuing family lines. The Crane understand this better than most, and the Doji family best of all. While it's not literally true, the saying 'Every Emperor has a Crane wife and a Crane mother' still holds a lot of power. So when I was told to come out here and marry a member of the Unicorn clan, I did not expect love."
Last edited by Doji Fukawa on Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crane Clane * Courtier * Pretty *Perfumed *Prized *Petite* Perfect Pitch

Glory: 1.0 Honor: Exceptional Status: 1.0 CP: 13

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:24 pm

The Shinjo sat on that for a moment and then silently nodded. "We of the Unicorn understand political marriage. I did not come here expecting love." She took a sip from her cup. "I understand why Crane maidens are so highly valued."

Especially if they all look like you and Mizuki...
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Previous

Return to Northern Yurts