[Day 4 - Early Afternoon] Safe as Houses

Re: [Day 4 - Early Afternoon] Safe as Houses

Postby Asako Yuki on Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:20 pm

Yuki smiled encouragingly. "That sounds wonderful, Bayushi-san. Most of us here have, I believe, at least a passing familiarity. Though I doubt most of us know as much as you." She paused. "A project to revitalize the shrine sounds like a wonderful notion!"
Asako Yuki • Phoenix Clan • Bushi • Dangerously Beautiful • Gullible
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 5

Carries: Daisho, Smoking Pipe, necklace
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin
Asako Yuki

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:46 pm

"Oooh, really?" She said at first, half-surprised at her willingness. "I'm glad that you think that it's a good idea, Asako-san!"

She giggled on an abashed note. "I was just thinking that everyone so busy and focused on other things that they wouldn't be too thrilled with the idea...I'm pleased to have your support! With some luck, we can build some awareness and maybe get some donations going so that the monks can probably get some buildings erected for their lodgings or house a small temple."
Scorpion Clan • Shrine Maiden • Diviner • Dangerously Cute • Slightly Short
Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Honour: Untrustworthy • Courtship Points: 9

Description, Artist Details in Description
Personal Effects: Wakizashi (where appropriate), scroll satchel, fan, jade charm, mask, fortune sticks, kawaru coins

Mamoru, Protector of Shrines
Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Asako Yuki on Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:42 pm

"I visited it when I got here, and it was a shame that such a historic site seemed so bare." Yuki said with a small sigh. "If we end up becoming Unicorn, we should do our best to see to it that this land is revitalized and the shrines given the treatment they deserve, neh?" She smiled widely. "Who do you think we should talk to about this? I suppose some of the samurai here may be wealthy. I think there was a high ranking Unicorn here, maybe we could talk to them about setting something up?"

Asako Yuki

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:11 pm

"Hai! From my understanding, it was the grounds for the Emerald Championship some centuries ago and it does have great significance. Even though we're not competing for a place beside the Throne...I'd like to think that it still honours the history to hold an important event here, if you still follow me, Asako-san?"

She nodded along at the idea. "I think it might be something to bring up with the governor, potentially? If not that, I suppose we have to consider the possibility of just relying on local donations to the Shrine. It's likely not going to be done overnight, but I wonder if this is something that can be started now than put off to later."

Personal Effects: Wakizashi (where appropriate), scroll satchel, fan, jade charm, mask, fortune sticks, kawaru coins

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Asako Yuki on Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:57 am

YUki nodded, showing she still understood where the Bayushi was going with this. "I think we should certainly get sanction, either from the governor or the head abbott before we go about adding to the shrine, but gathering donations sounds like an excellent start."

Asako Yuki

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:58 pm

"Great! Thank you for the suggestion, Asako-san! I think I'll start with approaching the governor and seeing where it goes from there! I can keep you updated, if you wish. It would be great to have you and your kin support the cause," she bobbed her head a few times.

"Have you met many of my kin, by chance? It seems like we have a strong gathering here."

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Asako Yuki on Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:50 pm

"Hai, I would like it very much if you could keep me updated. I'll let some of the other Phoenix know as well." Yuki smiled broadly.

She paused at the question. "I don't think I have, actually. I've been so busy meeting our hosts that, I admit, I haven't had the time for much else yet." She blushed a bit with the admission.

Asako Yuki

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:24 pm

"You haven't?" She quipped with a bit of surprise. "Oh, it's absolutely no fault of yours at all. I was just wondering, as I assume that they have made their way around the camp by now and acquainted with everyone. Last I heard, my kin have set up their shares of events to be popular."

She gave her a small smile. "The fact that you've been so busy with our hosts would only mean that you must know most of them by! It would only make sense that you would miss my kin that way...Would that be right?"

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Asako Yuki on Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:26 am

Yuki smiled apologetically regardless. "Hai, I've met, I think, many of them. But there are so many that I've missed a few, I'm sure. Seemed only wise, considering I will be marrying one of them soon."

Asako Yuki

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:45 pm

Hotaru clapped her hands together, "Oh! So Asako-san is very popular after all! I shouldn't have thought otherwise, seeing how pretty and gracious you are! Do you have an eye on any particular one yet? Or are you working on knowing them better? I personally don't think that Benten's will can be rushed...but sometimes she does grant you a sure direction without even asking. Fortunes work in mysterious ways."

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Asako Yuki on Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:00 pm

Yuki blushed and waved a hand in deference. "I wouldn't say that, really. I've mostly been finding them, I think, not the other way around. I mean, maybe a few have caught my eye, but like you say there's no good to come from rushing Benten." She smiled some. "Many of them have been quite pleasant company though. That's good. I wasn't entirely certain what to expect, coming here."

Asako Yuki

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:13 pm

She latched on one of the words she chose, "Finding them, ooooh, very forward of you! It shouldn't come as a surprise, any proper samurai-ko should be taking charge of their destiny and making things happen. The days where we just stand in the sidelines and wait for things to happen are long gone by now. You're someone I should aspire to be like. I've only been running into them coincidentally."

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Asako Yuki on Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:18 pm

Yuki's blush deepened. "Well, I didn't mean... ummm, like that. But, I mean, I guess sort of." She sighed a little and pulled out her fan to wave away some of the heat. "I guess, especially with the standings as they are, it's not a bad idea to go meeting them. Bayushi-san for one seems far more certain to choose her husband, than the other way around, after all."

Asako Yuki

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:06 pm

"That's probably based more on the standings at they are at the moment, we can't know for sure in a few days time. Ultimately, there might be an upheaval in the arrangements where I found myself unchanged, the Unicorn men find themselves in the upper echelons and you at the top, after championing every event here. The fates are never static and I shouldn't expect the same here. It makes a good point to meet them beforehand, even in the situation where I can't make the choice."

Let's just hope that it stays where it is and I get to pick first. She looked intently curiously. "Do you have an idea who you would pick, when you get to the top of the list, Asako-san?"

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Asako Yuki on Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:09 pm

Yuki giggled a bit. "You and Doji-san have such a commanding lead I do not think I will ever overtake either of you." She smiled warmly. "Hai, I think so. I haven't really decided yet, but I've rather enjoyed my time with one of the Moto. Moto Butaj. What about you, Bayushi-san?"

Asako Yuki

PreviousNext

Return to The Streets of Dark Edge Village