Serving the sought sake son (d5, LE, Fukawa's Yurt)

Re: Serving the sought sake son (d5, LE, Fukawa's Yurt)

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:07 pm

Tomonaga gave a slight smile, etiquette keeping it from being larger. "Of course, Doji-san. I'm a Crab. I may love my Hida cousins, but, well... when they say 'I am the Wall', I sometimes wish they didn't try to emulate all of the Wall's aspects."

He shrugged. "And I've done a fair amount of travel, and met members of all the clans. I feel comfortable in saying that I understand what you mean. But, fortunately, none here. Wouldn't that be a disaster." He sipped sake again.
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Status: 2 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Courtship points: 6
Carries: Sake bottle, sake cups
Description
Final Drinking Count: 22/38 threads
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Doji Fukawa on Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:10 pm

Fukawa nods.

"Hopefully those who are bringing Moto home with them are ready to help overcome people who object to their...somewhat strange ways." she adds.
Crane Clane * Courtier * Pretty *Perfumed *Prized *Petite* Perfect Pitch

Glory: 1.0 Honor: Exceptional Status: 1.0 CP: 13

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:27 pm

It was Tomonaga's turn to nod. "Yes... I've only met one of the Moto. A young man by the name of Bataar. He was a little, errr, inquisitive, but seemed polite besides that."

His eyebrows went up just a touch. "Still, I've met plenty who have met Moto. Perhaps I should just say that it seems that their ways are definitely noteworthy, and leave it at that. Even if I haven't seen their actions first hand, I begin to get the picture."
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Doji Fukawa on Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:15 pm

Fukawa checked to see if her guest was in need of more sake.

"Ah, Moto Bataar-san is a good person to talk to, as long as one remembers that his questions come from a desire to know." she says. "He'd be an excellent fit in the Dragon clan. Or perhaps the Crab clan as another might warrior."

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:41 pm

Tomonaga's cup was low, but not entirely empty. It could certainly be filled, but it wouldn't be rude not to, either.

"That's good advice about Moto Bataar. Thank you, Doji-san. I will try to remember it." Perhaps Udo would have an opinion about that. "As for the Crab, it's possible. The Moto certainly do seem fierce, which the Crab do tend to appreciate. The only possible match there would be Yasuki Tae, however, and I believe she has similar goals to me. I'm not sure; I haven't spoken to her for a few days."
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Doji Fukawa on Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:45 pm

Fukawa nodded, making the decision to refill the cups. It was a toss-up since the Yasuki said he enjoyed it but didn't always want it, but she leaned towards giving him more.

"Ah, true, there are some people unfortunately absent from the miai. I had thought I might meet a male Ide, and the female Ide were somewhat disappointed in the lack of male Crane." she said.

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:55 pm

"Were they?" Tomonaga said, studying the newly poured sake in his cup, as though it were entirely different from the first pouring. After a few moments, he took another sip. "Perhaps my cousin is similarly disappointed in the lack of male Ide." He suspected Tae didn't really care, actually.

He shrugged. "It was hard to know who to send, I expect. We didn't know so much about the Unicorn, and even if we had, we wouldn't have known who they'd be sending. It's unfortunate that the Crane will not have matches for the female Ide, but again, Doji-san, you are doing quite well, by all accounts." He raised his cup to her. "I'm sure that you can make a match that will please your Clan." He looked at her thoughtfully for a moment before sipping his sake again.
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Doji Fukawa on Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:34 pm

Fukawa nods.

"That is my hope." she agrees, similarly lifting her glass.

"That being said, it's unlikely I'll take a Moto home with me. As amusing as it would to be to show up to Kyuden Doji on the back of a horse with a fur clad, full-bearded Moto who asks when we'll be serving the meat and kumis....I think I would rather not use the single marriage of my life simply to annoy my relatives."

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:01 pm

"Ah... no. No indeed." Tomonaga said with a smile. "Although I can understand the temptation. But, that's why I'll be bringing back a little kumis with me. My older brother could use a bit of a surprise."

"Ummm..." Tomonaga began hesistantly. "I hope I'm not being too forward if I ask what families Doji-san does favor, then? Not the Moto, nor the Ide simply due to availability. But... the other families certainly seem to have proper sorts."
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Doji Fukawa on Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:22 pm

Fukawa nodded.

"Well, not the Iuchi, since I have no magical talent, and the Otaku seem to be mostly female, so that leaves me with the Shinjo family." she reveals.

"They are, after all, the direct descendants of the kami, and seem to have kept Rokugan in their hearts as they traveled the best."

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:40 pm

Tomonaga nodded. "That would seem to be a good fit. And not just by default. I've only met one male Shinjo, a Shinjo Akil-san, but he quite impressed me with his manner. The two female Shinjo as well." He hesitated a moment. "Although those in quite different ways."
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Doji Fukawa on Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:11 pm

Fukawa nods.

"I am well acquainted with Shinjo Akil." she admits. "He apparently saved the Otaku daimyo's life, but took a crippling wound in doing so. Now rather than the martial arts, he's throwing himself into the study of the flute."

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:03 am

"Ah, so that's what it was." Tomonaga said, his expression interested. "He mentioned that he was injured, but didn't say how. Sounds like it was quite the story. Saved the Otaku daimyo's life, eh?" He shook his head. "He did mention the flute. I suggested which clans might be interested in someone with such a skill." One of his eyelids shivered just a little.

"Good guy. Helped me figure out which sake the Unicorn like best. Apparently, the less refined stuff is more popular with them."
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Doji Fukawa on Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:31 am

Fukawa sipped her own sake.

"That makes a certain amount of sense. As we've said, they were in rough conditions and were frequently travelling." she says.

Fukawa looked thoughtful about that, but couldn't quite remember the legend of Kuchikami-zake.

"Though they have adapted many strange customs, I wonder if some of their traditions are closer to how things were when Lady Shinjo left the empire."

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:47 am

"Yes, another way in which I admire their ingenuity."

"Mmm, maybe." Tomonaga said. "They've been so many places, seen so many interesting things. Interacted with so many other cultures. Some of them have mentioned a few to me. And look at how much effect the Lion have been having on the Scorpion, here." Tomonaga said with a grimace. "But... they also seem very tight-knit, so you could be right. Perhaps some historians will be able to figure it out. I know the Unicorn have those. I've met one."
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Previous

Return to Northern Yurts