Orochi-vestigation [D5 EA, open!]

Re: Orochi-vestigation [D5 EA, open!]

Postby Fairuz Kaiya on Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:13 am

Kaiya took a deep breath when mentioned, but shook his head. "What balance I had this morning has been spent tending to the injuries sustained by the Mantis.. Yuzuki-san? It was said she was among those who fought this beast, and I believe her injuries did correspond with the tale. It was a wonder she survived to have such wounds treated to begin with.."

He stopped himself at that. "That is, the outcome would likely be the same either way, but I am not averse to trying if necessary."

(OOC: That is to say, my water also sucks, and I'm out of void and can't activate Fairuz tech at the moment :oops: )
House Fairuz • Shugenja • Curious • Quantum Horsing
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 3
Carried Items: Flute, journal, knife, miniature go set, scroll satchel, wakizashi, writing kit.
Languages: Mekhem
Fairuz Kaiya

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:26 am

Saksaha nods at this--though only partly understanding--and glances between the two men.

((I gotta sleep, but you can hereby consider one of you Reversal'd if either of you want to try it before I wake up. Perks of Meishodo--I don't have to be awake to make a dice roll when you decide. ;) ))
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description
"I'm not good, I'm not nice, I'm just right/I'm the Witch/You're the world."

Speaks Mekhem (with an Ujik-hai accent) and Rokugani.
On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Seppun Hideo on Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:03 am

"The water kami do not answer my prayers" Hideo said simply, looking to the Yogo and the Ronin.
Imperial * Shugenja * Scholarly * Description
Courtiship Points: 7
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:23 am

"If your magic cannot tell you anything about the water, there's really only one other way to test it, isn't thete?"

Kemuri looked up from where he had been studying the water.
Unicorn Clan Marta Family Bushi Hunter Explorer Storyteller Completely Honest Rides Sarangerel
Honor: Expected • Status: .5 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 4

Carries: Water, Knife, Sake Cup, Chopsticks, Dice
As Appropriate: Daisho, Light Armor, Daikyu, Quiver, Lantern, Cloak, Hat
Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:16 pm

Kitakuhime dismounts and walks toward the water. She lowers herself down looking at it. After taking her time, she suggests in a low voice, "If the animals avoid this, so should we. It is, after all, a grave. Let's pay our respects for the fallen."
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme
Carried by: Gekko (Otaku Battle Steed, where appropriate)

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Yogo Yuichi on Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:03 pm

Yuichi shrugs and scratches the back of his head. '' Alright, I'll do it...'' he turns to Saksaha ''Iuchi-san, I don't know how your magic works but do whatever you need to help me...''

As long you don't start cutting yourself, good...

Once again, Yuichi sat in a meditative posture close to the edge of the crater's lake. He started offering the prayers to the water kami. The pearl in his hand once again started to shine but this time the light coming out was flickering. People could notice that Yuichi was having quite a hard time concentrating. One could heard his heavy breathing, his concentration was unsteady. The elemental inbalance almost made him fail the spell.

But with Saksaha's help, Yuichi found his inner peace and balance. The light coming out from the pearl stopped flickering and Yuichi's eyes also started to shine as he entered into communion with the water element.

[OOC - Rolls]

1) Casting Commune (Water) - 9 |Fail [TN 14]
2) Reversal of Fortunes re-roll from Saksaha's Meishodo - 21 |Pass [TN 14]
1 Water Spell Slot used.

Ghosting Saksaha's Meishodo (with her permission) to help Yuichi with Reversal of Fortunes.
*Scorpion *Shugenja *Soul of Gold *Discoloured Eye *Oni Mask * Spirits, Spirits Everywhere
|Glory/Infamy: 1.0/0.0| Honor: Honorless Dog| Status: 1.0| Courtship Points: -2
Mon: Scorpion, Yogo
Carries: Wakizashi, Robes, Scroll Satchel, Paper Wards (15), Fan, Kawaru coins, Pearl, Incense, Jade fingers (1), Magical Wards (5)
description
New Theme!!
Yogo Yuichi

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:42 pm

Saksaha does not start cutting herself! She simply touches Yuichi 's hand while clasping a white limestone amulet covered with intricate carvings and speaks a few words in a foreign language. The ritual is odd but the powers of Water seem to respond to her roughly as they would to any shugenja.

Then she steps back to watch him work.

((Confirming Meishodo casting I already gave Yuichi permission to ghost. Wheee, I'm helping, I'm helping!))
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description
"I'm not good, I'm not nice, I'm just right/I'm the Witch/You're the world."

Speaks Mekhem (with an Ujik-hai accent) and Rokugani.
On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Mindshred on Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:13 pm

Yogo Yuichi wrote:Yuichi shrugs and scratches the back of his head. '' Alright, I'll do it...'' he turns to Saksaha ''Iuchi-san, I don't know how your magic works but do whatever you need to help me...''

As long you don't start cutting yourself, good...

Once again, Yuichi sat in a meditative posture close to the edge of the crater's lake. He started offering the prayers to the water kami. The pearl in his hand once again started to shine but this time the light coming out was flickering. People could notice that Yuichi was having quite a hard time concentrating. One could heard his heavy breathing, his concentration was unsteady. The elemental inbalance almost made him fail the spell.

But with Saksaha's help, Yuichi found his inner peace and balance. The light coming out from the pearl stopped flickering and Yuichi's eyes also started to shine as he entered into communion with the water element.

The water swirls anxiously in the crater...
Mindshred

Postby Yogo Yuichi on Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:29 pm

Once again Yuichi bowed towards the direction where the water kami is swirling. '' Great spírit of water I called you here to request your aid and insight.''

'' Something seems to be making animals avoid this place. Can you show me if there's any dangerous spiritual properties to animals or ningen, inside the crater's waters?'' He asked. Yuichi approaches the waters and looks if the kami show him any vision.
*Scorpion *Shugenja *Soul of Gold *Discoloured Eye *Oni Mask * Spirits, Spirits Everywhere
Carries: Wakizashi, Robes, Scroll Satchel, Paper Wards (15), Fan, Kawaru coins, Pearl, Incense, Jade fingers (1), Magical Wards (5)
description
New Theme!!
Yogo Yuichi

Postby Seppun Hideo on Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:17 am

Hideo went silent as he listened for what Yuichi would report back.
Imperial * Shugenja * Scholarly * Description
Courtiship Points: 7
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Mindshred on Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:10 pm

Yogo Yuichi wrote:Once again Yuichi bowed towards the direction where the water kami is swirling. '' Great spírit of water I called you here to request your aid and insight.''

'' Something seems to be making animals avoid this place. Can you show me if there's any dangerous spiritual properties to animals or ningen, inside the crater's waters?'' He asked. Yuichi approaches the waters and looks if the kami show him any vision.

The water swirls for a few moments, but reveals nothing of significance.
Mindshred

Postby Yogo Yuichi on Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:26 pm

Well, it seems that there's no inherent danger caused by the water... or the kami did not understood my question Yuichi thought.

He has only one more question. He took a while to think about it.

'' Mighty Water kami, can you show me what happened when the Orochi spirit fell from above and created this crater?'' Yuichi asked.
description
New Theme!!
Yogo Yuichi

Postby Mindshred on Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:14 pm

Yogo Yuichi wrote:Well, it seems that there's no inherent danger caused by the water... or the kami did not understood my question Yuichi thought.

He has only one more question. He took a while to think about it.

'' Mighty Water kami, can you show me what happened when the Orochi spirit fell from above and created this crater?'' Yuichi asked.

The waters swirl and Yuchi is rewarded with a silent version of the battle that unfolded between the samurai and the orochi... complete with a glimpse at the mujina that taunted the mighty serpent into a battle. Their words are indecipherable, but from their actions and gestures toward the approaching samurai before they vanish, it's clear enough to make out that the battle was the result of the malignant spirits.
Mindshred

Postby Yogo Yuichi on Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:03 pm

'' Arigato, great spirit of water. I will disturb you no more. '' He bows to the lake's water.

The pearl and Yuichi's eyes stopped shinning. He stood up and turns to speak to Saksaha. '' It would seem that the waters don't pose any danger to human or wildlife, but I wouldn't be so sure unless further testing from purity can be done'' He shrugs.

'' On the other hand, it seems that the Orochi spirit was tricked by some Mujina spirits from Sakkaku into fighting with samurai.''
description
New Theme!!
Yogo Yuichi

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:19 pm

"How would you suggest we test the waters, Yogo-sama?" Kemuri asked, still watching the water.
Unicorn Clan Marta Family Bushi Hunter Explorer Storyteller Completely Honest Rides Sarangerel
Honor: Expected • Status: .5 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 4

Carries: Water, Knife, Sake Cup, Chopsticks, Dice
As Appropriate: Daisho, Light Armor, Daikyu, Quiver, Lantern, Cloak, Hat
Shinjo Kemuri

PreviousNext

Return to Orochi's Fall