[D6 EA] Watching the lancers

[D6 EA] Watching the lancers

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:02 pm

Dong-Ha stood further away from the field, watching the day's proceedings. While he could ride a horse, he had never handled a lance and thus had left the field for his kin. Surely one of the Unicorn would claim triumph. The young mystic was clasd in purple grey wool robes, and several charms hung from his wide belt. Each of the amulets had been carved from wood or stone, bearing series of esoteric runes.
Unicorn Clan • Mystic
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.3 • Courtship: 2

"Power is what you think it is."
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Gaijin riding horse: Poppy
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Re: [D6 EA] Watching the lancers

Postby Doji Fukawa on Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:07 pm

There was another person opting not to ride today, though this one was shorter, more feminine, and more Crane than Dong-Ha. Still, she wanted to at least watch the competitors today, perhaps she would learn something. Spotting a purple figure standing away from the competitors, she approached curiously.

"Iuchi-san? We have not been formally introduced. I am Doji Fukawa." she offered with a bow.
Crane Clane * Courtier * Pretty *Perfumed *Prized *Petite* Perfect Pitch

Glory: 1.0 Honor: Exceptional Status: 1.0 CP: 13

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:15 pm

Oh that Doji. Akil's face flashed in Dong-Ha's mind. "Iuchi Dong-Ha, son of Iuchi Dong-Suk." the young man bowed, introducing himself as he straightened his back. "Well met, and good afternoon Doji-san."

"My kinsman has spoken kindly of you."
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Doji Fukawa on Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:27 pm

Fukawa bowed again, this time in acknowledgment of the compliment.

"I am glad I have made a favorable impression upon the Unicorn on behalf of my clan." she replies. "It is an honor to meet you, Iuchi-san."

She looks at the various people preparing for the competition.

"I've never seen such a strange weapon." she comments, speaking of the lances.

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:32 pm

"Honor is all mine." he quipped in return. "It's mostly a hunting weapon. For the large, dangerous game. A bear cannot get close to you if you have a six foot pole and you sit on a horse." Dong-Ha explained. "Too heave for... other things."
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Doji Fukawa on Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:36 pm

Fukawa nodded at that, willing to accept this was for bear hunting, rather than probing what else you could hunt with it.

"It should make for an interesting challenge." she says. "I've heard of some samurai who can pick up any weapon and wield it, but as I understand it, most tend to focus their training on a single one. Is that similarly true among the Unicorn?"

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:40 pm

"Uh... I am not a bushi, so I am not really an expert, but at least the Moto seem to be content on using whatever they have at hand..." he had seen a woman knock another unconscious with a wooden ladle. "Doji-san ought to ask that from one of the Shinjo, they would know better." The small short sword that hung by Dong-Ha's side had seen better days and bore the sings of neglect. "Different tools... for different problems, I think."
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Doji Fukawa on Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:45 pm

The Doji actually brightened a bit at that explanation.

"Indeed." she agrees. "I know a samurai should be a master of both summer and winter but well...."

She pauses a moment.

"Some of us are a bit better suited for one season over the other."

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:48 pm

"I'd rather remain as a master of summer." Dong-Ha chuckled. "I've seen enough cold winters to want to have nothing to do with them." Up north, the winters were even harsher than in Rokugan. "I', definitely a summer-man myself."

"How about Doji-san?"
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Doji Fukawa on Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:56 pm

It occured to Fukawa that perhaps the Unicorn was not on the same page as her. Or perhaps the Iuchi were just as bloodthirsty as the Matsu, but with weird magic instead of swords.

"Oh, Winter, most certainly." she said, as if the answer was plainly obvious. "Winter Court is my favorite time of the year. People gathered together for long conversations, displays of artistic talent, and people gathered together peacefully learning about each other."

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:59 pm

"In winter... we huddle in tents and wait for spring to come. There isn't much to do during the short days, so all you do is talk and sleep. Not my thing, Doji-san. In summer... you can ride wherever you want, study the stars and the nature without freezing. No, summer is definitely my season." Indeed he was not on the same page with the Doji. They didn't even have the same book.
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Doji Fukawa on Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:14 pm

Perhaps the Unicorn shugenja were particularly bushi like.

"Ah, well, it's true I suppose that you will not be able to ride very much in the Winter." she agrees.

She looks back to the competitors getting ready.

"So who do you think will truimph today?" she asks, curious.

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:23 pm

"Well, you can. You just can't go very fast. The horses cannot see the ground beneath the snow and might end tripping, like humans. Except that while you or me, we'd mostly get damp if we tripped in the snow, a horse might break his ankle."

Horses were fascinating creatures after all. "I think one of the Otaku ought win. They are the best riders and have the best steed."
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Doji Fukawa on Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:38 pm

Fukawa nodded.

"That would be sensible." she agrees. "Although sometimes people surprise you. I will be shocked if a Unicorn doesn't take first today, but upsets do happen."

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:57 pm

"Well, if upsets happen... they happen." Dong-Ha mused rather philosophically. "It's not like you don't have horses..." As small as they were. "And well, deep down lance is a long spear. You'd think that some bushi would figure out how it works."
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Next

Return to Horsemanship Field