If Rolled Bamboo Had Stuffing (Day 6, LM)

Re: If Rolled Bamboo Had Stuffing (Day 6, LM)

Postby Ide Amaya on Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:03 pm

"Yes, to the core of my being. Nothing is quite so powerful." Well, next to nothing, comes to her as an afterthought. "Will you ride Ti-Lu in the event today, or do you intend to borrow one of the Unicorn steeds?"
• Unicorn Courtier • [Profile - Updated 4/29]
• Small • Gullible • Voice • Inner Gift (Animal Ken) • Love Actuary •
• Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 5 •
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Image Tokma - a Gaijin riding horse
Ide Amaya

Postby Miya Mei on Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:10 pm

"I will ride him. I think he would feel betrayed if I chose another over him. Though I am curious to what it feels like to have such a beast as the Unicorn steeds between your legs"
Imperial | Duelist | Kakita Trained | Unmarriable
Honor: Exceptional | Glory: 1.0 |Infamy 1.0 | Status 1.5 | CP: -2

Description

Wielder of an elegantly decorated katana, Meng. D8+ carries Shinjo Kemuri's Fan
Miya Mei

Postby Ide Amaya on Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:20 pm

She blushes at Mei's wording, and the single-most bold, provocative thought she has experienced in the sixteen years of her life leaps into her head unbidden. Pushing the thought away, two days, that phrase would have meant nothing more to me than how it is intended, she thinks curiously. "Of course, one must be careful of how jealous a steed can be about its rider. But I have not ridden a steed like yours, so I could not accurately begin to imagine how they might compare."
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Ide Amaya

Postby Miya Mei on Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:37 pm

"Ti-Lu is swift and agile, and can outrun most any creature I have encountered. With yours being so large, I imagine they are much more suited for combat than mine. I would be afraid if Ti-Lu took one strike it would down him, where yours would hardly flinch"

Description

Miya Mei

Postby Ide Amaya on Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:12 pm

"They are brave, that is true, but fleetness is a valuable trait of it's own. It cannot be compared like an apple to a fig."

Ide Amaya

Postby Miya Mei on Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:20 pm

"This is true. I wonder what it will look like in a few hundred years after both the Unicorn and Rokugani breeds mix together."

Description

Miya Mei

Postby Ide Amaya on Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:24 pm

She chuckles, "don't say that in earshot of the Otaku. They get jumpy if a Moto's stallion walks too close."

Ide Amaya

Postby Seppun Aramoro on Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:28 pm

Asako Yuki wrote:
"Asako Yuki." She replies, bowing once more and not having any titles to put on the end of her name.

She glanced at the bamboo. "No, not so much, Seppun-sama. But the katana is an offensive weapon, even when used defensively. It is best to have some training in how to use the weapon to its full potential." One of the ties holding the bamboo together had cracked under the abuse, but not split.

Aramoro nods as the Phoenix explains and gives her a moment of silence as then replies "And has your skills assisted you in the Miai? How have you experienced the event so far?"
Imperial • Hazy Pupils • Shugenja • Knowledgeable • Conservative • Wealthy
Status: 1.5 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: Expetional | Courtship Points: 9
Carries:Robes, Kimono, Wakizashi, Scroll Satchel, Fan, Sweets • Profile
Seppun Aramoro

Postby Miya Mei on Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:36 pm

Ide Amaya wrote:She chuckles, "don't say that in earshot of the Otaku. They get jumpy if a Moto's stallion walks too close."

"Is that so? Can you tell me a little about the Otaku's warhorses? I have seen one up close, but didn't get a chance to discuss it with the rider"

Description

Miya Mei

Postby Asako Yuki on Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:21 pm

Seppun Aramoro wrote:Aramoro nods as the Phoenix explains and gives her a moment of silence as then replies "And has your skills assisted you in the Miai? How have you experienced the event so far?"

Yuki paused and then managed a faint glimmer of one of her usual bright smiles. "I've liked them quite a lot. Even where I have not won they have always been entertaining and, maybe a little enlightening."
Asako Yuki • Phoenix Clan • Bushi • Dangerously Beautiful • Gullible
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 5

Carries: Daisho, Smoking Pipe, necklace
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin
Asako Yuki

Postby Seppun Aramoro on Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:28 pm

The Imperial was relieved to see en expression that suited the pretty face. "Any one event in particular that caught your attention?" He gave a slight smile "Any one person in particular al so?"
Seppun Aramoro

Postby Asako Yuki on Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:00 pm

"The first event, the meal. That was a wonderful experience. I got to taste a great number of interesting new foods. I also got to meet many new people." She looked at the Imperial. "What about you, Seppun-sama?" If she'd heard his question about if there was someone she had in mind, she'd ignored it.

Asako Yuki

Postby Seppun Aramoro on Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:16 pm

He pauses in wonder at her not answering the whole question. "I was not fond of the meal to be honest and was frustrated at the foreign language part, but I thoroughly enjoyed crafting this fan." He took out the fan he won the event with. "I know modesty is an attribute that a samurai should carry, but denying this piece of art would certainly be a pity."

He folds open the fan showing the poem he had written on it. "Although I have been faring quite well in the events, I struggle to meet Unicorn that attracts my attention. I wish it was otherwise, but their was are so strange. Not so Phoenix-san?"
Seppun Aramoro

Postby Asako Yuki on Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:49 pm

Yuki paused and frowned. "I am sorry to hear that Seppun-sama did not enjoy the meal, I've heard many had difficulties with the food. That was a shame, but, lesson learned, neh?" When the Imperial pulled out the fan she nodded, "Ah, that is a most lovely fan, Seppun-sama. While modesty is a virtue, acknowledgement of one's acts is equally important." She briefly smiled again.

"That is unfortunate, Seppun-sama. Unfortunately I've not met many of the women Unicorn here, so I could not hope to make a suggestion to you. I'm certain that with diligence you will find a bride. I have found that many of the Unicorn here are not so different from us, save for a few minor differences."

Asako Yuki

Postby Ide Amaya on Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:50 pm

Miya Mei wrote:"Is that so? Can you tell me a little about the Otaku's warhorses? I have seen one up close, but didn't get a chance to discuss it with the rider"

She offers a little bow, "I shall endeavour to do justice to the noble Otaku warhorse. The shiotome - the battle maidens - alone control the herds, selecting the most suitable pairings. Many Otaku can recite the bloodline of their horse back many generations, and many of the steeds are just as, or even more famous than their rider."

"They say that the Otaku learn to ride before they can walk. The shiotome are bonded to a foal when they begin training. They learn together, before either of them have been broken, and know intimately each other's feel. There is no bond deeper, saving that of a mother and her child. A bond broken only in death."

"The steeds are more than beautiful, though beautiful they are without question. And they are more than large. An Otaku steed is fearless, and capable. They will charge into battle at their rider's behest without doubt or hesitation. Their legs are powerful, and their hooves sharp, and they can trample a lesser creature before their rider can even strike. They are steadfast, never skittish, and I do so wish I could ride one."

She wasn't sure if that answered Mei's question, but she had gotten somewhat distracted along the way, thinking about the warhorses.

Ide Amaya

PreviousNext

Return to Calm Heart Dojo