[D6 LA] Fair Trade

Re: [D6 LA] Fair Trade

Postby Ide Samai on Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:19 pm

Yasuki Tomonaga wrote:Tomonaga grinned. "And thank you for the honor, Samai-cha-san." He teased gently, imitating her little mixup. His brown eyes were warm as he met her gaze.

He closed his eyes as he felt her hand against his. His palms flattened out against her, less of a grip, closer to a gentle hold, more of his hands in contact with her.

"Yeah, that's right. A long time ago. Ummm..." He paused, dredging up the distant lessons. "Well, ties between the Yasuki and the Crab were already good. Our lands are as far south as Crane lands get, which means we owed a lot to the Crab. So, when a conflict broke out, we were hesitant to take part. The Crane daimyo, can't remember his name... anyway, he banished us, and the Crab were all too happy to take us in."

He shrugged again. "It's better this way. The Crab are a better fit. The Crane can be sticklers for etiquette sometimes, and talking about mercantile matters is often considered rude." He sighed. "I don't know how other clans do it. I mean, trade is important, something the leaders should know about. How do they not talk about it, at least sometimes?"

"Bully." She pouted. Still, she enjoyed his voice. And his touch. And his... focus!!

"I am not sure... mercantile matters are important. In the Burning Sands there are merchant houses. Dahabi, they are called. They are the nobles of that land, wielding great power and influence. I assume that the Crane wold be shocked to meet them."

She turned again, her hair brushing against his face by accident. "I would love to visit Yasuki lands one time."
Unicorn Emissary * Gaijin Rose * Storyteller
Honor: What is expected * Status: 2.0 * Glory: 0.0 * Courtship: 2
Carries: Wakizashi, Fan, perfume (rose), coin purse
Ide Samai

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:16 pm

Tomonaga just chuckled in response.

"Merchant houses, huh? That's like families? Hmmm." He was silent for a few moments. "I wonder... it sounds like the Crane and them move in very different worlds. The Crane are certainly the masters of theirs. I've trained a bit in their way of doing thing, enough to not offend them too much. It's not really my preferred way of doing things..." He shrugged. "Actually, the Daidoji do have some merchants, which makes sense. They've got some things in common with the Crab, although I don't know if they'd like to hear that."

Tomonaga closed his eyes as Samai's hair brushed against his face. There was something about that gentle touch that was more intimate than their other closeness. He tilted his head to the side, the better to meet her eyes as she turned. "They're very lovely lands." He said, his voice soft. "I think you would like them very much. And I... I think I would like it if you were there."
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Status: 2 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Courtship points: 6
Carries: Sake bottle, sake cups
Description
Final Drinking Count: 22/38 threads
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Ide Samai on Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:35 pm

Yasuki Tomonaga wrote:Tomonaga just chuckled in response.

"Merchant houses, huh? That's like families? Hmmm." He was silent for a few moments. "I wonder... it sounds like the Crane and them move in very different worlds. The Crane are certainly the masters of theirs. I've trained a bit in their way of doing thing, enough to not offend them too much. It's not really my preferred way of doing things..." He shrugged. "Actually, the Daidoji do have some merchants, which makes sense. They've got some things in common with the Crab, although I don't know if they'd like to hear that."

Tomonaga closed his eyes as Samai's hair brushed against his face. There was something about that gentle touch that was more intimate than their other closeness. He tilted his head to the side, the better to meet her eyes as she turned. "They're very lovely lands." He said, his voice soft. "I think you would like them very much. And I... I think I would like it if you were there."

"Hai, Houses are like that. They are sort of families, some even as big as clans, but all under one family name. Some are smaller, much smaller. Like the.... small clans? Minor? Correct?" She looked back at him, the blush slowly spreading.

"I assume your preferred way is more... informal? With sake? And first names? Tomonaga-kun?" She risked the honorific, hoping he'll take it in good humor... he seems to be doing that way, but she was still risking it. At least that's how it felt.

"I think I would like it too..." She was debating where to take the conversation... keep it light, or bring up hard facts and reality? Well... reality can wait for now.
Ide Samai

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:04 pm

"Minor, yes." Tomonaga said, smiling. In truth, he found the minor linguistic differences to be almost as charming as the blushes. "But that sounds interesting, indeed. I hope someone chronicled all of this. I know I'm speaking for more than just myself when I say that it'd be great to hear about all these other people, even if we never see them."

Her use of the even more informal name made Tomonaga laugh softly. "Yeah, that's right. Samai-chan." He said softly. His hands gently pressed against her waist for a moment, almost like a hug. "Given a choice between doing things the formal way, or the informal way, I'll take informal every time. Honesty, openness... it seems like the best way to do things. It's why I'm finding I'm really liking the Unicorn, since that openness seems to be a common point with the Crab."

Tomonaga sighed. He, too, could feel the possible shifts in the conversation. Inwardly, he was torn. "I've... been hearing a lot lately, from a lot of different sources, that it's important to enjoy the moment. I'm not sure how things are going to work out in the few days remaining. But..." He swallowed. "There are possibilities that would make me happy." He gave her a small smile. "And as for enjoying moments, well, I'm certainly enjoying this one."
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Ide Samai on Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:53 am

Yasuki Tomonaga wrote:"Minor, yes." Tomonaga said, smiling. In truth, he found the minor linguistic differences to be almost as charming as the blushes. "But that sounds interesting, indeed. I hope someone chronicled all of this. I know I'm speaking for more than just myself when I say that it'd be great to hear about all these other people, even if we never see them."

Her use of the even more informal name made Tomonaga laugh softly. "Yeah, that's right. Samai-chan." He said softly. His hands gently pressed against her waist for a moment, almost like a hug. "Given a choice between doing things the formal way, or the informal way, I'll take informal every time. Honesty, openness... it seems like the best way to do things. It's why I'm finding I'm really liking the Unicorn, since that openness seems to be a common point with the Crab."

Tomonaga sighed. He, too, could feel the possible shifts in the conversation. Inwardly, he was torn. "I've... been hearing a lot lately, from a lot of different sources, that it's important to enjoy the moment. I'm not sure how things are going to work out in the few days remaining. But..." He swallowed. "There are possibilities that would make me happy." He gave her a small smile. "And as for enjoying moments, well, I'm certainly enjoying this one."

Samai smiled. "Well, I promise to tell you all about them in the future." She leaned back a bit into him. Samai-chan... she liked the sound of that.

"It is true... we have learned early on that even if we were to give in to using subterfuge, all the variations in life will mean that we will lose track of our own lies... Honesty is simpler, and better for the soul." She touched his hand again, her fingers lingering for a longer time this round.

"The moment is indeed something to enjoy. It is a good moment. A wonderful even." She let out a sigh of happiness. "There are a few possibilities that I would be happy with it... one in particular."
Ide Samai

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:24 am

Tomonaga was not a bushi, but he was fit and athletic. His chest was comfortably solid to lean against, and warm." Tomonaga closed his eyes for a moment, enjoying the feel of Samai's resting against him, and the scent of roses in her hair.

"Mmmm. In my case, it's part of my philosophy with trading." Tomonaga said softly. "It's better to make honest deals that the other person is happy with than to make a deal that they're unhappy with later. Long term relationships are important."

Speaking of which... Tomonaga gave another gentle sigh. "I would be very happy with that one too, Samai-chan." He said, his voice soft. "But I can't promise it. We'll... we'll have to see how things turn out, over the next few days."
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Ide Samai on Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:56 pm

She enjoyed being surrounded by Tomonaga. It was a new feeling, but not an unwelcome one.

"I didn't know you were a philosopher also Tomonaga-kun... must be all the sake." She gently caressed his hand with her own, before returning to the reins.

"Nor do I expect your promise. I have lived my life in uncertainty since I could think... will there a path tomorrow? Or food? Or will I die? It is a fact of life on the journey. Even if that possibility becomes reality... I will treasure our moments together." She leaned back to look at him and show a wide smile.

Meanwhile Scirocco got distracted and started moving in a different direction.
Ide Samai

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:39 pm

Tomonaga allowed his arms to slide around Samai just a little more, solid and comforting. Although, remembering the rumors from the morning, he did remember to glance about first, and make sure no one was watching. It may not yet have been inappropriate, but, well, gossip often made a little into a lot.

He chuckled softly at her joke. "Well, a philosopher in that one respect, anyway. Although you're right. It's amazing how many things samurai think they're experts in after they've had a few cups of sake."

Tomonaga relaxed. "As will I, Samai-chan. And I admire that way of thinking..." He trailed off as Samai turned to look at him, smiling, their faces rather close. "You're very lovely, Samai-chan." He said softly, his eyes flickering from her eyes down to her lips.

Lost in a study of her face, Tomonaga failed to notice Scirocco's change in direction.
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Ide Samai on Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:03 pm

Yasuki Tomonaga wrote:Tomonaga allowed his arms to slide around Samai just a little more, solid and comforting. Although, remembering the rumors from the morning, he did remember to glance about first, and make sure no one was watching. It may not yet have been inappropriate, but, well, gossip often made a little into a lot.

He chuckled softly at her joke. "Well, a philosopher in that one respect, anyway. Although you're right. It's amazing how many things samurai think they're experts in after they've had a few cups of sake."

Tomonaga relaxed. "As will I, Samai-chan. And I admire that way of thinking..." He trailed off as Samai turned to look at him, smiling, their faces rather close. "You're very lovely, Samai-chan." He said softly, his eyes flickering from her eyes down to her lips.

Lost in a study of her face, Tomonaga failed to notice Scirocco's change in direction.

Samai was silent for a long while, enjoying the situation. "Oh, and what is your expertise?" Then something strange happened. The horse stopped, grazing happily.

What.

"You are lovely too." Wow, witty courtier in action.
Ide Samai

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:44 am

The horse stopping made it easier. Tomonaga still wasn't entirely sure what he wanted, at least for the long term. But in this moment, at least, he was sure.

With her turned as she was, in his arms, their faces were close together. Slowly, Tomonaga leaned his head forward, his eyes half-closing as he sought her lips with his own.
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Ide Samai on Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:09 am

It took a while for her to realize the situation... and by the time, she knew who was where and what was going on, her lips met his with hunger and passion.

When she realized what she was doing... she also realized this was a damn good feeling. Ningen-Do can wait, time to be in the heavens for a bit.
Ide Samai

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:19 am

Tomonaga's lips were warm and soft as they meet Samai's. He is firm, but not rough, with a gentle pressure. As she responded to him, his arms tightened around her waist, holding her more tightly against his body. Indeed, it is a very good, and if Samai could tell, a very experienced kiss.

He could feel his passion rising as the two of them move together... with a sigh, Tomonaga broke the kiss, reluctantly, letting his lips linger on hers just a moment longer. He glanced quickly around, confirming that the two of them had not been observed. "That's not something we can do to often, with how closely the Unicorn are being watched now." He leaned a little closer once more, his lips brushing her ear. "But I think it was worth the risk." He whispered.
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Ide Samai on Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:27 am

Samai was at first disappointed as the kiss broke, her lips feeling cold and alone. Slowly, she came back to reality, a dreamy smile settled on her face.

She leaned into him close, snuggling. "You tempt me too much Tomogata-kun." There was no chiding in her voice, just teasing. "It was worth the risk, that is for sure." A shuddered passed through her as he leaned in. Her right hand moved up to gently caress his face.
Ide Samai

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:48 am

Again, Tomonaga reacted as her hand came up to stroke his face. His lips touched her ear again, as his hands slid along her waist, beginning to explore the shape of her...

Tomonaga pulled back suddenly, his hands coming to rest on her hips once more. He took a deep, steadying breath. "Right! Sorry. Or, not sorry." He took another breath. "But we really can't. It could cause problems for both of us."

He sighed, leaning over to give her a rueful smile. "Those rumors were certainly ill-timed, if you ask me."
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Ide Samai on Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:18 am

She sighed sadly, then leaned forward slowly. "Well, I don't think there ever was a good time for them." She flashed a small smile. "Still, you are a considerate samurai, and I appreciate that Tomonaga-kun."

She took the reins again, and slowly, heavily asked. "Shall we continue?"
Ide Samai

PreviousNext

Return to The Western Fields