Of Sympathy and Scandals (D6, Late Eve, CLOSED)

Re: Of Sympathy and Scandals (D6, Late Eve, CLOSED)

Postby Asako Hirase on Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:24 pm

"That would be the word, hai." Hirase nodded, smiling. "And it would be kind of you. Otherwise, I might have to bring Ericko. She...doesn't like your people much." The Phoenix laughed, suddenly. "If I stay, I'm going to have to send her back and find a new scribe; if I don't, she may just take vows and leave anyway."
Phoenix Clan * Courtier * Widower * Single Father * Husband-elect of Shinjo Liu Yue
Glory: 1.0 Status: 1.0 Honor: What is Expected

Orange Text = Speaking Yobanjin * Description

Always Carries: Writing materials, healthy snacks, fan
Asako Hirase

Postby Moto Butaj on Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:33 pm

Butaj rubs his stubble as he laughs with a dose of uncertainty. "Eriko is your servant, right? They never seem to like Butaj, the peasants. Butaj has ever wondered why, but it is that way."
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Postby Asako Hirase on Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:37 pm

"She is, yes." For whatever reason, Hirase laughed even harder. "And she more or less hates everyone. Very sour, that one. It's no wonder she never married. But. she is good at her tasks and she softens at least a bit for Ichiro when she watches him for me."
Phoenix Clan * Courtier * Widower * Single Father * Husband-elect of Shinjo Liu Yue

Asako Hirase

Postby Moto Butaj on Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:19 pm

"The Unicorn need more peasants, good character or bad. Butaj hopes that those who marry into the Clan bring their peasants with them." Butaj's moment of statesmanship is soon gone after a swig. "So should Butaj let know Imane that you are very keen to meet her tomorrow, has heard many good things about her and are very interested in her various talents, and was very excited when you saw her riding and lancing like Lady Otaku herself?"
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Moto Butaj

Postby Asako Hirase on Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:32 pm

"It's her music that draws me more than the lancing...though her riding skill was very impressive." Hirase took another pull of kumis before nodding to himself. "I don't think I'd fall off of her saddlebow if she threw me over. Though telling her that is premature. Yes. I think telling her that I am happy to learn more of such an accomplished woman is a fine idea."

Asako Hirase

Postby Moto Butaj on Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:15 pm

"Then it is set. Butaj will set you two up for a meeting." He grins. "Butaj has a good feeling about this."

Moto Butaj

Postby Asako Hirase on Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:23 pm

"Mmm." Sagely, the older man nodded. "The kumis helps."

He considered, then asked, "Has anyone introduced you to shouju yet, by the way?"

Asako Hirase

Postby Moto Butaj on Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:41 am

"Butaj doesn't remember. Is it like sake?" Butaj then pulls the trunk of the elephant in the room. "Maybe it's time to talk about Yuki?"

Moto Butaj

Postby Asako Hirase on Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:14 am

"It's sake with a much stronger kick."

Hirase nodded at the next suggestion, shaking his head a bit as if that will help him to clear it.

"Yes, we'd better."

Asako Hirase

Postby Moto Butaj on Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:44 am

"Butaj speaks first or Hirase speaks first? Or Butaj asks first or Hirase asks first? Butaj realises she looks up to you for advice and support and you have what is best for her in your mind so Butaj thinks we can talk honestly. Butaj knows that Hirase is a very good man, and Butaj can be completely honest with him."

Moto Butaj

Postby Asako Hirase on Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:21 pm

"Well, I can tell you that I think you'd make her a good husband." Hirase smiled, but it slid away as he added, "I also expect she'll be very upset about the news you've been bedding others."

Asako Hirase

Postby Moto Butaj on Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:45 pm

"We've talked it through already. Butaj wasted no time to be honest with her about everything. He has made it clear that he will not ever shame her by bedding others if we become betrothed, and then wed. Butaj thinks very fondly of her, and holds back on loving her dearly only because he must consider a situation in which we are denied this bond." He smiles longingly when he speaks about her. and reaches to his vest, producing Yuki's gift. "Butaj got a fan and a kiss from Yuki." He sighs. "But we also have agreed we won't stop seeing others. Butaj bonded with Tonbo Misa during the night together, and there are important feelings and pledges too. In the end, Yuki agreed that there is still much to be done if we want a better chance to be together." He looks at Hirase, wondering what the man will say.

Moto Butaj

Postby Asako Hirase on Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:00 pm

"Ah, she took my advice then." Hirase indicated the fan. "While one can't predict what someone will do in the end, such a visible claim would make those avoiding Benten's wrath at least reconsider their actions."

He thought of the Tonbo, who he'd seen but never met and his brows furrowed thoughtfully.

"You could do better than a former Minor Clanner, anyway. They had to be absorbed by the Dragon because they were too weak to stand on their own."

Asako Hirase

Postby Moto Butaj on Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:49 pm

"Is it a sign that she loves Butaj then? She didn't say it this way, and when Butaj asked she said she didn't know yet. Butaj has accepted it as a symbol of hope that we can be together, but this fan-giving is something Butaj is not too familiar about." At his other words, Butaj's head tilts. "But she's a Dragon now, is she not? And also a direct descendant of her family founders. Even if Butaj cared about big pedigree, which he doesn't too much because he appreciates the woman not her family tree, she is not nobody."

Moto Butaj

Postby Asako Hirase on Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:12 pm

"I think that my Cousin is a lovely, open-hearted girl who is trying very hard not to be in love with someone it is not certain she can have." Hirase sighed, worried for her. "If she gave you her first kiss...I think that she is failing in that effort."

Back to the Tonbo, he said, "The girl herself may be as you say. And the Dragon are to be respected, they had a Kami, too. But...truly...they are a clan of true-dreamers and courtiers. I do not know how happy you would be among them. If she were Mirumoto, that would be different...but she isn't."

Asako Hirase

PreviousNext

Return to Northwestern Yurts