Serving the sought sake son (d5, LE, Fukawa's Yurt)

Re: Serving the sought sake son (d5, LE, Fukawa's Yurt)

Postby Doji Fukawa on Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:29 am

Fukawa sips her sake enjoying it while considering the Yasuki's words.

"Ah. Of course, as the little teacher has said, 'A journey of a thousand li begins with a single step." she says nodding a bit.

She sets the cup back down.

"Your wife will need to be a very special woman indeed, Yasuki-sama." she comments off-handedly.
Crane Clane * Courtier * Pretty *Perfumed *Prized *Petite* Perfect Pitch

Glory: 1.0 Honor: Exceptional Status: 1.0 CP: 13

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:00 am

"I rather hope so, Doji-san." Tomonaga said, deadpan.

He took another sip of his sake. "This really is very good. So many layers. I don't think one would want it all the time, though." He said.
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Status: 2 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Courtship points: 6
Carries: Sake bottle, sake cups
Description
Final Drinking Count: 22/38 threads
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Doji Fukawa on Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:22 pm

Fukawa nods.

"It is good to have many allies, so one has options when needed, Yasuki-sama. This is true whether it's selection of sake, or something more important." she says.

She tilts her head a bit curiously.

"Of course, Yasuki-sama, since our clans are working so well together these days of late, if there is anything I can help you with, I would be honored if you asked." she adds.

The Soul of Honor: 47

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:52 pm

Tomonaga shifted a little, frowning thoughtfully. "Thank you, Doji-san. The friendship of the Crane means much to us." His frown deepened a little. "I am not sure what sort of need I would have that would fall under the purview of the Crane." He is silent for a moment after that, his expression almost grim.

His expression brightened again. "Nevertheless, again, I thank you for the offer. And allow me to return it to you. If there is anything I can do for you, please, do not hesitate to ask."
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Doji Fukawa on Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:59 pm

Fukawa bowed at the Yasuki's offer.

"I appreciate that Yasuki-sama." she says. "If nothing else, I'm sure that knowing you will be helpful when planning the wedding."

She takes a sip of her sake.

"I might want to ask for help with obtaining supplies for the reception. You could help with something....like rice balls." she says in a very good-natured tease.

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:35 pm

Tomonaga smiled, relaxing a little further. "Oh, sure. I'll go back and tell my family to stop putting rice into barrels, they should ball it up and trade it to the Crane, instead."

He looked at Fukawa, still smiling, although more restrained. "It could end up being a wedding in the Unicorn tradition, of course, depending on how things work out. Do you have any preferences there, Doji-san?" He asked, his tone polite.
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Doji Fukawa on Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:48 pm

Fukawa ponders that.

"I....honestly have no idea what that involves, Yasuki-sama." she admits. "If forced to guess I'd say it would involve fur, horses, and kumis. Between that and a traditional Crane wedding...I think I'd have to prefer the latter."

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:13 pm

"With all that entails, I suppose." Tomonaga said, nodding.

He shrugged. "For myself, well, my position makes it unlikely that I'll be marrying into the Unicorn. Not impossible, of course, but unlikely. So it's most likely a Crab wedding for me. Although, I'd like to see a Unicorn wedding at least once." He smiled. "Maybe I'll get invited to someone else's."
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Doji Fukawa on Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:16 pm

Fukawa considers her cup.

"That seems likely, Yasuki-sama." she offers. "After all, your bride will likely have relatives and friends who marry, and give you even more chances to...make friends among the Unicorn."

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:28 pm

Tomonaga's eyebrows went up a little. "That's true, Doji-san. I suppose I hadn't considered that."

"Well, good." He said. "I think I might enjoy that. I think I'm developing a taste for kumis." He glanced through his lashes at Fukawa as he said that, trying his best not to smile, judging her reaction.
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Doji Fukawa on Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:38 am

It was always hard to get a read on a Crane courtier. At least she didn't have her fan up. There wasn't much of a reaction. After all, it was a Crab, a Yasuki at that, saying something distasteful. It was treated as if the Yasuki lord had decided to jam a finger up his nose and start digging. Distasteful behavior by distasteful, yet important people, earned slightly averted eyes.

A small shrug.

"Given the reaction of many of the guests to the mixed feast, I think any culinary innovations of the Unicorn will remain largely with them for the time being. At least, it would seem, that the most understanding and forgiving of samurai were sent. There were no duels fought over the food, at least as far as I've heard."

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:21 pm

Tomonaga sighed. "Yes... well. I understand that they had some difficult with some of our dishes that they weren't familiar with. It's good that everyone was able to overcome those differences. But perhaps before we can talk about those integrations you mentioned before, more basic adjustments need to be made. Can we eat each others' food? Will they abstain from sake in favor of kumis?"

He shrugged. "Still, based on how things are going, it seems as though we have cause to hope. The Unicorn are adaptable, and they really try."
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Doji Fukawa on Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:19 pm

Fukawa nodded.

"Of course, given the hardship they faced in trying to execute their clan's mandate, adaptation was really the only choice they had." Fukawa adds. "There are a few very traditional people I know who would benefit from studying such a lesson."

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:26 pm

Tomonaga spread his hands, conceding the point. "Yes. Still, perhaps that is their great strength. Hopefully using it won't destroy it."

He tilted his head, giving Fukawa a curious glance. "Doji-san, I can't help but notice that you said 'a very few' instead of 'very few'. It almost sounds as though you had someone in mind?"
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Doji Fukawa on Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:47 pm

The Crane dips her head slightly.

"Perhaps I do, but no one here, Yasuki-sama." she offers, taking another sip of the sake. "Surely, in all his dealings, Yasuki-sama has met one or two people who were as adaptable as a rock?"

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

PreviousNext

Return to Northern Yurts