D5, EA, Body & Mind

Re: D5, EA, Body & Mind

Postby Togashi Udo on Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:15 am

"You got it translated? That was very quick. So, tell me of it." Udo looks on in interest.
Tattoo of a Crane * Tattoo of a Lion * Slightly Distracted * Simple robes & hat

Status: 1 | Glory: 1.1 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship: 15
More info.
Togashi Udo

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:38 pm

"Well... perhaps translated is not the correct word. But close enough, since I now know it's a copy of the Tao in Mekhem. Or more precisely, it's titled "The Tao of Mekhem and his Sayings". Finding out possible differences and such would take a theologian with a good grasp of both languages."
Unicorn Clan · Courtier · Merchant · Lucky! · Blingin' · Pacifist · Greedy · Scholar · Nerd · Shellfish Allergy · Gambler · Queen of Commerce
Honor: Expected | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy 0.1 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 8
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of shochu, sake cups, personal seal
profile · full summer robes
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Togashi Udo on Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:22 am

"Wait... is it the Tao of Shinsei in another language, or the Tao of someone else named Mekhem? I admit I'd find the first more interesting... though maybe Mekhem is an interesting person?"

Udo scratches his head. "I am definitely intrigued.... it seems you have brought a weapon against me," Udo says with a small smile.

More info.
Togashi Udo

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:43 am

Yukarin grinned, "Mekhem is the name the nomads gave Shinsei when he came to the Sands and brought order to Medinaat al-Salaam. So it IS the Tao of Shinsei, from what I know, as well as sayings and teachings he brought there that never made it back to the Empire."
Unicorn Clan · Courtier · Merchant · Lucky! · Blingin' · Pacifist · Greedy · Scholar · Nerd · Shellfish Allergy · Gambler · Queen of Commerce
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of shochu, sake cups, personal seal
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Togashi Udo on Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:27 am

"Hmm. It may be worth trying to learn another language for that." Udo nods to himself. "Very interesting. Now we shall definitely have to write one another."

More info.
Togashi Udo

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:16 pm

"Just in case I translate more of it? Not my wonderful poetry?"

She grins a little as she leans in towards him.
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Togashi Udo on Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:20 pm

Udo raises an eyebrow. "I would have to experience your wonderful poetry before commenting on it. Though in this case, you are competing with Shinsei... I expect you will make more sense, though, so there's that."

More info.
Togashi Udo

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:28 pm

"Hmm... I have never heard someone compare the Tao to poetry before... but I guess that makes some sense."

She gives a nod.
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Togashi Udo on Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:35 pm

Udo smiles a half smile. "There are many ways to try to say things without saying them."

"To be honest with you, Yukarin-san, I am much more at ease after our conversation. Recent events agitated my mind, and I wanted to speak to someone who was easy to converse with, and whose company I enjoyed." He bows to her. "Thank you."

"It has been nice to meet so many wonderful people outside of Dragon lands."

More info.
Togashi Udo

Previous

Return to Calm Heart Dojo