D5 [LE] Hail! Hail! Rock N Roll! (OPEN)

Re: D5 [LE] Hail! Hail! Rock N Roll! (OPEN)

Postby Matsu Kogo on Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:43 pm

She nods and follows his subject change. She smiles. "You missed out on both a blessing and a curse. Siblings tend to be both." She sipped the shochu, starting to feel it lightly filling her head. "What work did your parents do for their lord?"
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:11 am

"They are both bushi. My father trained with the Moto, while my mother followed the Shinjo school. My birth was... difficult, so after I was born she helped train me and the others my age. I was always one of the top students, so her teachings gained a small measure of repute." A small pause "While we don't hold any illustrious positions, we have the respect of our peers."
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Vain and Glorious • Tough • Idealistic • Bad with Money • Shiny Metal Shield
Glory: 0.2 • Status 1.0 • Honor: What is Expected • Just a little bit (in)famous • CP: 0
Carries: Daisho, Targe, Yumi, Knife
Wears: Expensive kimono, haori, Light armor when appropriate.
Horse: Harukaze
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Matsu Kogo on Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:18 am

She nods. "I am sorry to hear that it was a difficult time for your family, but it sounds as if they cared for you very much and you learned a great deal." She sipped her shochu. "The Moto seem... to have very different customs than the other Unicorn clan members. I heard they came from another area and chose to join the Unicorn on their travels. What role do they serve in the Unicorn?"

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:41 am

He shrugged. "We survive."

"The Moto were one of the first groups to join with the Unicorn in our travels. Most that we encountered respected little but strength, and at first the Moto were no different. We fought against them, and they found us to be a worthy foe. Neither side could gain an advantage. What decided the conflict was Shinjo-kami herself." He obviously liked this bit. "The Moto looked upon her and saw her majesty and honour, both on the battlefield and off. They saw in her a figure that respected all, and that deserved their loyalty. So they lay down their arms and presented themselves before her. Since that day, that have been a key part of our clan."

"The Moto have always been ferocious in combat. Shinjo-kami accepted this when she accepted them into our clan, and now they fight at the front of all our battles. Though their ways may appear a little... uncivilised at times to many in the empire, they are good people, just more passionate than most."
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Vain and Glorious • Tough • Idealistic • Bad with Money • Shiny Metal Shield
Glory: 0.2 • Status 1.0 • Honor: What is Expected • Just a little bit (in)famous • CP: 0
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Matsu Kogo on Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:44 am

She nods. "They do appear to be very...forthright. I could see the complexities but also the possibilities within such a style. Moto Butaj seems to be skilled in story telling. I was fortunate enough to hear one of his works around Otaku-sama at the funeral."

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:06 am

"They're very honest people, and their words carry the same weight as their weapons. I think that they have much to teach the other clans, if they will listen."
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Matsu Kogo on Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:09 am

She nods. "Rokugan...can have difficulties sometimes with new ideas. When one is used to a set way, it can be a challenge to adapt. I suspect some will do well and some will stumble and some will fall in between." She laughs a little. "I was impressed the Doji did not become quite irate when Moto Butaj smelled her at the first night's dinner. The Crane are often touchy about propriety and etiquette above what some of the other Clans feels is necessary."

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:14 am

Iuchi Saksaha wrote:"Oh, yes!" Saksaha nods. "His father is a famous sensei of my family. And the son... well, what do you think of him, Bayushi-san?" she asks, smiling.

Dong-Ha had been so adorably embarrassed when his girl cousins had asked what he was looking for in a young lady... surely he could use some help scouting his ground.

"The son...?" She questioned momentarily before continuing.

"Hai, he has told me about his father and how he comes from an important line of mystics who've pioneered much of your method. Quite a lineage! I find him to be good company...we're seeing each other a lot when I think about it. Funny enough, it started by coincidence, crossing paths in between places or ending up in the same place to watch over another former couple. Now we're just planning things out, he's been quite open, friendly and helpful!" She smiled brightly, brushing a bit of hair behind her ear. "I've been enjoying his company so far."
Scorpion Clan • Shrine Maiden • Diviner • Dangerously Cute • Slightly Short
Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Honour: Untrustworthy • Courtship Points: 9

Description, Artist Details in Description
Personal Effects: Wakizashi (where appropriate), scroll satchel, fan, jade charm, mask, fortune sticks, kawaru coins

Mamoru, Protector of Shrines
Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:26 am

Matsu Kogo wrote:She nods. "Rokugan...can have difficulties sometimes with new ideas. When one is used to a set way, it can be a challenge to adapt. I suspect some will do well and some will stumble and some will fall in between." She laughs a little. "I was impressed the Doji did not become quite irate when Moto Butaj smelled her at the first night's dinner. The Crane are often touchy about propriety and etiquette above what some of the other Clans feels is necessary."

Oh dear... he had hoped that would not come up. Someone should have warned them.
He trusted that full damage control wasn't necessary with her, but he still felt that an explanation was in order. "It's a form of greeting between two people of differing ages I believe. Nothing personal or offensive meant by it. Moto Butaj-san is perhaps an acquired taste, but he is a good man."
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Moto Butaj on Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:42 am

"Ours are rarely quiet. The Unicorn rarely just sit in their tents. We go out to be with each other, share food and song and stories. We stick together." Butaj smiles at Yurio. "Guests are always welcome. Lady Shinjo forbade us from marrying too close in family, so we have brought many bloodlines into the Unicorn and we look to those who come to us as those who can be one of us one day."
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Postby Matsu Kogo on Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:40 am

Shinjo Taichi wrote:
Matsu Kogo wrote:She nods. "Rokugan...can have difficulties sometimes with new ideas. When one is used to a set way, it can be a challenge to adapt. I suspect some will do well and some will stumble and some will fall in between." She laughs a little. "I was impressed the Doji did not become quite irate when Moto Butaj smelled her at the first night's dinner. The Crane are often touchy about propriety and etiquette above what some of the other Clans feels is necessary."

Oh dear... he had hoped that would not come up. Someone should have warned them.
He trusted that full damage control wasn't necessary with her, but he still felt that an explanation was in order. "It's a form of greeting between two people of differing ages I believe. Nothing personal or offensive meant by it. Moto Butaj-san is perhaps an acquired taste, but he is a good man."

She smiles. "Ahaha, that makes a great deal of sense. And yes, one can see his intentions on him as clear as day. He does not intend any harm and that is valuable." She pauses for a moment. "This evening, there was some other odd greeting gesture he used. I thought he was doing some odd sort of bow so I mirrored it. But then he...grabbed my hand and shook it quite vigorously. I was unsure of what the gesture is called. It seemed to be around greeting as well though."

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Matsu Yurio on Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:32 pm

Moto Butaj wrote:"Ours are rarely quiet. The Unicorn rarely just sit in their tents. We go out to be with each other, share food and song and stories. We stick together." Butaj smiles at Yurio. "Guests are always welcome. Lady Shinjo forbade us from marrying too close in family, so we have brought many bloodlines into the Unicorn and we look to those who come to us as those who can be one of us one day."

"Yes, Iuchi Saksaha-san said something about that. Bloodlines matter to the Lion. Matter a lot. At my gempukku I had to recite my lineage back to Lady Matsu herself."
Lion Clan * Bushi * Scout * Small * Daring * KITTEH *
Soon to be Purple KITTEH Doggeh Trainer

Glory 1.0 * Status 1.0 * Honour Exceptional * Courtship 3!

Carries: Daisho, fan, sake cup.
When permitted: No-dachi, light armour.
Sometimes accompanied by: Neko

Panthera leo matsu militarus-minimus
Matsu Yurio

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:05 pm

Matsu Kogo wrote:She smiles. "Ahaha, that makes a great deal of sense. And yes, one can see his intentions on him as clear as day. He does not intend any harm and that is valuable." She pauses for a moment. "This evening, there was some other odd greeting gesture he used. I thought he was doing some odd sort of bow so I mirrored it. But then he...grabbed my hand and shook it quite vigorously. I was unsure of what the gesture is called. It seemed to be around greeting as well though."

"Ah, that is simple. The clasping and shaking of hands is the greeting. It is supposed to represent mutual respect and a certain degree of cooperation. It is also sometimes used when an agreement is reached for the same reason." He smiled broadly "It is also used to measure strength and confidence. A strong grip represents a strong conviction." The smile turned a little mischevious. "Some individuals seem to take this quite far though, and things can become quite... heated.This usually only happens between friends though."
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Matsu Kogo on Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:08 pm

She listens intently. "So it becomes a sort of competition at times?" I hope Butaj did not think I was weak because I did not grip his hand. But then again, I did not strike him or reprimand him for touching me. Cultural exchange?

"Hmm. Casual touch is much more proscribed in Rokugan than it appears in the lands the Moto come from. It is something to consider and note, so that misunderstandings do not flourish." She pauses. "So, for the Shinjo, is touch as simple as for the Moto? Or do they adhere more to Rokugani precepts?"

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:22 pm

"I've seen two people walking away from a hand shake massaging their hands more than once. Some people are very keen to turn anything into a competition."

"The Shinjo... it depends on the person. Most would tend to more rokugani greetings, but it varies. The Otaku tend to be more rigid, while the Ide adapt to whatever seems familiar to the other party." He thinks for a moment. "I am probably more confortable with the rokugani greetings."
Shinjo Taichi

PreviousNext

Return to The Dueling Fields