[D6 EE] These Days [Open]

[D6 EE] These Days [Open]

Postby Ide Amaya on Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:22 pm

Lady Amatersu has descended in the sky, and her light has been replaced with Lord Moon's silver.

Amaya strolled across the Western Fields, away from Orochi's Fall, unhurried, Satsujin riding on her shoulder. There was still plenty of light, and the fields were quiet. Finding a place that seemed suitable, she unfolded her half-tatami mat and spread it on the ground. She sat, feet tucked underneath her, and carefully laid a small box in front of her knees. She had a waterskin as well, and this she placed beside her.

She gently plucked the weasel from her shoulder and set it on the grass in front of her. Immediately, the little creature leapt onto her her arm, intending to scramble back to her shoulder. She stopped him with a gentle hand and a firm look. Holding the little creature in place, she opened the box, it was filled with tiny pieces of cheese, boortsog, and dried meat. This captured Satsujin's attention.

"Yes, now I have you attention," she murmured, and picked a piece of dried meat. She waved it near the weasel's nose, "let's see if we can't do something about setting to ease the minds of those who encounter you, hrmm?" She smiles, "a good mannered little man who won't bite or nip."

She offers the weasel the piece in her hand, "a little something so you know what's on offer," she chuckled as the pet snatched the treat from her and greedily ate it. "We shall start with something easy," she promised, taking a piece of cheese from the box and bringing it to the shoulder the weasel wanted to climb on.

"Koko," she instructed firmly, and released Satsujin from her restraining grasp. The weasel was up her arm in a heartbeat, gnawing on the piece of cheese. "Yoi!" she praises warmly, and scratches the little creature's head. The weasel made a sort of cooing or chirping sound at how pleased his adopted master sounded when she spoke.

She scooped him up again and placed him in the grass. They repeated the command and the praise several times. She wasn't quite sure he was getting the connection, but they could practice more another day. She wondered if perhaps she should move on to something different.

---

Theme: These Days, Powderfinger
Animal Handling, Teach Command: 17 Success
• Unicorn Courtier • [Profile - Updated 4/29]
• Small • Gullible • Voice • Inner Gift (Animal Ken) • Love Actuary •
• Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 5 •
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Image Tokma - a Gaijin riding horse
Ide Amaya

Re: [D6 EE] These Days [Open]

Postby Moto Baatar on Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:52 am

Baatar was riding out in the fields in the evening twilight, and spotted Amaya playing with her weasel in the distance. Turning his steed in their direction, the young Moto approached at a walking pace.

"Um, hey Ide-san," Baatar said, stopping to dismount at a moderate distance to avoid startling the weasel.

"Do.. do you mind if I bother you? I could maybe use some advice on Ide stuff. You know, how to talk with the easterners and stuff."
Unicorn Clan • Samurai • Gaijin Name • Failure of Courtesy
Honor: Untrustworthy • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 4
carries: scimitar, wakizashi, shochu, puppy. when appropriate: Unicorn horse, riding armor
Moto Baatar

Postby Ide Amaya on Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:57 am

She bows her head in acknowledgement of the young Moto. "Hello, Baatar-San." She tapped her shoulder, "koko," and the weasel climbed up and watched the new arrivals with alert eyes. "Please, join me. I only have water to drink, but you are welcome to it if you desire."
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Ide Amaya

Postby Moto Baatar on Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:07 am

"Nah, that's okay," Baatar replied. "I'm not thirsty." He set his horse to graze, then turned to join Amaya.

"Oh hey, cute weasel." He approached Amaya and the weasel slowly, so as not to startle the animal. "What's it's name?"
carries: scimitar, wakizashi, shochu, puppy. when appropriate: Unicorn horse, riding armor
Moto Baatar

Postby Ide Amaya on Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:09 am

Smiling, "it's all right, he's quite tame. He's called Satsujin, he crawled into my yurt to escape the rain night before last, and now he won't leave my side."

Ide Amaya

Postby Moto Baatar on Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:48 am

"He seems well behaved considering you've only had him for two nights," Baatar commented. "I've seen a lot of weasels in this area, but most are not so friendly. How'd you tame him so fast?"
Moto Baatar

Postby Ide Amaya on Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:54 am

She chuckles softly, "I daresay he's tamed me. I know that many of the samurai who came out here hunting eggs were attacked. And I did see a number of weasels, but they definitely weren't hostile to me. I suppose I've always had a way with animals." She reaches up and scratches Satsujin behind the ear.

Ide Amaya

Postby Moto Baatar on Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:29 am

"I like animals, too, and mostly get along with them, but yeah, on that egg hunt those weasels weren't messing around," Baatar remembered. "I had to throw one of my eggs to a weasel pack to get them to leave me alone."

"Anyway... the thing I wanted to talk to you about," he said, shifting his weight uneasily as he got back to his original subject. "I ... uh ... like one of the easterner girls, but... well. I'm not quite sure how to get that across without giving offense."

"I've found a few ways that definitely don't work," Baatar admitted ruefully. "But with the stories the easterners are telling about us, I don't want to screw it up. I was hoping... with your Ide training... Maybe you could give me some advice." He looked at Amaya hopefully.
Moto Baatar

Postby Ide Amaya on Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:39 am

She blushed lightly at the mention of the rumours. "Perhaps you could begin by telling me some of the things you have tried that did not work? And we could go from there?"

Ide Amaya

Postby Moto Baatar on Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:23 am

"Well... um." Baatar paused for a long moment before speaking.

"It turns out when an eastern girl invites you to their yurt, it doesn't mean they want to 'do it,' " he admitted, sounding a little embarrassed. "It's kinda confusing."
Moto Baatar

Postby Ide Amaya on Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:32 am

"Fortunes be kind," she murmurs. "There is more to courtship than... sex," the word is a little strange on her tongue. "And even if that is what a woman desires, you simply cannot charge into these things like a battle on horseback. You may mean well, but you need to show her that she is more to you than a mare in heat."

I can't believe I'm doing this, she thinks, but persists. "Converse with her, show her that you are interested in things other than physical pleasure." She peers at the young man, "what else have you tried?"

Ide Amaya

Postby Moto Baatar on Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:46 am

"I did try talking with her," Baatar protested. "After we had our, umm, misunderstanding. I guess she did like that better."

"One of my cousins told me to give her flowers," he added. "I was going to try that next, but...well, I'm pretty sure my cousins have something to do with the rumors that are flying around about how we're a bunch of animals. So I'm not sure."
Moto Baatar

Postby Ide Amaya on Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:50 am

She nods, "flowers are a thoughtful gift, and I am sure that your lady friend will be pleased to accept them. When you give them to her, be sure to say something kind. And polite," she adds hurriedly.

"Does this lady have any interests? Does she like to play music, or dance perhaps?"

Ide Amaya

Postby Moto Baatar on Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:58 am

Ide Amaya wrote:She nods, "flowers are a thoughtful gift, and I am sure that your lady friend will be pleased to accept them. When you give them to her, be sure to say something kind. And polite," she adds hurriedly.

"Alright," Baatar nodded. "Uh... what kind of thing should I say? 'I brought flowers' isn't enough?"

Ide Amaya wrote:"Does this lady have any interests? Does she like to play music, or dance perhaps?"

"I dunno," he admitted. "I.. I think she likes tea. But everybody likes tea. How do I find out whether she likes other things?"
Moto Baatar

Postby Ide Amaya on Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:09 am

She continues to smile politely, never letting show her surprise, six days ago I was no better, she recalls. "Tell her... tell her that her company honours you and that are humbled by her presence," she says to his first question, leaving out what she hoped was the obvious 'no, "I bought you flowers" isn't enough'.

"You can find out what her interests are by asking her. That is the easiest way. Say to her: do you enjoy music? Or ask her if she plays an instrument. If you like her, it should be easy enough to speak to her about these things. If you enjoy her company you will undoubtably find the hours fly away as she talks."

Ide Amaya

Next

Return to The Western Fields