D5, EA, Body & Mind

Re: D5, EA, Body & Mind

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:26 pm

"Hai... for the people that are attending and what their decisions mean for the Unicorn and beyond..."

Yukarin frowned slightly, staring off into the distance a moment before looking up at Udo with a half smile, "Still, I suppose we didn't come here for gloomy worrying, no?"
Unicorn Clan · Courtier · Merchant · Lucky! · Blingin' · Pacifist · Greedy · Scholar · Nerd · Shellfish Allergy · Gambler · Queen of Commerce
Honor: Expected | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy 0.1 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 8
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of shochu, sake cups, personal seal
profile · full summer robes
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Togashi Udo on Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:28 pm

"No indeed." Udo thinks for a moment.

"I met an interesting Crab the other day, a Yasuki Tomonaga. I found him most interesting."
Tattoo of a Crane * Tattoo of a Lion * Slightly Distracted * Simple robes & hat

Status: 1 | Glory: 1.1 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship: 15
More info.
Togashi Udo

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:43 pm

"And easy on the eyes, like a certain Togashi I can think of."

She smiled softly, "Still, I don't suspect that is why you brought him up."
Unicorn Clan · Courtier · Merchant · Lucky! · Blingin' · Pacifist · Greedy · Scholar · Nerd · Shellfish Allergy · Gambler · Queen of Commerce
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of shochu, sake cups, personal seal
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Togashi Udo on Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:47 pm

"Because he is pretty? No..." Udo blushes and smiles.

"I thought of you when I met him. You two seem... similar. Perhaps in a good way?" Udo walks to one of the nearby walls. "I thought it worth mentioning, as a friend. And, admittedly, as a topic change."

More info.
Togashi Udo

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:44 pm

"I will admit he and I have talked a few times; And he is one of the men here I would be happy with choosing me. So there's that. I guess I never thought about any non-Unicorn here BEING like me..."

She tapped her chin thoughtfully.
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Togashi Udo on Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:50 pm

Udo points to her. "It's more there. You both think before speaking, at least more than most. But, unlike most who do, it's not coming from a guarded or reserved place. It's coming from a thoughtful one."

Udo walks over before her. "He is one you'd be happy with being chosen by? Iuchi-san, that is an odd statement to make from someone who will almost definitely be the one doing the choosing. You are high on the lists, and it seems likely you'll go higher. Perhaps it's most important to consider who you would choose?"

Sighing, Udo continues: "Of course, I have a similar issue. In some ways, it would be easier to be chosen. I do not want to feel that I elected someone who did not elect me."

More info.
Togashi Udo

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:31 am

It was a lot to respond to, "Hmm... well, if I had to say, I would say you seem the thoughtful sort too. As to my choice... isn't it a bit early to say that, Udo-san?"

She gave him a little grin, "Or do you think my winning one Ide event will be enough to carry me?"
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Togashi Udo on Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:36 am

"It is early, and yet not. It's all a bit of a whirlwind to me."

"I think you started promising and have gotten more so. Someone as skilled as you will probably see more success in their future."

...and then he realized she called him by his first name and switched from sama to san, and his whole face went red.

More info.
Togashi Udo

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:46 am

"I can certainly hope so; I just imagine those skills of mine aren't the sorts of things the Moto or even Otaku will be testing. Certainly the Shinjo did not. I guess I can hope my time with the Iuchi prepared me for their events. Of course, this is all just theory..."

She noticed his red face... but wasn't really sure the cause. So she examined her clothes as she talked to make sure she hadn't had a wardrobe malfunction.
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Togashi Udo on Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:51 am

Udo recovered his composure a bit as she spoke, but found it odd how she had become interested in her clothes. Perhaps she was also a little uncomfortable talking to him?

"Perhaps you are right. You know the families better than I. Though, regardless, you are still highly regarded in the standings. I have some hope of climbing more myself... though I also fear it. What if I had to choose first? I don't have an idea where to begin."

More info.
Togashi Udo

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:59 am

"No? Hm.... Well, I certainly have some idea how it would go for me, but I can at least say it would neither be easy nor simple; There will be a lot of pressure on those picking early. Not just to pick matches that are beneficial for their Clans and ones that will produce harmonious marriages, but also to not cause perceived slight or start any vendettas. I will not shy away from such responsibility if it should indeed fall on me, but that does not change the circumstances."
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Togashi Udo on Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:19 am

Udo smiles. "That sounds like a perfectly Iuchi Yukarin thing to say. Perhaps I am lucky that I am a Dragon, and these things are of slightly less concern. Though I do wish the standings indicated more than just positioning." Udo has a sudden thought of trying to add a second list of standings that added more information, but dismisses it as ridiculous.

"It is frustrating to speak of the future without having a gift for it. Perhaps back to the past?" He looks up to the dojo's ceiling.

More info.
Togashi Udo

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:34 am

"There has been a lot of that lately," Yukarin says, walking over to a wooden beam and leaning against it with her back, "Speaking of the past, catching up, learning. It is certainly the kind of thing I enjoy... though I wonder sometimes if I avoid my future by doing that."
Iuchi Yukarin

Postby Togashi Udo on Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:38 am

"You are more powerful than I imagined if you can avoid your future, Iuch... Yukarin-san." A blush. "I would not worry about avoiding your future, it will always catch you. Though I do think you have less control over where it goes if you spend all your time in the past."

"Speaking of, did you do anything yet with the book with the funny words?"

More info.
Togashi Udo

Postby Iuchi Yukarin on Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:46 am

"Ah!!"

Yukarin stood up a little and reached right for her book bag, "I was going to be bringing it to the book lending service they are setting up, but I got it translated!"

She pulls out the red book from her bag.
Iuchi Yukarin

PreviousNext

Return to Calm Heart Dojo