[Day 6 Late Morning] Lion Breakfast Time

Re: [Day 6 Late Morning] Lion Breakfast Time

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:07 pm

"Ah, of course, but we're talking about what we would prefer, no?" she put on her most innocent face, but yes, she certainly seemed more like a teasing little sister now that was very very carefully poking at her morning-grumpy older brother.

"I mean, I know at least one lady of the Unicorn who likes you..." Ok, lady is maybe a bit too much of a stretch for Khulun, she thought.
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Matsu Nintoku on Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:14 pm

The Lion was not going to give up so easily and if there was something he was used to it was dealing with annoying sisters.

"Perhaps there are many," he admitted. "Although I seriously doubt it."
Lion Clan • Bushi • Hero • Kuge • Sometimes Smiles • Cuter Than A Goat
Honor: Exceptional | Glory: 3.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 3
Carries: Daisho, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Khulun's EXQUISITE fan.
Description
Matsu Nintoku

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:18 pm

The Hare laughed sweetly.

"Sorry, but don't sell yourself short, Matsu-sama. You're an exceptional man of high integrity, and any woman here would be lucky to wed you. And the one who is the most interested has expressed it so... I don't know how the Unicorn do things, but she seems to have made her claim on you, in a way."

She looked a little more serious now, as she showed more concern for his well-being. "... Or is it that you don't like her? I'm sure she'd understand if you told her...?"
ProfileMusic

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Matsu Nintoku on Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:27 pm

The blush finally broke on his cheeks.

"I know who you're speaking of Usagi-san," there was no sense keeping the charade. "I don't know," he admitted before looking down. "I... enjoy her company but... I do not understand her."
Description
Matsu Nintoku

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:30 pm

"Hm..." the Hare hummed thoughtfully. "... I admit that their ways can seem a little strange at times, but I find her to be a very honest and straightforward woman. Matsu-sama, if I may be of some assistance, as I believe the two of you could be a good match, what about her is it that you don't understand?"

Tomoe cast a glance around to check that there weren't anyone eavesdropping nearby. "You have my word that I will treat your words in the strictest confidence."
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

Postby Matsu Nintoku on Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:48 pm

The Lion had no reason to distrust the Hare so with a nod he continued.

"I do not understand..." he frowned as he struggled to find the correct way to put it. "I don't understand if she likes me. I do not understand how to deal with her and I certainly don't know how to go from here."

He tapped his fingers nervously
Description
Matsu Nintoku

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:27 am

"Whether or not she likes you, it seems more likely she does, no?" the Hare suggested with a kind smile. "Either way, just ask her. She will answer you truthfully... Moto-san isn't the type to beat around the bush."

"How to go from there, and deal with her... well, that is a more difficult one." Tomoe lowered her voice, not wanting to cause too much embarrassment for Nintoku. "I am guessing you've never been romantic with someone before?"
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

Postby Matsu Nintoku on Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:23 pm

The Matsu almost choked after her question, coughing up his tea as his cheeks flared "Of course not!" he quickly blurted in a perhaps too loud tone before saying once more in a more calm and lower tone "Of course not."

The Usagi could probably tell that the Matsu was, behind his stoic exterior, a fairly shy and introverted person. Possibly awkward too.
Description
Matsu Nintoku

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:27 pm

Tomoe resisted the urge to smile at his outburst, and instead calmly just put the tortoise down on the table before looking directly at the Matsu.

"It's nothing to be embarrassed about, Matsu-sama." There's a first time for everyone, after all. "My advice to you is take your time to think about how you feel about Moto-san, and to be honest with her about those feelings you have. Spend time with her, learn to know her better... that is what a miai is for, neh?"
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

Postby Matsu Nintoku on Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:37 pm

The Matsu stared at her dumbfounded. "Usagi-san," he spoke in the calmest tone he could muster. "Us Matsu are not very... expressive."
Description
Matsu Nintoku

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:45 pm

Tomoe smirked. "That depends on the Matsu, I'd say. Lady Matsu was very expressive in her actions, no?" Sure, not in a romantic way, but all accounts of the first Matsu painted her as a rather outspoken woman.

"That aside though, think of it as... hmmmm..." she tapped her chin in thought as she tried to find a comparison that would be easier for Nintoku to understand. "Stratagem Sixteen: in order to capture, one must let loose. Not in the exact detail of the stratagem though, but the point is similar - you cannot win if you don't give up some of yourself. I'm not asking you to write songs and poems in her honor, of course, but you seem to manage well at talking one-on-one."
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

Postby Matsu Nintoku on Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:34 pm

The Lion didn't seem very surprised about the Hare's quote after all she was a well read woman and it was only normal that she'd read one of the most influential books in the Empire.

"I am expressive in certain situations," he admitted referring obviously to battle. "Though I do not think they have a place in a courtly setting."

"As to your suggestion," he rubbed his chin. "How do I give myself in this situation?"
Description
Matsu Nintoku

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:43 pm

"Let down your guard. Don't assume that everyone is trying to tease you or gain an advantage over you," she chuckled. He really was a bit uptight. "Allow yourself to be vulnerable in private with those you like... it shows how much you trust them."

"Like... when alone with her, you can be honest and speak of things you normally wouldn't. Like what makes you scared, what you think about when you think of her... your hopes and dreams for the future...?" Tomoe suggested, trying to not make things too awkward for the poor Matsu.
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

Postby Matsu Nintoku on Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:52 pm

The Lion mood darkened as he considered another person in which he had opened up and how the sting of betrayal had followed up shortly after. He nodded slowly still not very convinced.

"I can see the merit in that Usagi-san," he admitted remembering of the times where he baited his enemies in order to struck deadly blows. "Though I also see the glaring defects in it."

"Is it really worth it?" he said truthfully.
Description
Matsu Nintoku

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:54 pm

"That is in the end only for you to decide, Matsu-sama. Yes, I know it's not the best answer, but in this case it is the only right one," she smiled.

"Speaking for myself, I would rather take chances and maybe get hurt, than to regret not having dared it at all."
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

PreviousNext

Return to The Administrative Center