To The Ancestors For Guidance (Day 6 EM)

To The Ancestors For Guidance (Day 6 EM)

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:16 pm

Mizuki came to pray. She was in a simple brown kimono. What was most different from her usual self was her mask. Rather than the her usual full face mask, it was a scrap of a kimono tied covering her nose and mouth. Anyone who sees her would see her natural blue eyes and white hair that marks her as a descendant of the Crane Clan. Once at the shrine, she takes it off and begins her prayers.

So, Kakita-shiryo..... I am your descendant. I need to accept that. I did not know the man who... my... my father. I did not know my father. I doubt he even knew I existed. Nor do I think it would have pleased him. But... but that changes nothing. It is his looks that I see the mirror. I need... I need to accept that side of me. I... I am not betrayal personified. I am Yogo Mizuki, daughter of Kakita Takashi and Yogo Ruri. Mizuki takes a minute to let that sink in. She grew up thinking of herself as betrayal itself. She's trying to take the monk's advice. But it is hard. Hopefully, this is a first step. Maybe if she accept's her real father's heritage, she will one day be able to look in the mirror and not see something to be disgusted by. Maybe she will be able to truly love. The Curse will happen, but right now, Mizuki knows she doesn't need the Curse to hurt people. She wants to be better.

Forgive me Kakita-shiryo for denying you all these years. I... I will do better. I, of course, cannot shame my father who has accepted me as his own. But I will no longer deny you in my heart. It was tough. She hated this part of herself for so long. She still did. She hated when people called her pretty even though she knew technically she was. She hated seeing herself in the mirror. She hated seeing the pain and anger in her family's eyes when they look at her. She hated the pain she causes by just existing. Her talk to her ancestor didn't change any of this. But she hoped it was a start. She at least felt more at peace with her ancestor.
Scorpion Merchant * Kuge * Blessed By Daikoku * Wealthy * Black Sheep

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Re: To The Ancestors For Guidance (Day 6 EM)

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:31 pm

Tomonaga didn't often pray. And yet, here he was, going to the shrine for the second time that week. Already dressed in the traveling kimono he knew he'd be needing later, he strode easily up the hill to where the shrine was.

As he approached, though, the figure already there, gave him pause. The white hair indicated a Crane, of course; he was not at the right angle to see the blue eyes. As he drew closer, though, he spotted the mons of a Scorpion. And, as he drew closer still, he noted that the woman wore no mask. Tomonaga did have an eye for a pretty face, but it was her expression that caused his breath to catch. It seemed that she was here for a reason. Tomonaga studied her a few moments longer, drawing on his training, trying to solve the mystery.

While Crab might be coarse, there were limits. He wasn't about to interrupt someone in prayer. He knelt not far away, beginning his own devotions, but resolving to bring them to a stop before the mysterious woman left.

------------------------

Yasuki technique! Commerce/perception, +1 FR, D6 EM: 5d10o10k3+5 31. Resisted with Etiquette/Awareness. If I win, PM me "some material object or service you desire". Using it just to get an idea of who she is as a person, btw.
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Status: 2 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Courtship points: 6
Carries: Sake bottle, sake cups
Description
Final Drinking Count: 22/38 threads
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:39 pm

Mizuki was inscrutable to the Yasuki. Mizuki finished her prayers and returned her cloth mask.

She got up and began to make her way back to her room....

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:47 pm

Scorpion, always so hard to read. As Mizuki rose, clearly intending to leave, courtesy warred with curiousity in Tomonaga's mind. It went about how it usually did. He was a Crab, after all.

Coming to a quick stop in his devotions, Tomonaga stood, bowing. "Yogo-sama." He said, his tone polite, although perhaps a little hurried. "Yasuki Tomonaga. I hope the day is a good one for you so far?"
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:56 pm

Mizuki returns the bow. "This one is Yogo Mizuki. It..." She wasn't sure honest. Then she realized as hard as it was, there was some lifted off of her shoulders. "It has been. It is a pleasure to meet you. I hope the morning shines brightly for you as well."

Yogo Mizuki

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:00 pm

"It does." Tomonaga said, his tone growing a bit more cheerful. "I suppose it hasn't been perfect, and it's a little early to say how it's gonna be later, but it gives me reason to hope, I would say."

He gave a tiny shrug and a crooked smile. "I came here because I felt in need of guidance. The shrine I mean, not the miai. I suppose I should come more often when I'm not necessarily in need of guidance, but..." He shrugged again. "Maybe I'll just end up needing a lot of guidance."
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:11 pm

Mizuki nods. "Hai. I suppose I am in the same boat. Though I guess it can be forgiven. Our choices are ones that need guidance." Her tone is positive and friendly. Though she was not going to ask what kind of guidance he didn't, but she was open to listening. Scorpions are great listeners after all.

Yogo Mizuki

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:41 pm

"Hmmm. Good point, Yogo-sama." He said, inclining his head with a smile.

It almost felt as though there was a sweat drop appearing on his brow, although he was pretty sure there wasn't. Scorpion so often ended up with the upper hand in conversations. And yet, he felt compelled to keep trying. "Yes. The miai certainly gives us a lot of chances to, well..." He cleared his throats. "I am finding the contests enjoyable, even those that I'm not the best suited for. I believe I've heard you're doing well there, Yogo-sama." He said, bowing. In fact, he was pretty sure she'd placed in the same event he had, if he'd remembered the name correctly.
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:19 pm

"Thank you. Though much of my standings are based on my status." Mizuki gives a friendly smile which may be seen outlined by her mask. "I have enjoyed many of the contests. I wonder what today's will be?" Except the egg hunt. Damn weasels.

"Of course, don't think I haven't heard of you too, Yasuki-san. You're the one to thank for much of the sake available. It is appreciated." Mizuki bows.

Yogo Mizuki

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:30 pm

"I would expect it would have something to do with horses." Tomonaga said. "But the Unicorn have been pretty creative. They certainly could surprise me. I never would have guess the one with the eggs, for instance." He gave a tiny shudder.

As they talked, Tomonaga relaxed a little. Mizuki seemed cheerful enough. Perhaps she just prayed very intensely.

He smiled at the mention of his sake. "Oh, thanks, Yogo-sama. It's my pleasure. I'm glad you've been enjoying it." He bowed in return. "I'm pleased that the Unicorn have been enjoying it as well. Kumis, on the other hand, seems to not have been such a hit with the other guests." He shrugged. "But the Unicorn certainly seem to adapt quickly."
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:46 pm

Mizuki closed her eyes at the mention of the eggs.

"I suppose it isn't a surprise. The Unicorn are likely better at adapting to new foods and drinks than we are. Though I thought the kumis wasn't too bad. I still prefer sake though."

A Yasuki I don't want to beat to death with my shoe. This is nice.

"I have even started learning how to brew my own. Though it is no where near as good as yours." Yet.

Yogo Mizuki

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:52 pm

That brought a grin to Tomonaga's lips. "Me too, actually. I'm hoping to bring some back, surprise my family. But also, yeah, it was interesting. Fizzy. One of the Unicorn ladies is supposed to share some with me soon."

"Really?" Tomonaga's eyebrows went up. "Ummm... do you plan to... hmmm." He frowned. Sometimes samurai could be touchy around mercantile matters, although a Scorpion would be less likely to be. Still... "I know samurai sometimes do that as a hobby. Is that it, or..." He shrugged. "Either way, I'd be happy to talk shop. No trade secrets, of course. Although my eldest sister would be the one who has those, anyway."
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:02 pm

Mizuki seemed to read the Yasuki's mind. "I was not born with the gift of the kami, so I took up the other duty of the Yogo. Like your family, I am proud of what I do for my Clan, even if it is not.... polite." Mizuki shrugs. "A benefit of being a Scorpion. Though right now, my sake is a hobby. Maybe if I get it right, I can use it to further my duties."

Yogo Mizuki

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:53 am

"Mmmm." Tomonaga said, his lips twisting sympathetically. "Yeah, I think I know what you mean. Not polite, not all that glorious, either." He eyed Mizuki with new respect.

"But if you're using it to further your duties, that's interesting." He stroked his chin thoughtfully. "In that case, I'd suspect you'd want to go the artisan route. Every barrel is special. The highest quality ingredients and barrels. That sort of thing, eh?"
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:47 am

"I think there may be a misunderstanding. I was thinking more an addition to the diverse selections I offer rather than gifts to my interests. Of course, I want it to be high quality. But the idea of if being drank from Phoenix to the Crab is an enticing possibility. I'm sure you understand, albeit more likely to see it happen."

Mizuki considers the possibilities. "Though, the idea of a more selective brand is an interesting one..."

Yogo Mizuki

Next

Return to The Shrine of the Emerald Champion