[D5 EE] Final Rites (OPEN)

Re: [D5 EE] Final Rites (OPEN)

Postby Miya Mei on Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:59 pm

Otaku Imane wrote:
Imane nodded. "Especially if the Miya spread those tales during their travels. Seppun-sama tells me that your family travel far and wide."

She looked at the way the woman sat on her pony. "Are you hoping to join the Unicorn Miya-san, or to take a husband back to join the Imperial families?"

"I certainly will, mortal man, or woman in this case, overcoming a godly being is quite the tale. Many will hear of Otaku-sama, I am certain. And you heard correctly, my family spreads news to all the corners of the Empire."

Mei glances back to Yurio and nods, seeing him speaking with the Iuchi. She turns back to Imane ans takes a sip from her cup.

"I am happy with either. I would like to come into your clan, but being an Imperial makes that difficult. Though I must confess, I did not approach you this eve to discuss my future, but anothers"
Imperial | Duelist | Kakita Trained | Unmarriable
Honor: Exceptional | Glory: 1.0 |Infamy 1.0 | Status 1.5 | CP: -2

Description

Wielder of an elegantly decorated katana, Meng. D8+ carries Shinjo Kemuri's Fan
Miya Mei

Postby Otaku Imane on Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:30 pm

"Oh, one of the Seppun perhaps? Please continue Miya-san." She kept her expression polite, wondering where this was going.
Unicorn • Shiotome • Prodigy • Musical • Honest • Gaijin Name • Archer • Lancer • Singer
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0.1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question | Courtship Points: 9
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Flute, Light armour (where appropriate)
Carried by: Almatar (Otaku warhorse, where appropriate)
Otaku Imane

Postby Miya Mei on Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:34 pm

"No, actually it is for the Lion. I have met a Matsu this evening I think would fit well into your family."

She motions toward Yurio

"He is fresh from his training and has much to show the world of his worth. Yet his family name demands when he marries he looses it, as Matsu are led by women."

Mei looks back to Imane.

"I understand the Otaku are the same."

Description

Miya Mei

Postby Matsu Kogo on Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:43 pm

Shinjo Liu Yue wrote:Yue stopped and listened to the end of the story. At the end of it she nodded. "In the name of her sacrifice!" she exclaimed and then drank the rest of her bowl. She then handed it off and pulled out her cup of sake. "Moto-san," she said to Butaj, "I am ready if the offer still stands."

She looked to the Lion and smiled. "Watakushi wa Shinjo Liu Yue desu," she said, proceeded with a bow. She then looked at Mizuki, trying to gauge her attitude.

Kogo bows to the Yogo and the Shinjo. "It is good to meet you. Yogo-san, it is good to see you again. I hope you are well. "She raises her cup after the Moto fills it. "to Otaku-sama and her bravery!"
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Postby Matsu Yurio on Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:10 pm

Iuchi Dong-Ha wrote:"I wouldn't dream of insulting anyone that important." he shook his head. Just don't want to be her lapdog... "Not even sure why they'd want to each me a lesson... with a sword. The whole occasion.." Dong-Ha spread his arms. "Was Crane idea. To help us assimilate into the Empire."

"Well, of course we had legends... and of course Togashi Myo-En-san's words were passed among us, the Heavens thank for her guidance." Dong-Ha replied. "But still, very few things ever turn out quite like you'd expect them to? Eight hundred years is a long, long time."

Crane idea? . . . Oh that explains soooooooooooo much.

"Then the less misunderstandings the better."
Lion Clan * Bushi * Scout * Small * Daring * KITTEH *
Soon to be Purple KITTEH Doggeh Trainer

Glory 1.0 * Status 1.0 * Honour Exceptional * Courtship 3!

Carries: Daisho, fan, sake cup.
When permitted: No-dachi, light armour.
Sometimes accompanied by: Neko

Panthera leo matsu militarus-minimus
Matsu Yurio

Postby Otaku Imane on Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:29 am

Miya Mei wrote:"No, actually it is for the Lion. I have met a Matsu this evening I think would fit well into your family."

She motions toward Yurio

"He is fresh from his training and has much to show the world of his worth. Yet his family name demands when he marries he looses it, as Matsu are led by women."

Mei looks back to Imane.

"I understand the Otaku are the same."

"Oh, I met Matsu Yurio-san at the feast on the first day of the miai. I enjoyed our time together, but we have not met since."

She looked over at the sensibly sized Lion and then back at Mei.

"The Otaku and the Matsu do seem to have many things in common. You are correct that by tradition it is Otaku women who retain the family name."
Unicorn • Shiotome • Prodigy • Musical • Honest • Gaijin Name • Archer • Lancer • Singer
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0.1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question | Courtship Points: 9
Otaku Imane

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:45 am

Matsu Yurio wrote:
Crane idea? . . . Oh that explains soooooooooooo much.

"Then the less misunderstandings the better."

"Indeed." Dong-Ha nodded, trying to see if he could spy the Miya. "Also... I am not sure this is the time, or the place for games like this, though I understand if Matsu-san feels like his hand was forced."
Unicorn Clan • Mystic
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.3 • Courtship: 2

"Power is what you think it is."
Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Gaijin riding horse: Poppy
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Moto Butaj on Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:19 am

Doing what he is supposed to do, Butaj fills the cups with a broad smile as they all drink for Chi-pu. A bit of good Mekhem only adds to that.
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Postby Miya Mei on Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:04 am

Otaku Imane wrote:"Oh, I met Matsu Yurio-san at the feast on the first day of the miai. I enjoyed our time together, but we have not met since."

She looked over at the sensibly sized Lion and then back at Mei.

"The Otaku and the Matsu do seem to have many things in common. You are correct that by tradition it is Otaku women who retain the family name."

"You should take some time to get to know him, Otaku-sama. He seems to lack the hot headedness the Matsu generally are known for, and he also has a willingness to obey. I think he could serve very well as a husband to a warrior such as yourself. Plus being a Matsu, I would also assume he knows his way around animals. Finally, he was trained at the Akodo war college, so Honor guides him in all things."

Mei sits very relaxed atop Ti-Lu, who has long since given up being alert. The pony lazily grazes on any nearby grass he can reach

Description

Miya Mei

Postby Matsu Yurio on Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:39 pm

Iuchi Dong-Ha wrote:
"Indeed." Dong-Ha nodded, trying to see if he could spy the Miya. "Also... I am not sure this is the time, or the place for games like this, though I understand if Matsu-san feels like his hand was forced."

He shrugged.

"Miya-sama seemed to think that funerals were the perfect place for this kind of thing. I am not sure I would actually agree with her."

Matsu Yurio

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:48 pm

Matsu Yurio wrote:He shrugged.

"Miya-sama seemed to think that funerals were the perfect place for this kind of thing. I am not sure I would actually agree with her."

"Either way, I think I would prefer to be alone for a while. It has been a long day after all." Dong-Ha asked, his voice soft. "I will... make sure Miya-sama finds nothing to complain if she ever talks with me."
Unicorn Clan • Mystic
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.3 • Courtship: 2

"Power is what you think it is."
Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Gaijin riding horse: Poppy
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Matsu Yurio on Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:35 pm

Yurio bowed with stiff military precision.

"As you wish, Iuchi-san."

Then he rejoined the mourning group.

I am so never talking to an Imperial willingly again.

Matsu Yurio

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:52 pm

Matsu Kogo wrote:Kogo bows to the Yogo and the Shinjo. "It is good to meet you. Yogo-san, it is good to see you again. I hope you are well. "She raises her cup after the Moto fills it. "to Otaku-sama and her bravery!"

Yue thanked kind Butaj for giving her a drink. She drank once more to the toast and then kept her eyes on the Lion. So far, she had heard only poor things regarding the militaristic Clan. However, she was unwilling to let the words of others shape the whole story. "Matsu-san, how are you finding the miai?" She blinked and then shook her head. "I am speaking of beyond this event." Instead of saying anything more, she filled her mouth with sake.
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Matsu Kogo on Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:00 pm

She paused, wanting to swallow the toast before responding. "I am finding it a great honor to be some of the first to meet the Unicorn clan and learn their customs and ways. I have found that there are moments of....misunderstanding but that with time and explanation, we will have a great deal to offer each other." She pauses. "I was honored to spend time with and get to know Otaku Chi-pu. She was one of the first Unicorn clan members I met and she impressed me greatly."
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Postby Otaku Imane on Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:45 pm

Miya Mei wrote:"You should take some time to get to know him, Otaku-sama. He seems to lack the hot headedness the Matsu generally are known for, and he also has a willingness to obey. I think he could serve very well as a husband to a warrior such as yourself. Plus being a Matsu, I would also assume he knows his way around animals. Finally, he was trained at the Akodo war college, so Honor guides him in all things."

Mei sits very relaxed atop Ti-Lu, who has long since given up being alert. The pony lazily grazes on any nearby grass he can reach

Imane thought about that and looked back towards the Lion who was talking with one of the Iuchi. "He does sound like a promising prospect Miya-san, and I enjoyed our previous conversation. Matsu-san is also a warrior however, how well would he take to looking after a household do you think?"
Otaku Imane

PreviousNext

Return to The Dueling Fields