[D6 LA] Fair Trade

[D6 LA] Fair Trade

Postby Ide Samai on Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:18 pm

Samai was waiting, armed with scent of roses and touches of make up. Scirocco was next to her, a silent bodyguard of stout strength. Outwarldy, she seemed calm and content. Hopefully. Internally, she was fuming.

The kamebegotten Mogo again! I swear, they are spawns of the Fortune of Misbehavior It's the Great Bride Kidnapping all over again! They just had to kidnap the sultana before her wedding, because she made doe eyes at the khan. Of course.

She started pacing while waiting. If Tomo- I mean, Yasuki-kun, erm.. san, decided that he would prefer someone else after this, I won't blame him. I'll blame Butaj.
Unicorn Emissary * Gaijin Rose * Storyteller
Honor: What is expected * Status: 2.0 * Glory: 0.0 * Courtship: 2
Carries: Wakizashi, Fan, perfume (rose), coin purse
Ide Samai

Re: [D6 LA] Fair Trade

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:13 pm

Samai didn't need to wait long. Tomonaga was prompt.

He approached quickly, his long legs taking him through the field easily. Spotting Samai (and Scirocco, of course), since he was still at some distance, he gave a wave. As he got closer, one could see that he looked rather pleased. He hadn't had time to change, but the kimono he wore to the event still looked fresh, and Tomonaga somehow didn't have a hair out of place.

As he finally drew close, Tomonaga bowed, his brown eyes glinting as he looked at Samai. "Ide-san! It's good to see you again." He said, smiling. "And Scirocco! I don't know if I actually did well enough to place, but I did quite well at the event, with his help. I'm not sure whether to thank you or him."
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Status: 2 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Courtship points: 6
Carries: Sake bottle, sake cups
Description
Final Drinking Count: 22/38 threads
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Ide Samai on Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:00 pm

"Always praise the horse. Don't worry if he gets too taken away... I'll handle ti from there." Samai's voice was awkward and a bit tight.... He doesn't seem different from the other day.

"Good to see you too.... your display today was quite impressive Yasuki-san."
Ide Samai

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:09 pm

Tomonaga chuckled. "Well, then, I'll take your advice. Thank you, Scirocco." He said, inclining his head to the horse. Bowing seemed a little much, really.

He brightened further at her praise. "Ah, thank you. I'm sure that there'll be others who will do better, but not so bad for a courtier eh?" His smile on her was warm. "I'm glad you were watching me, Ide-san. That means a lot."

Trained as he was, though, Tomonaga began to notice the little signs of distress Samai was showing. His smile faded a touch, his forehead creasing with worry. "Is something the matter Ide-san? Everything's okay, right?" He took a small step closer, seemingly not even realizing he did so.
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Ide Samai on Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:18 pm

"I am happy to watch you Yasuki-san." She blushed a deeper red than in their previous encounter. "I... just would not like to cause you any problems by association. After what happened... you have a bright future Yasuki-san. I wouldn't want to cause problems."

She caressed the horse, who seemed to enjoy the care.
Ide Samai

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:29 pm

The pleased flicker of a grin faded quickly into confusion. "Well..." He began hesitantly. "I appreciate your regard for my future, Ide-san. But if there is something about you that would cause me problems by association, well, I don't know anything about it. Ummm..." He spread his hands. "Would you feel more comfortable telling me what it is, or not telling me? I'm okay with it either way."

He smiled again, then, a comforting one, his eyes still warm. "But since I don't know anything against you, Ide-san, I don't see why I shouldn't continue to spend time with you. After all, I was really looking forward to this ride, and I did pick out a story I think you're really going to enjoy."
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Ide Samai on Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:32 pm

"Well, I am sure you heard the rumors about the... Unicorn." The job of the Ide is to smile while you are being slandered. The well being of the Unicorn is worth the sacrifice of your face, she recalled one of her earliest mantras.

"An honorable man like yourself deserves not to be dragged down." She smiled with melancholy. "Still, I am sure Scirocco will like you on his back again. He practically soared earlier today."
Ide Samai

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:45 pm

Tomonaga waited a moment, expecting more. When it was clear there wasn't going to be more, he smiled gently. "Ide-san... I didn't hear anything in that to reflect on you, specifically. And even if I had..." He shrugged. "The Crab can hardly criticize others for improper behavior. The Yasuki try a bit, but generally we just don't care about that sort of thing. I... well, I actually kinda like how honestly the Unicorn show their emotions. Which probably tells you all you need to know about how good I am at that." That last was said a little sheepishly.

He bowed. "So, yeah. Don't worry about that sort of thing with me, as long as you're okay with me being a little relaxed with my emotions, too." His smile grew a bit teasing. "Actually, I kinda like it when I catch you blushing."

He let that hang for a moment, before he stepped closer to the horse, looking up at him fondly. "So, shall we ride, then?"
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Ide Samai on Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:54 pm

Yasuki Tomonaga wrote:Tomonaga waited a moment, expecting more. When it was clear there wasn't going to be more, he smiled gently. "Ide-san... I didn't hear anything in that to reflect on you, specifically. And even if I had..." He shrugged. "The Crab can hardly criticize others for improper behavior. The Yasuki try a bit, but generally we just don't care about that sort of thing. I... well, I actually kinda like how honestly the Unicorn show their emotions. Which probably tells you all you need to know about how good I am at that." That last was said a little sheepishly.

He bowed. "So, yeah. Don't worry about that sort of thing with me, as long as you're okay with me being a little relaxed with my emotions, too." His smile grew a bit teasing. "Actually, I kinda like it when I catch you blushing."

He let that hang for a moment, before he stepped closer to the horse, looking up at him fondly. "So, shall we ride, then?"

Samai blushed again, especially after he mentioned it. "That is... quite relieving to hear Yasuki-san." She smiled, widely, then slowly raised her fan. "That is... useful to know. And I will try not to begrudge you for being open with me. I feel it will be easy, Yasuki-san." She smiledsoe more, and petted Scirocco. "I will be honest, I was worried that perhaps you will have a more.. adverse reaction. You have given me the best news of my day."

She stepped back from the horse. "Yes, time for it. I saw you getting up, so that shouldn't be a problem. Also, you mentioned a story?"
Ide Samai

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:02 pm

And, just as he'd implied, Tomonaga's smile grew a bit broader as she blushed again. "Okay, good. I'm glad. Really glad."

"And yes, a story! Just like I promised you. It's got a lot to do with the Crab. I hope you'll like it. I was thinking that I could tell it to you as we rode, as long as it's not too bumpy, but with Scirocco, I don't have much fear of that."

He stepped closer to the horse, but then paused, frowning thoughtfully. He looked back to Samai, then up to the saddle. "So... I get on first?" He asked. It seemed he was a little clear as to the logistics of both of them riding.
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Ide Samai on Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:37 pm

Yasuki Tomonaga wrote:And, just as he'd implied, Tomonaga's smile grew a bit broader as she blushed again. "Okay, good. I'm glad. Really glad."

"And yes, a story! Just like I promised you. It's got a lot to do with the Crab. I hope you'll like it. I was thinking that I could tell it to you as we rode, as long as it's not too bumpy, but with Scirocco, I don't have much fear of that."

He stepped closer to the horse, but then paused, frowning thoughtfully. He looked back to Samai, then up to the saddle. "So... I get on first?" He asked. It seemed he was a little clear as to the logistics of both of them riding.

Samai stepped closer to the horse. "Well, I was thinking of you riding Scirocco yourself at the beginning, but today you did demonstrate your skill. Perhaps both of us could mount him?" Him Me. On the horse. Touching. The redness did not abate at all.

"I-in that case, I should go first, I believe."
Ide Samai

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:44 pm

For his part, Tomonaga hadn't entirely thought that through, either. On the other hand, once he did, he found that he certainly wasn't displeased with the idea. "Oh, umm, right, yeah." He reddened just a little, mostly out of worry of having embarrassed her. "Well, this should be better, right? I'd feel weird having you trotting along on foot, while I rode. It should be okay."

Smiling, he stepped back, giving her space to mount Scirocco. But there was a tiny bit of concern. "I've only mounted him when the whole saddle was free." He said. "Is it pretty much the same way, easy enough?"
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Ide Samai on Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:32 am

Yasuki Tomonaga wrote:For his part, Tomonaga hadn't entirely thought that through, either. On the other hand, once he did, he found that he certainly wasn't displeased with the idea. "Oh, umm, right, yeah." He reddened just a little, mostly out of worry of having embarrassed her. "Well, this should be better, right? I'd feel weird having you trotting along on foot, while I rode. It should be okay."

Smiling, he stepped back, giving her space to mount Scirocco. But there was a tiny bit of concern. "I've only mounted him when the whole saddle was free." He said. "Is it pretty much the same way, easy enough?"

Samai climbed onto the horse with practiced ease. She smiled, though not as confidently as before. Still, it was a small smile. "Yes, it should be this way." She scooted forward. "Come join me Yasuki-san." She reddened at the thought, but there was no turning back now.
Ide Samai

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:19 am

Tomonaga smiled up at her. With her scooting forward, it didn't seem quite as daunting as it had before. "As you wish, Ide-san." He said.

With surprising agility, he swung easily into the saddle, moving as though he was born to it. He settled in behind her.

With the size of the saddle, they were in close proximity indeed. It was impossible for their legs not to touch a little. And if Samai leaned back just a little, her back would be against the solidness of his chest. Tomonaga took a breath, closing his eyes as he took in the scent of roses. His own scent is not strong, something lightly spicy, but mostly just clean male.

"Ummm..." Tomonaga murmured softly. "May I hold on to you? I think that's what I'm supposed to do."
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Ide Samai on Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:23 am

"Are you sure you are not an Otaku in disguse, Yasuki-san?" She smiled lightly. It seemed Scirocco and Tomonaga were getting along! That was usually a sign in Unicorn circles. Don't marry anyone your horse wouldn't marry.

His closeness, his warmth... was welcome. She turned her head sideways so she can take a look at him, her hair brushing him. "An--ano. Okay, that would be the best." Really. Truly the best.

"Can we start?"
Ide Samai

Next

Return to The Western Fields