D5 EE Where was his place?

D5 EE Where was his place?

Postby Seppun Aramoro on Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:02 pm

Aramoro was kneeling a couple of meters from where the crater was, to have a proper observation.

Not to investigate it, but to understand it a little better. It caused such pain, yet it was the one to die.

Was this moment destined? Did the Kami wish it? What of your own positions?

Meditation TN2021succeed +2VPs (rank3)
Imperial • Hazy Pupils • Shugenja • Knowledgeable • Conservative • Wealthy
Status: 1.5 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: Expetional | Courtship Points: 9
Carries:Robes, Kimono, Wakizashi, Scroll Satchel, Fan, Sweets • Profile
Seppun Aramoro

Re: D5 EE Where was his place?

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:32 pm

Riding out to Orochi's Fall, Liu Fei sat atop her horse as she and Gokiburi came to a stop near the position of the meditating Seppun. Looking out into the new lake their Clan had gained that held an apparent connection to the beast that her sister had helped slay. Liu Fei did not seem to find the connection, or the air that other animals seemed to notice. Part of her wondered if Gokiburi could sense something she did not but was likewise unsure what to make of it.

After some time she just rode near the Seppun, seeing the tell tale signs of an Imperial from a distance she thought it best not to leave a man of his status out here alone while he meditated. Keeping a silent watch.
Unicorn - Bushi - Cursed - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Friend of Fire
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship: -1
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin
Carries: Sturdy Clothing (Leather, Fur), Courtiers Fan, Small Knife, Coin Purse, Wakizashi, Tanto, Naginata (Where Appropriate)
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Seppun Aramoro on Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:35 am

Being in a semi-trance Aramoro barely noticed the Shinjo, and would not have had the heavy hooves of a warhorse not been present. He glances over to the horseman. A smile appears when he looks up to see the Unicorn-ko.

"Oh, the watcher becomes the watched" He slowly gets up and takes a bow "Seppun Aramoro, of the Imperial Families." He straightens and then looks across the lake. "Strange isn't it. I still cannot decide how I feel about it."
Seppun Aramoro

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:19 pm

Deciding that having him wait for a return bow was worse than bowing from her horse, she bowed her head respectfully to the Imperial.

"Shinjo Liu Fei," she returns. Looking out over the lake as he did. "In all of our travels, I have never heard of a tale that spoke of a lake appearing over night. That it appeared on the same night as a beast was slain," she shrugged. "It will be the tale for generations to come I think."
Carries: Sturdy Clothing (Leather, Fur), Courtiers Fan, Small Knife, Coin Purse, Wakizashi, Tanto, Naginata (Where Appropriate)
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Seppun Aramoro on Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:52 pm

He continues staring at the lake: "Rokugan is filled with wondrous stories that seem almost untrue with all the marvel. Imagine the honour of having been present at this village when this mysterious lake was formed."

He glances over to Fei. "hmph, I met another Shinjo Liu the other day. A one armed Horse-maiden that swang a tetsubo with just the said one arm. Very peculiar." He looks to the side in thought "She promised a show on her battle prowess, a shame she hasn't yet arranged such a show."

He looks up at Fei. "But you are not her, are you? You are another marvellous example of the Unicorn-ko-horse-maidens." He looks at the massive horse "I assume. How have you found your return to the Emerald Empire?"
Seppun Aramoro

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:07 pm

"You have met my sister, Seppun-sama, and I am sure the display she promised was merely pushed back as a result of her injuries she sustained from defending her comrades last night when that beast attacked," she said on that point. Fei's interest in the lake having faded she merely remained with the conversation.

"I would not think merely existing makes me that marvelous, Seppun-sama," she said, waving off the, as she saw it, baseless compliment. "For the Empire, I can say our return has been surprising with how the Samurai of the other Clans have welcomed us in our return."
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Seppun Aramoro on Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:14 pm

Clearly she is the lesser friendly of the two

"No your existence only would not, but for the Unicorn to allow on such a sturdy horse should indicate to others that your Clan believes you are." He nods his head slightly "And thus do I."

He looks back at the horse. "Surprising? What had you expected Shinjo-san?"

((Sorry slow response, my email didn't notify me for some reason. :? ))
Seppun Aramoro

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:04 pm

"Nothing so warm, Seppun-sama," she replies honestly. "Your Clans, and people, have only had a brief few years of warning for our return. While I am not surprised there are some happy to see our return... I did not expect them to be in the majority."
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Seppun Aramoro on Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:34 am

Aramoro scan's the area to see if there are other samurai in the area, then looks back to Fei.

"That, good horse-maiden, is the product of Bushido and Servitude." He nods slightly "Irrespective of any suspicions or reservations, it is commanded to accept you as our own. And so, we accept you warmly" he mentioned with a straight face. "It is called On, social masks we wear to hide our emotions. Figuratively speaking."
Seppun Aramoro

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:14 pm

"If it is merely as you say Seppun-sama then the lords of the Empire have either chosen or trained their Samurai well to have such a convincing approach," she said, settling in on Gokiburi with a more relaxed manner all the while maintaining a respectful posture. Though, that was easier to hide on horseback. Even more so when these men and women of the Empire have never seen a proper horse.

"Neither of those options are that surprising either."
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Seppun Aramoro on Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:05 pm

He stared at her for a moment then responded "Do you think had one of our Clans joined the Unicorn instead the reception would have been the same?"
Seppun Aramoro

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:12 pm

"That is an odd thought," she commented as she tried to think on it. "But I do not think it is entirely the same. Had another Clan rode out to join us on our journey little would have changed, there would just have been another Clan traveling the world. I am sure the Unicorn would have greeted the other Clan as family."
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Seppun Aramoro on Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:30 pm

A small grin appeared across his face "Odd thought indeed, but well answered. You should be worried Shinjo-san, your mind has a knack for things Odd." He chuckles briefly.

"So what is your duty amongst the Unicorn? Was I correct in assuming you are a bushi-samurai? You have tales of battles?"
Seppun Aramoro

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:39 pm

"I will be sure to keep it in check," she said, amused.

"You have surmised correctly Seppun-sama, I am a Bushi with battles I have experienced, but I am afraid if you were hoping for a good story that is where my history must remain, in the past."
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Seppun Aramoro on Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:39 pm

"Must?" He shakes his head slowly "That is terribly tragic Shinjo-san, how does your name then become known if no one can recount your deeds?" He takes a long timed look around. "How does a prospective groom know what he is marrying into if you have no tales to tell of yourself?"
Seppun Aramoro

Next

Return to Orochi's Fall