[D5 EM] Dawn of the Dead

Re: [D5 EM] Dawn of the Dead

Postby Togashi Udo on Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:05 pm

Bayushi Hotaru wrote:During her chores, she was brought over to where Udo was praying and bowed politely to greet him, whether or not he would notice her from his mediation.

Udo's eyes opened slowly, though too late to see her bow, and he bowed to her. "Hello, Bayushi-san."
Tattoo of a Crane * Tattoo of a Lion * Slightly Distracted * Simple robes & hat

Status: 1 | Glory: 1.1 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship: 15
More info.
Togashi Udo

Postby Moshi Asakiko on Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:23 pm

The tiny Moshi blinked a few times. "Hai... I did tell him I was interested." She smiled. "It would be an honor to help in what little I can."
☆Centipede Clan ☆Shugenja ☆Small (4'8") ☆Peaceful ☆Kind of famous for divination

Honor: What it is expected. Glory: 2 Status: 1 CP: 1
Moshi Asakiko

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:11 am

"So, the idea was to see if meishodo-magic... the magic Iuchi-dono helped to create, is somehow offensive to the spirits of the land. See, our magic does not call upon the spirits, but commands the elements directly as far as the legends are to be trusted... and well, seeing how the lands beyond the Empire are void of spirits and our magic still works there, this... ought to make sense." Dong-Ha explained. "So, the plan was to have me disturb the elements, in one way or another, and then have Moshi-san call upon them to see how the spirits felt such intrusion, if they felt it at all."
Unicorn Clan • Mystic
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.3 • Courtship: 2

"Power is what you think it is."
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Gaijin riding horse: Poppy
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Moshi Asakiko on Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:33 am

"I see he was explaining that to me and how different your magic methods are. It would be a very enlightening for me to watch you and see that the kami are undisturbed by this." She smiled giving a polite bow.
☆Centipede Clan ☆Shugenja ☆Small (4'8") ☆Peaceful ☆Kind of famous for divination

Moshi Asakiko

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:44 am

Dong-Ha looked at the others gathered. "Very well then, I'll place myself in your hands then." he returned to her bow. "Though, maybe not now and not here.* Perhaps we can arrange some time in the future, as some of my kin are also curious about this." By his kin Dong-Ha mostly meant Saksaha.

Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Moshi Asakiko on Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:01 am

"We should respect the dead and no disturb the kami here. " She said as she was still a bit confuse about the magic methods of this man. "And Isawa sama would like to see too." She turn to see if he was around. "I don't see him."

Moshi Asakiko

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:29 am

"He said he would get back to me, but I haven't heard of him. Perhaps he got distracted by my kin?" he jested with a faint smile on his lips. "Not sure there are that many dead here... but I will take your word for that." Dong-Ha nodded. "Perhaops we could meet tomorrow, at one of the tents?"
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Moshi Asakiko on Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:00 am

The Moshi gave a light chuckle at that comment. "Perhaps, your kin bring many interesting and beautiful... exchanges." The Moshi nodded. "I read fortunes after my breakfast (LM) perhaps we can acomodate and coordinate accordingly unless there is an event planed at set time."

Moshi Asakiko

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:11 am

Togashi Udo wrote:Udo's eyes opened slowly, though too late to see her bow, and he bowed to her. "Hello, Bayushi-san."

Hotaru greeted Udo with a small smile and bowed once more, having greeted her share of people who were meditating during her duties before. "Good morning, Togashi-san! I hope I wasn't interrupting you...my apologies about that! I'm Bayushi Hotaru, honoured shrine maiden of the Shinning Retreat! I've been volunteering here for a few days now and I just wanted to acquaint myself with all who visited the grounds. I hope you're well!"

She giggled and took one step back, trying to indicate that she could allow him to go back to his meditations if he wished.
Scorpion Clan • Shrine Maiden • Diviner • Dangerously Cute • Slightly Short
Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Honour: Untrustworthy • Courtship Points: 9

Description, Artist Details in Description
Personal Effects: Wakizashi (where appropriate), scroll satchel, fan, jade charm, mask, fortune sticks, kawaru coins

Mamoru, Protector of Shrines
Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:24 am

Moshi Asakiko wrote:The Moshi gave a light chuckle at that comment. "Perhaps, your kin bring many interesting and beautiful... exchanges." The Moshi nodded. "I read fortunes after my breakfast (LM) perhaps we can acomodate and coordinate accordingly unless there is an event planed at set time."

"She's learnt woman, in many ways." Those ways might have not included Rokugani-ways, half-Moto as she was. "But she is curious about the spirits of this land just as I am."

"But yes, I think we can." Dong-Ha nodded. "It should be interesting. Isawa-san recommended we would use fire or spirits of fire to make sure you can connect with the same spirits we would disturb with out magic. There ought not to be much elemental fire around here..." he looked around. "Except for the residues in metals and people."
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Togashi Udo on Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:57 pm

Bayushi Hotaru wrote:Hotaru greeted Udo with a small smile and bowed once more, having greeted her share of people who were meditating during her duties before. "Good morning, Togashi-san! I hope I wasn't interrupting you...my apologies about that! I'm Bayushi Hotaru, honoured shrine maiden of the Shinning Retreat! I've been volunteering here for a few days now and I just wanted to acquaint myself with all who visited the grounds. I hope you're well!"

She giggled and took one step back, trying to indicate that she could allow him to go back to his meditations if he wished.

Udo blinks a few times, trying to comprehend what just happened... he'd never met a bubbly Scorpion before.

"I am quite well, Bayushi-san. I hope you are, too." He blinks a few more times. It is not quite what he expected this morning.

"It is good that you've been volunteering."

More info.
Togashi Udo

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:05 am

"Pretty well, thank you," she said with an enthusiastic chuckle. "I know it's not an obligation of mine, but I thought it would be best to lend my skills wherever it is needed around here. It seems the monks here might need the hand, given the large amounts of visitors they had here as of late." She gave a quick gesture of the space around them with her hand.

"I'd offer the same aid, but I can't say I know the duties of a Togashi monk...Actually, you're the first one I've met!" She smiled abashedly.
Scorpion Clan • Shrine Maiden • Diviner • Dangerously Cute • Slightly Short
Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Honour: Untrustworthy • Courtship Points: 9

Description, Artist Details in Description
Personal Effects: Wakizashi (where appropriate), scroll satchel, fan, jade charm, mask, fortune sticks, kawaru coins

Mamoru, Protector of Shrines
Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Togashi Udo on Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:07 am

"Uh. Well, my duty here is to find someone to marry. So not so strange as you might expect."

Udo was not in a great mood this morning, but he was finding Hotaru was putting him somewhat off-balance, which might be a good thing.

"Are you also here for the miai, I assume? I believe I saw your name on the lists."

More info.
Togashi Udo

Postby Moshi Asakiko on Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:30 am

Iuchi Dong-Ha wrote:
Moshi Asakiko wrote:The Moshi gave a light chuckle at that comment. "Perhaps, your kin bring many interesting and beautiful... exchanges." The Moshi nodded. "I read fortunes after my breakfast (LM) perhaps we can acomodate and coordinate accordingly unless there is an event planed at set time."

"She's learnt woman, in many ways." Those ways might have not included Rokugani-ways, half-Moto as she was. "But she is curious about the spirits of this land just as I am."

"But yes, I think we can." Dong-Ha nodded. "It should be interesting. Isawa-san recommended we would use fire or spirits of fire to make sure you can connect with the same spirits we would disturb with out magic. There ought not to be much elemental fire around here..." he looked around. "Except for the residues in metals and people."

"I see... we can make our own fire and call upon the changing Kami of earth. You must also understand we are made of the elements and fire it is within us. Also I am connected to the air and Lady Amaterasu grats me her blessing to be attuned with fire." She explained.

Moshi Asakiko

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:55 am

"That is what Isawa-san said." Dong-Ha nodded. "There are fires within us, yes... but if we set a fire, it should hopefully overshadow the fire in our bodies. Or that was our idea." he explained the gist of the experiment. "That way we have higher chance of interacting with the spirits that are attuned with the elements that are... disturbed by magics."
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

PreviousNext

Return to The Shrine of the Emerald Champion