Kamaraderie, Konversation & Kumis (D5, EN, Kemuri's)

Re: Kamaraderie, Konversation & Kumis (D5, EN, Kemuri's)

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:02 pm

"I'm not even sure there's that button. My mother's a healer and we discussed... birthing and she never mentioned any buttons." Dong-Ha shook his head. "I think Silvia-san was fooling us, so we'd seek something that's not really there." he huffed softly. "Though I guess I could ask the Bunny. She's studied medicine as well and she's a woman so she oughta know, right?"

"Not gonna grab her though, not sure she'd like it." It looked like the young mystic had had an idea. "Or maybe I should grab her?"
Unicorn Clan • Mystic
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.3 • Courtship: 2

"Power is what you think it is."
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Gaijin riding horse: Poppy
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:11 pm

Kemuri's first thought was that he'd really like to see that conversation.

"I wouldn't grab her. She seemed concerned about how she might be treated within our clan. It was clear that she'd rather stay a Rabbit. Being a bit more direct with her may be good, however. I think I was too passive with her and the others. They each gave me an idea of what they were looking for, but never compared those thoughts to me. I should have made my qualities more clear."
Unicorn Clan Marta Family Bushi Hunter Explorer Storyteller Completely Honest Rides Sarangerel
Honor: Expected • Status: .5 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 4

Carries: Water, Knife, Sake Cup, Chopsticks, Dice
As Appropriate: Daisho, Light Armor, Daikyu, Quiver, Lantern, Cloak, Hat
Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:17 pm

"I don't know. The Scorpion lady told me that I had to act, or I would lose my chances. She consulted my omens." he explained. "Hesitation would lead to certain doom." Grabbing would involve no hesitation. "I guess I could ask her if she wants to be grabbed." Dong-Ha would be blessed not to remember the following morning what he had been thinking the previous night.

"They don't like you passive, uh-nuh. Gotta grab them by the... something. Gotta grab anyway. If you fancy the Mantis, grab her by her cat."

"So what the were looking for then?" This they had not told him.
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Moto Khulun on Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:02 pm

Khulun chuckles and then leans against her yurt, "I wish you looked like goat, and not so cute."

She opens the yurt and says, "Mustache on... or off?"
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:15 pm

Iuchi Dong-Ha wrote:"I don't know. The Scorpion lady told me that I had to act, or I would lose my chances. She consulted my omens." he explained. "Hesitation would lead to certain doom." Grabbing would involve no hesitation. "I guess I could ask her if she wants to be grabbed." Dong-Ha would be blessed not to remember the following morning what he had been thinking the previous night.

"They don't like you passive, uh-nuh. Gotta grab them by the... something. Gotta grab anyway. If you fancy the Mantis, grab her by her cat."

"So what the were looking for then?" This they had not told him.

"Tonbo-sama is looking for a husband who can help restore her family's spirit." he began. "They were a Minor Clan, the Dragonfly. They've suffered significantly in recent years. Their founding was a slight to the Lion, who have found ways to punish them over the years. Not long ago, they burned Kyuden Tonbo to the ground, killing their Champion. Their next Champion squandered what few resources they had drinking, whoreing and gambling. A Lion cut him down for his shameful behavior. To avoid starvation, their current Champion swore fealty to the Dragon Champion and brought the family into the Great Clan, ending the Dragonfly. Their people are unhappy, all she wants s to change that."

"Usagi-sama's clan is very young, founded by Usagi Reichin who is no the Fortune of Heroes." he continued. "She would like to bring a new husband back to he clan, to help the Hare grow and continue his legacy. Failing that, she hopes she can find a place among us where she can be of value, with an understanding husband. She fears that she may looked down upon as an outsider unskilled in our ways and traditions."

"Bayushi-sama was quite positive and enthusiastic about everything." he offered next. "She helped me come to terms with a few of my concerns. She didn't really tell me what preferences she has, but she s very devout. She is also very proud of the temple she tends to and the village around it. She was concerned bout the Lords of Death, but I believe I addressed that."

"Yuzuki-sama was very concerned about her cat."

"Matsui-sama would like someone who can be a true partner in this marriage and not simply a political asset. I think she'd prefer an animal lover. Someone accomplished and patient." He chuckled. "Who does not snore."

"Miya-sama was impressed by my dancing and curious about how well I could ride and how much stamina I have."
Unicorn Clan Marta Family Bushi Hunter Explorer Storyteller Completely Honest Rides Sarangerel

Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:44 pm

"Sounds the the Dragonfly ought to grab Silvia..." Dong-Ha chuckled. "And even he might might not be quite enough for that..." he added, muttering. "Horribly open of her to say things like that. You'd think that if her liege found out, she'd be cast away or something." Scheming against your lord wasn't generally approved in feudal systems regardless whether the story was written by AEG or FFG.

"Ah yes, she mentioned. 8 years or somesuch." he nodded. "I can see where she's coming though. Runt, too small to wield a weapon. No esoteric talents, obviously. I guess she's smart at least?" Dong-Ha tapped his temple as if to make the point obvious. "In that sense the small Scorpio girl that likes Baatar would be better. She at least has some mystical talents, shy as she is. But, it's not like shy girls can't become mothers. Yeah... she doesn't sound that bad, does she?"

"Hee, well... Matsu'd mean ties to the Lion, and the Ide have been keen on that, I think." Ever since the PR disaster that was the Unicorn accepting their lands back. "She's an animal herse...animal lover herself?" Dong-Ha corrected himself. "Miya was concerned about your stamina? Sheesh..." he reached for his bottle, stumbled, then managed to grab it and took an another sip. "What do they know about riding anyway."
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:14 am

He gave a confused look.

"I asked about their history, as I didn't recognize the name. I have the feeling that much of what she told me is known by any who'd care to know." he shrugged.

"Matsu-sama is one of their beastmasters, the ones with the trained lions."

"The Miya, may know more about riding than the rest of the Empire. The other Matsu said the other clans don't have much cavalry."

Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:21 am

"But... can you imagine an entire family wanting to leave like that, even if they are recent addition? I mean, what if Moto said they'd want to become a clan of their own? Known or not it suggests... disloyalty." Dong-Ha frowned. "She's suggesting that their oaths mean nothing. Would you trust a woman like that?" Loyalty had used to be a virtue.

"Lions.... right, I saw few of them. I mean, the animals." he muttered. "How does that work out, did she explain?" drunk as he was, Dong-Ha was still curious about the ways of the world.

"Miya has an actual horse? Or one of them runts they call horses around here?"
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:36 am

"I don't think they're actually seeking to leave, but they're unhappy." he shrugged again "She wants to change that. I'm more concerned that her intentions may not go as she hopes."

"Their lions seem very loyal, they must train them well. I can't imagine ha they are like on the battlefield.""

He laughed at the last comment.

"We are the only ones with actual horses in the Empire, cousin."

Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:45 am

"Well.. that's bit better. Not much, but still." he sighed. "Well.. she was interested in Butaj, right. He's bound to shake things up wherever he ends up... and he has no qualms leaving his kin behind."

"Doesn't make the Lion sound half bad. Though, is she any cute?" That was relevant to Dong-Ha's interests.

"Aye, so what does she know about riding then, eh?"
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:59 am

"I think she's cute."

They're all cute.

"As for the Miya, I'll find out how well she rides tomorrow."

Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Moto Butaj on Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:20 am

Moto Khulun wrote:Khulun chuckles and then leans against her yurt, "I wish you looked like goat, and not so cute."

She opens the yurt and says, "Mustache on... or off?"

Butaj looks at her intently for a moment, many things happening in the inebriated head of Butaj. Eventually, he smirks. "Guess." He moves past the flap, into the tent.
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:24 am

Shinjo Kemuri wrote:"I think she's cute."

They're all cute.

"As for the Miya, I'll find out how well she rides tomorrow."

"Hee, going to a ride with her then?" Dong-Ha scratched his back. "Ought to sleep at some point though, I am supposed to meet Bunny tomorrow. Trade stories."
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Moto Khulun on Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:26 am

"On it is," she says smacking him on the butt.

She didn't waste time with more words, maybe it was a way to wipe away the pain of the day or maybe she was just drunk and wanted physical release either way, she wanted it and she wanted him and both things made the moment intense, raw, and all too real.

Too much of this and she might get used to having him around...

/ftb?
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:38 am

Iuchi Dong-Ha wrote:"Hee, going to a ride with her then?" Dong-Ha scratched his back. "Ought to sleep at some point though, I am supposed to meet Bunny tomorrow. Trade stories."

He nodded. "Yeah, sleep's probably a good idea. The morning is going to be difficult."

Shinjo Kemuri

PreviousNext

Return to Northwestern Yurts