A Peaceful Place (D2-EE)

Re: A Peaceful Place (D2-EE)

Postby Shiba Kaizen on Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:56 pm

She speaks from both sides of her mouth and turns compliments into venom. Apparently she already has made her mind up on me, whatever that may be it is apparently no good. He responded to Imane again seeing neither question or other need for response to the Crane. "Otaku-san perhaps one day I will have the honor of a display of your skill in music or dance." He smiled politely. Fortunes was I a Matsu in my past life to have the Crane plague me so in this one?
Phoenix Clan * Yojimbo * Previous Year Topaz Competitor of Renown * Crane are not Fans of.. * Short
Glory: 2.0 * Status: 1.0 * Honor: What is Expected * Courtship Points: 5
Carries: daisho, fan, samisen, and wears decent quality clothing with a haori and hakama
Shiba Kaizen

Postby Otaku Imane on Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:44 am

Imane looked from the Doji to the Shiba and back, completely missing Captain Subtext. She paused for a while to gather her thoughts. They both seemed to be looking at her to make the next comment, it drew out for a while.

"Hmm, ah yes. It occurs to me Doji-san, Shiba-san, that it would be wise to start thinking about how the Unicorn's musical traditions might best fit in with those of the Empire. I am sure that some of our practices and inspirations will seem very strange. Still, I hope to play for you both during the miai."

She looked at Fukawa's with a polite smile. "I would particularly appreciate your assessment of what the other Clans might think, Doji-san."
Unicorn • Shiotome • Prodigy • Musical • Honest • Gaijin Name • Archer • Lancer • Singer
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0.1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question | Courtship Points: 9
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Flute, Light armour (where appropriate)
Carried by: Almatar (Otaku warhorse, where appropriate)
Otaku Imane

Postby Doji Fukawa on Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:33 pm

Fukawa bows to the Otaku.

"I would be honored to assist in any way I can, Otaku-san." she replies cordially.

She looks up briefly at where Lord Moon was inn the sky.

"However, the hour is growing late. I think I will need to anticipate your performance for awhile, Otaku-san."

She bowed to both samurai.

After goodbyes she would....

/exit
unless stopped
Crane Clane * Courtier * Pretty *Perfumed *Prized *Petite* Perfect Pitch

Glory: 1.0 Honor: Exceptional Status: 1.0 CP: 13

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Shiba Kaizen on Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:45 pm

The Crane ignores me I ignore the Crane except for courtesy. He bowed to the departing Doji. To the Otaku he says as the Crane moves away. "The inspirations of art come from tradition, tradition is shaped by experiences. With the long journey of your Clan Otaku-san the music may be different from such experiences, but the samurai's heart is the same that shaped those traditions is the same." Word wrangling Shiba-sensei's own idioms to fit the moment... he would be amused

"I would enjoy hearing you play sometime Otaku-san and I believe Doji-san would be an interesting critic on the music of the Empire. She does not have much regard for me as the Crane do not typically hold me in high esteem." Kaizen looked sad briefly, "Still as a Crane and Doji-san's opinion on art will likely be the most critical yet accurate of those attending the miai."
Phoenix Clan * Yojimbo * Previous Year Topaz Competitor of Renown * Crane are not Fans of.. * Short
Carries: daisho, fan, samisen, and wears decent quality clothing with a haori and hakama
Shiba Kaizen

Postby Otaku Imane on Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:19 am

Imane returned Fukawa's bow, saying that she hopes to meet again soon. With the Crane gone she returned her gaze to the Shiba.

"I like your take on our traditions Shiba-san. The roads we have traveled are rather different, but my people are still samurai-sama in our hearts. The Shiotome maintain our traditions of honourable conduct perhaps more than most."

She pondered for a moment before continuing. If he did not wish to speak of it he would not have brought it up.

"You compliment the Crane but say they do not have a good opinion of you? Are the Crane and Phoenix at odds Shiba-san, or is it a matter of a personal nature? I would not wish to pry, but the state of the Empire is of interest to my people." She offered a polite smile along with the opportunity to back out of talking about a personal matter.
Unicorn • Shiotome • Prodigy • Musical • Honest • Gaijin Name • Archer • Lancer • Singer
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0.1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question | Courtship Points: 9
Otaku Imane

Postby Shiba Kaizen on Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:56 am

"It is complicated as are all things politic and in the case of the Crane and I it is very much tied to politics unfortunately though not by my choice. As Doji-san pointed out it is growing late and this may take some time. If you wish to hear of it perhaps it would be better to talk of such things when you perform music for me?" Perhaps he took the invitation too personally, but those were the words she used.
Shiba Kaizen

Postby Otaku Imane on Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:15 am

She smiled at his boldness. "Very well. Then I look forward to further conversations with a musical accompaniment Shiba-san. Perhaps in a few days? Until then."

Imane bowed politely to the Phoenix and the Shrine, and then excused herself, making her way over to her horse before her /exit
Otaku Imane

Postby Shiba Kaizen on Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:18 am

"I look forward to it." he replied with a bow. well to the music anyhow, the other not as much...
Shiba Kaizen

Previous

Return to The Shrine of the Emerald Champion