[Day 4 - Early Morning] Playing in the Wind

Re: [Day 4 - Early Morning] Playing in the Wind

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:06 pm

"Honored cousin, I was never off my feet. I didn't even stop to smell the flowers. I met this prospect prior to the Ide. In the end it would not have worked out." He took a moment to think over what she said. "What oracle Bayushi-san?"
Bayushi Suteichi
Scorpion Clan*Courtier*Poet*Musician*Dangerously Handsome*Heartless*Blessed By Benten

Status 1.0|Honor: Untrustworthy|Courtshp Points: 3

Carries: Fan, Sweets, Wakizashi, Aiguchi (when applicable), Samisen

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:13 pm

"Preparedness is a trait of the Family," she nodded in admiration.

"As well as being a miko, I'm also a diviner. I can sense the ways of the future and where your destiny may be found. My method is that I consult the oracle, scriptures that have been derived by monks of the past and the Tao itself. When it comes to uncertainty, I'm sure I can give clarity to the situation if you allow me to."
Scorpion Clan • Shrine Maiden • Diviner • Dangerously Cute • Slightly Short
Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Honour: Untrustworthy • Courtship Points: 9

Description, Artist Details in Description
Personal Effects: Wakizashi (where appropriate), scroll satchel, fan, jade charm, mask, fortune sticks, kawaru coins

Mamoru, Protector of Shrines
Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:23 am

"Alright. I'll give it go. I am interested in a Shinjo woman."
Bayushi Suteichi
Scorpion Clan*Courtier*Poet*Musician*Dangerously Handsome*Heartless*Blessed By Benten

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:17 pm

"Of course! Come with me!" After she finished tieing the charm back in its place with a secure knot, she gestured Suteichi to follow her deeper into the shrine.

Hotaru found a clearing that was mostly flat and rolled out a tatami mat so they could better sit on the ground without fussing their clothes too much. She dug around her satchel until she found a bundle of yarrow sticks, withdrawing them from its container. As she gathered the sticks, she looked to her cousin questioning. "So you mentioned a Shinjo woman? Do you have any questions regarding this Shinjo woman? Is it more whether or not she will be compatible with you in terms of duty...or personality? Or it's whether or not she remains loyal when it comes to your relationship together? Or did you wish to compare her to another potential prospect? The more details you provide, the more I can provide to the oracle to reflect a better answer."

Personal Effects: Wakizashi (where appropriate), scroll satchel, fan, jade charm, mask, fortune sticks, kawaru coins

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:30 pm

Suteichi held up his hand to settle her.

"Let us start with are we compatible?"
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:33 pm

She chuckled at her cousin on a light-hearted note. "Oh, of course! Let's see now then..."

After fiddling with her sticks, she arranged them into two different piles with a long stick bridging the two piles. Her eyes remained downcast, focused on the stick themselves as she began to perform her divinations for him. "It seems that Bayushi Suteichi-san has found himself on the road once more, having left one destination and bound for another. Your actions might have already set in motion something you can't foresee. Maybe I can see something? All men and women as both connected to this realm and the Heavens, regardless of their place in the celestial order. There is truth to be both in between..."

She worked her divinations, withdrawing four sticks at a time until the remainders give her a result. The other sticks are piled again in the same manner and she continues on with the processes to get her result.

"Hm...This is rather peculiar, but it seems strangely fitting. The oracle rarely comes up with a result that isn't relevant. From what it tells me, you seem to have many attachments and those are potentially the source of trouble in your life. You might benefit from moving elsewhere and doing something differently. Your life is potentially in a state of change where the change you bring to it may be the balancing factor. Perhaps, very well...your proactive change to Shinjo-san may be the right choice," She nodded wisely.

"However...." She frowned slightly. "It seems at the end of the flux, you are destined to return to what you were and how things were before..."

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:11 am

Divination...meh!

"I...see. Interesting assessment, Bayushi-san."
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:51 pm

Hotaru nodded soundly as she packed away her sticks, having done her job for now. "That's what the oracle tells me and I would consider it an accurate assessment if anything else. This world is uncertain, as a whole, but there are slight patterns that do emerge from them we can sometimes see where others will go from their personal intent, like branches growing from the same tree...and potentially repeat mistakes that others have. Ultimately, it is up to you what you wish to do with this knowledge and I know you will do what is just. The Bayushi are nothing but purposeful, ne?"

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:00 am

"It... is. Forgive me honored cousin, I am ignorant of these things. Divination and the like."
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:40 pm

"Oooh...I see," she murmured in slight disappointment.

She stowed away her sticks back in her satchel. "It's a bit strange, you know. Despite our Family lacking the spiritual expertise and proficiency of other Families within our Clan, we aren't ones to ignore the signs when they are presented to us. I mean, there's a reason that Bayushi-Kami was so watchful, wise and brilliant as he was. He saw all of the signs and took them seriously when others would dismiss them. It was perhaps the same mindset that allowed him to learn from Shinsei so easily and become the Scorpion in the tale. There's a reason why we're superstitious. However, it is ultimately up to you in how your honour Bayushi-Kami. I'm sure you have a direction you wish to go. Just know, I'm around if you need to consult the oracle once more."

Hotaru smiled warmly at Suteichi. "Is there anything else I can do for you, honoured cousin?"

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:28 am

"I will always need your counsel Bayushi-san. She is something...wonderful to me."
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:14 pm

"Oh! That's good to hear that you've found another person to focus on." She said on an optimistic note. "It's going to be a long few days until we make our choices, you should really do your best to woo Shinjo-san. There are going to be many...distractions, for the both of you. Loyal determination, in form of conviction, will get you the result you want."

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:23 pm

"That is exactly what I am counting on."
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:36 pm

"Oh, good!" She bobbed her head a few times on that note. "Please hesitate to seek me out if you need guidance or just an ear to listen. I'm usually around the Shrine and you know where to find me."

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:41 pm

"I shall remember that honored cousin."
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Previous

Return to The Shrine of the Emerald Champion