[D5 EE] Final Rites (OPEN)

Re: [D5 EE] Final Rites (OPEN)

Postby Kaiu Hiroji on Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:44 pm

Yasuki Tomonaga wrote:
"What? Really?" Tomonaga sounded shocked. "I think I know all of those. Assuming it's the same Scorpion doctor. In fact, I shared drink with most of them, except for Shinjo Liu Yue-san." He continued to look a little dumbstruck, the tragedy suddenly seeming more real.

He cast his gaze to the burning pyre. "Well... all but one." He looked away before the smoke could sting his eyes further.

Hiroji nods. "Killing a dragon requires exceptional circumstances. It was very strange indeed."
*Crab Clan *Rather Stoic *Large *Possibly has a drinking problem *Allergy to Milk based Products *Dragon-Slayer

Status: 1.0 - Honor: What is Expected - Glory: 3.0 - Courtship Points: 2

"..."

Carries with him: Sturdy Clothing, Walking Stick, Chopsticks, Small Mirror
Kaiu Hiroji

Postby Moto Butaj on Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:56 pm

For Butaj, it is not time to speak with Kitakuhime, but to lessen her burden in being the host. He grips some bottles and cups and approaches those who don't have them yet.

(PM if you want to receive a drink from Butaj and chat)
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Postby Ide Amaya on Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:56 pm

Seppun Hideo wrote:Hideo said nothing. He just stood closer to Amaya for the moment, not so close as to be obviously invading her personal space, but close enough that she could feel he had remained close by. Then he turned back to the pyre, and wordlessly looked on.

Servants begin to circulate with kumis and Amaya accepts an offered cup, holding it, seemingly unable to drink. It feels as though her throat has closed. She glances sideways to the Imperial, grateful for his proximity.
• Unicorn Courtier • [Profile - Updated 4/29]
• Small • Gullible • Voice • Inner Gift (Animal Ken) • Love Actuary •
• Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 5 •
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Image Tokma - a Gaijin riding horse
Ide Amaya

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:05 pm

Mizuki smiles weakly behind her mask. I assure you, Yue, all of my pain is self-inflicted. I do not regret who was in bed last night. She regrets anyone being there, but that's a different story.

"Some kumis sounds nice. I haven't tried it, but this seems like the time."
Scorpion Merchant * Kuge * Blessed By Daikoku * Wealthy * Black Sheep

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Postby Seppun Hideo on Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:06 pm

Ide Amaya wrote:Servants begin to circulate with kumis and Amaya accepts an offered cup, holding it, seemingly unable to drink. It feels as though her throat has closed. She glances sideways to the Imperial, grateful for his proximity.

Hideo has accepted the odd drink as well, looking at it. He remembered something like this circulating on the first day at the banquet, but never learnt what it was. He looked down towards Amaya as she glanced his way, and he gave her a nod as he said "a toast to your fallen kin?" to try and encourage her to have a drink.
Imperial * Shugenja * Scholarly * Description
Courtiship Points: 7
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:06 pm

Kaiu Hiroji wrote:Hiroji nods. "Killing a dragon requires exceptional circumstances. It was very strange indeed."

"Well, you share good company, as far as I can tell." Tomonaga said. "Shinjo-san and Togashi-san both impressed me quite a bit. I had no idea the Mantis was so fierce; now I admire her more. And, of course, Chi Pu. Yeah, fine company indeed, Hiroji-san."

Tomonaga winced. "Oh, right, and Soshi-san seemed to be a very competent sort as well." Whoops! Well, at least Hiroji was probably the only one who heard Tomonaga forget the Soshi.
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Status: 2 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Courtship points: 6
Carries: Sake bottle, sake cups
Description
Final Drinking Count: 22/38 threads
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Matsu Yurio on Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:13 pm

Miya Mei wrote:Mei watches as the Matsu picks them out.

"I see. I do not know any women, but..."

She looks around again.

Pointing with her fan, she motions toward Otaku Imane

"What of her, on the horse? She has been silent thus far."

He looked across.

Did she match us by size?

"Otaku Imane-sama. I spoke to her at the opening banquet, introduced her to tofu. It was one of her family that died. I am not sure how close a relation."
Lion Clan * Bushi * Scout * Small * Daring * KITTEH *
Soon to be Purple KITTEH Doggeh Trainer

Glory 1.0 * Status 1.0 * Honour Exceptional * Courtship 3!

Carries: Daisho, fan, sake cup.
When permitted: No-dachi, light armour.
Sometimes accompanied by: Neko

Panthera leo matsu militarus-minimus
Matsu Yurio

Postby Miya Mei on Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:20 pm

"I see."

Mei hums softly for a moment.

"They say mourning maidens have a heart open to suitors more than usual."

She places her fan back over her face.

"Now that we have pointed out a potential, what if we take the game further? I can go speak with the Otaku, and you either the Moto or Iuchi. The goal being to sell one another to the target and have them gain interest in us"
Imperial | Duelist | Kakita Trained | Unmarriable
Honor: Exceptional | Glory: 1.0 |Infamy 1.0 | Status 1.5 | CP: -2

Description

Wielder of an elegantly decorated katana, Meng. D8+ carries Shinjo Kemuri's Fan
Miya Mei

Postby Soshi Taira on Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:24 pm

Taira, as the event seemed to descend into mayhem, did not join in, but rather quietly slipped away, into the night, as the pyre burned the fallen woman away.

/exit
Scorpion Clan :: Good Cop :: Doctor :: Paragon :: Pragmatic :: Spirit-Touched :: Cursed
Honor: Untrustworthy Status: 1.0 Glory: 3.0 CP: 2
Carries: Daisho, medical satchel, black and red kimono, tall collar 'mask', ink-splotched fan
Now treating: Patient No.18

Description:: Theme:: Struggle
Soshi Taira

Postby Otaku Imane on Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:25 pm

Otaku Kitakuhime wrote:Kitakuhime fetches a bottle from one of the servants and pours it on a cup. Atop Gekko, she approaches the pyre and throws the content over the fire, feeding the flames even higher.

She pours again, and Gekko walks nearby Imane. The Otaku heir extends her arm to offer the drink to her sister-in-arms. When she accepts, Kitakuhime looks around, ready to serve others.

The gesture snapped Imane out of her reverie and she gratefully accepted the drink from her old friend. With a gentle squeeze Almatar moved towards the pyre. Imane raised the cup to the sky.

"I drink to you sister." She knocked back half of the cup. "And this is yours." The rest of the contents flew into the pyre and she could feel the heat as the flames rose. Her horse showed no sign of fear.

"In this life we will tell your tale. In the next, we ride together again. SHIOTOME!!!"

Her head turned toward to the heavens and she watched the smoke rise. After a pause she moved away and rejoined the throng.

----
(OOC: This can have happened earlier if it fits the pace better, or not if it doesn't, I'm easy. Wanted to get something in after RL posting prevention!)
Unicorn • Shiotome • Prodigy • Musical • Honest • Gaijin Name • Archer • Lancer • Singer
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0.1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question | Courtship Points: 9
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Flute, Light armour (where appropriate)
Carried by: Almatar (Otaku warhorse, where appropriate)
Otaku Imane

Postby Matsu Yurio on Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:29 pm

Miya Mei wrote:"I see."

Mei hums softly for a moment.

"They say mourning maidens have a heart open to suitors more than usual."

She places her fan back over her face.

"Now that we have pointed out a potential, what if we take the game further? I can go speak with the Otaku, and you either the Moto or Iuchi. The goal being to sell one another to the target and have them gain interest in us"

Now the Matsu was in over his head. Damn courtiers and their big words.

Well, what could possibly go wrong?

"You are a Herald then, Miya-sama?"
Lion Clan * Bushi * Scout * Small * Daring * KITTEH *
Soon to be Purple KITTEH Doggeh Trainer

Glory 1.0 * Status 1.0 * Honour Exceptional * Courtship 3!

Carries: Daisho, fan, sake cup.
When permitted: No-dachi, light armour.
Sometimes accompanied by: Neko

Panthera leo matsu militarus-minimus
Matsu Yurio

Postby Togashi Udo on Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:30 pm

Yasuki Tomonaga wrote:Snip.

Udo breaks out of his silence and approaches the two Crab, standing a respectful distance away in case they wish their conversation to be private.
Tattoo of a Crane * Tattoo of a Lion * Slightly Distracted * Simple robes & hat

Status: 1 | Glory: 1.1 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship: 15
More info.
Togashi Udo

Postby Miya Mei on Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:33 pm

Matsu Yurio wrote:
Now the Matsu was in over his head. Damn courtiers and their big words.

Well, what could possibly go wrong?

"You are a Herald then, Miya-sama?"

"Not in the traditional sense. I still uphold the duties my family name confers, hence why I have a steed and some courtly training."

She taps her hip.

"But all of my formal training was done with the Kakita at their dueling academy."
Imperial | Duelist | Kakita Trained | Unmarriable
Honor: Exceptional | Glory: 1.0 |Infamy 1.0 | Status 1.5 | CP: -2

Description

Wielder of an elegantly decorated katana, Meng. D8+ carries Shinjo Kemuri's Fan
Miya Mei

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:35 pm

Togashi Udo wrote:Udo breaks out of his silence and approaches the two Crab, standing a respectful distance away in case they wish their conversation to be private.

Spotting Udo nearby, Tomonaga quickly waves him over. "Togashi-san. Please, join us. We were just sharing a drink to honor Chi Pu." He pulls out the fine ceramic bottle, unstopping it with one hand. "Do you have a cup?"
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Status: 2 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Courtship points: 6
Carries: Sake bottle, sake cups
Description
Final Drinking Count: 22/38 threads
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:38 pm

As the pyre was lit Daisuke stepped forward to get a glass of sake. Drinking half of his cup he poured the rest on the earth, before stepping back into the crowd.

((Pm if you approach.))
Badger Clan * Bushi * Scout * Archer * Tough * Engaged to the best Otaku

Courtship points: 3

Carries: daisho, sake cup, chopsticks

For combat: light armor, daisho, tanto, yumi and quiver, masakiri
Ichiro Daisuke

PreviousNext

Return to The Dueling Fields