(D5 LM, Taira's Yurt) Benten is a Cruel Mistress

Re: (D5 LM, Taira's Yurt) Benten is a Cruel Mistress

Postby Soshi Taira on Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:38 pm

"Eh? Oh... yes, of course."

Taira considered her face, wondering if, in his own pain, he'd driven her away.

Wondering if that was good, or horrible.

Wondering why he couldn't make sense of himself, one way or another.
Scorpion Clan :: Good Cop :: Doctor :: Paragon :: Pragmatic :: Spirit-Touched :: Cursed
Honor: Untrustworthy Status: 1.0 Glory: 3.0 CP: 2
Carries: Daisho, medical satchel, black and red kimono, tall collar 'mask', ink-splotched fan
Now treating: Patient No.18

Description:: Theme:: Struggle
Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:41 pm

The Shinjo peered at him, herself confused with her own thoughts. Once more she had thought to do him right and ended up making the wrong decision. "I believed you wanted time alone. Is that not the case, Taira-dono?"
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Taira on Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:43 pm

"Eto... hai. I simply do not wish to leave you thinking I am... angry. I'm glad you told me. I'm glad you trust me."

He took a slow breath, and then walked back to his satchel, and began packing it.

"No matter what, I don't want to lose that."
Scorpion Clan :: Good Cop :: Doctor :: Paragon :: Pragmatic :: Spirit-Touched :: Cursed
Carries: Daisho, medical satchel, black and red kimono, tall collar 'mask', ink-splotched fan

Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:52 pm

"I know, Taira-dono." She went over to him, as he packed his satchel, and placed her hand on his back. "I do hope that this trust does not need to be expressed in such a fashion again, be it today or last night's battle."
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Taira on Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:57 pm

Taira glanced up at her, and smiled, a little sadly, but a smile still. "I would not have you afraid to express it again, if you must, however. I think, if you ever have another shock for me... I'll try and take it better. You deserve that."

Closing the satchel, he rose to his feet, catching her hand with his, long enough to give it a squeeze, still with that melancholy grin. "I wouldn't have anyone else at my side, if I have to go to battle with a dragon again."

Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:02 pm

"I prefer to avoid such moments. I am not afraid of them, Taira-dono." Her lips took on a similar smile. "Maybe I will pour our sake in preparation."

She nodded. "I hope to never face a dragon again, Taira-dono. If I face another, I hope you will be there by my side."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Taira on Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:10 pm

"Hai."

He was so close that he couldn't bow, so he simply clasped a hand to her shoulder, and said, softly, "Just don't go fighting any when I'm not around... Take care of yourself, Yue-hime. I don't want this to be goodbye."

Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:32 pm

"I am not able to make that promise. After all, I am sure my sister is upset thst I fought that monster without her."

She took a step backwards, enough to bow. "Send me a missive when you are ready to see me. I will see you tomorrow,
the day after, whenever you wish, Taira-dono.
"

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Taira on Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:34 pm

"I am certain your sister will only be firm... not... lethal."

A faint chuckle. Actual amusement... something vaguely resembling mirth.

"I will not keep you waiting a moment longer than I need to complete my thoughts... I will not leave you without an answer."

Soshi Taira

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:42 pm

"Perhaps my sister will demand that I stay in our yurt for the rest of the miai!" She let out a small chuckle, a needed one.

"I know you will not keep me waiting. I told you that I trust you."

With that said, she departed from the yurt unless stopped. She had delayed finding her sister long enough.

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Taira on Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:48 pm

The only farewell he offered was a soft sigh.

Then he took a few breaths to regain his composure completely before leaving to tend to the next patient.

Duty never stopped.

/scene

Soshi Taira

Previous

Return to Northern Yurts