A Walk To Nowhere (D5 LE)

A Walk To Nowhere (D5 LE)

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:17 pm

Mizuki needed some space after the funeral. So, she just kind of wandered aimlessly until she found herself somewhere in the yurts.
Scorpion Merchant * Kuge * Blessed By Daikoku * Wealthy * Black Sheep

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Re: A Walk To Nowhere (D5 LE)

Postby Suki on Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:26 pm

Thanks to the illumination from Lord Moon, one could look out from the Yurts and see well into the night. Thus Suki found herself in the doorway of the tent, contemplative. Though she saw a couple campfires and heard late discussions among those that couldn't sleep, she kept her distance and observed rather than intruding.

It was then she saw a masked figure making its way between the tents. The nun watched for a moment, allowing the figure to come closer, attempting to discern their identity. Once she got a good look, it was clear this was someone she with whom she was unfamiliar.

Not wanting to startle this wanderer, Suki cleared her throat, making her presence known.
Monk * Blessed by Benten * Sensation * Pacifist * Magpie? * Probably Barefoot
Honor: What is Expected Glory: 0.0 Status: 1.0

Carries: Satchel with scrolls on the Tao

Radiate boundless love towards the entire world.
Suki

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:37 pm

Mizuki deep in thought and self-loathing was startled anyways. When she notices who it is, she gives a bow. "Hello monk-san, this one is Yogo Mizuki."

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Postby Suki on Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:39 pm

Suki bowed respectfully. Perhaps even a bit lower than required.

"Good evening, Yogo-sama. This one is Suki, sister of the Order of Benten in Mamoru Kyotei Toshi." For a moment, she considered inquiring as to whether the Yogo was lost... but thought better of it. A Scorpion could have many reasons to be wandering around at night, and she didn't want to pry into any of them.

Suki

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:45 pm

"I didn't realize there were any monks here." Mizuki looks around realizing where she was. Crap. At least Sutiechi is at his music show.

"Have you come to learn the ways of the Unicorn? Or spread the message of Benten?"

Yogo Mizuki

Postby Suki on Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:49 pm

"Yes," she replied simply, smiling. "And to provide guidance to those seeking to enter auspicious marriages."

"Are you looking for someone, Yogo-sama? Perhaps this one could be of assistance."

Suki

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:54 pm

Mizuki looks back to where the music party is going on. "No. I just needed to... I just needed some fresh air."

After a moment, Mizuki speaks. "You offer guidance?"

Yogo Mizuki

Postby Suki on Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:58 pm

Suki followed Mizuki's gaze back toward the party.

"This one offers the words of the Little Teacher, those of the enlightened masters of the Brotherhood, and her own perspectives as a nearly lifelong monk. She hopes that these offerings are of use to those seeking guidance."

Suki

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:03 pm

"What should I do? I cannot love without causing suffering. Does Benten deny me? How can I pick one of these Unicorn men without being cruel to him?"

Yogo Mizuki

Postby Suki on Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:15 pm

Suki blinked at the sudden outburst, but otherwise maintained her composure.

"By its nature, all love causes some moments of suffering. It is in realizing how this suffering is more than offset by the better qualities of love that we can find our center."

"The root of cruelty is found in an absence of acceptance and self-love. Before one can be kind to others, they must find the things they've lost again."

Suki looked over her shoulder, into the tent. She glanced around at the other yurts. "Let us find a place to speak that offers a little more privacy. Somewhere near enough to a fire that we have light, but not so close as to hinder our conversation."

Suki

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:29 pm

Mizuki nods and follows before she speaks again. So, I'm doomed to be cruel no matter what?

Yogo Mizuki

Postby Suki on Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:34 pm

Suki finds a place for them to sit, making sure they're far enough from others not to be overhead. Thankfully, the bright moonlight and nearby fire keep them from having to talk in total darkness.

"This one knows what we are discussing is a private, personal matter. Know that what is said between us remains between us."

"Tell me what you can of that which has caused your self-love to be diminished, Yogo-sama."

Suki

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:52 pm

Mizuki takes off her mask revealing a pretty Kakita face with blue eyes and white hair. She had been crying. "I'm a Yogo."

That's not honest. Sure, Mizuki has basically been beaten down since birth, but she's learn live with that. Something more recent. She fights back the tears. "I told a man I love him yesterday. Later that night, I took another into my bed. It wasn't even the Curse." She looks at her mask. "I am mother's daughter."

Yogo Mizuki

Postby Suki on Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:03 pm

Suki hadn't expected such openness. She wasn't entirely unaccustomed to it though. Often, peasants seeking her guidance were more forward than samurai. And some samurai, like those caught up in tumultuous emotions, occasionally revealed more than they would otherwise.

"And which of your actions were rooted in truth? Do you love this man? Or the other? Are you uncertain?"

Suki

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:11 pm

Mizuki had gotten use to being honest and open with the Unicorn, it was starting to become a bad habit. "I love the man. He was the first to really care about me." Mizuki felt that dagger to her heart. "It doesn't matter. He is not an Unicorn. We can be together." She thinks about Liu Yue. "I do care about the one I took to my bed, but I cannot return the love I was given."

Yogo Mizuki

Next

Return to Northern Yurts