Day 5 EM Do You Really Want To Yurt Me?

Day 5 EM Do You Really Want To Yurt Me?

Postby Shiba Kaizen on Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:14 am

OOC - public place though expecting someone, still if you want to jump in there are not even paper walls to stop you

-----------------------------------------------------------

It was first thing in the morning and Kaizen had yet to hear the rumors of the night previous assault from the orochi. He went about his morning routine oblivious to what may consume a good portion of his day to come. Since there was a musical performance and he was more or less invited to participate the Shiba felt a little early morning practice would be a good idea.

Taking his samisen he found a place where there were some yurts used for storage away from those housing sleeping or rising samurai. It was convenient to the paths leading to the other yurts housing various other groups of miai attendees. Already there was a trickle flow of heimen about their tasks and samurai getting an early start.

Taking a seat on a rather large rock he tweaked the samisen strumming a few times figuring the moisture from the night would mean some required tuning. He thought he had it and started to play a very simple song that was not particularly loud. It was passable, but unremarkable. The only thing that made it decent was how it contrasted with the somewhat muddy surroundings from the previous days rain.

-------------------------------
you call that a performance? samisen/agi 14
Phoenix Clan * Yojimbo * Previous Year Topaz Competitor of Renown * Crane are not Fans of.. * Short
Glory: 2.0 * Status: 1.0 * Honor: What is Expected * Courtship Points: 5
Carries: daisho, fan, samisen, and wears decent quality clothing with a haori and hakama
Shiba Kaizen

Re: Day 5 EM Do You Really Want To Yurt Me?

Postby Doji Ameka on Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:47 pm

Ameka was making her way away from the north, heading in a somewhat winding route toward the Shrine of the Emerald Champion. Her clansman had given her an idea as far as making an offering there, and she held a pouch carefully as she walked, trying not to disrupt the contents of it. Hearing the familiar sound of a samisen playing, she followed her ears and found herself in front of a Shiba.

She bowed, but otherwise stood politely back so that she could listen but not interrupt. She certainly understood that it was important not to get in the way of artists while they work.
Crane Clan | Artisan | Bad Health | Confectioner

Honor: What is expected | Glory: 1.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 4

Equipment: Wakizashi, fan, candy sculptures, parasol, beautiful clothing
Doji Ameka

Postby Shiba Kaizen on Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:54 pm

Kaizen saw the Crane's approach and thought to himself as he continued the song to its conclusion. A plague of Cranes, at least it is not the Tsumetai Tori. He finished his song, carefully sat aside the instrument so it would not get dirty, then bowed respectfully. "Crane-san I hope the Fortunes find you well this day? I am Shiba Kaizen."
Phoenix Clan * Yojimbo * Previous Year Topaz Competitor of Renown * Crane are not Fans of.. * Short
Carries: daisho, fan, samisen, and wears decent quality clothing with a haori and hakama
Shiba Kaizen

Postby Doji Ameka on Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:33 pm

"Hai, thank you, Shiba-san. I am Doji Ameka. It is an honor to meet you," she says with a polite smile. "I apologize for interrupting... I was curious who the artist was behind the music I was hearing."

Doji Ameka

Postby Shiba Kaizen on Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:39 pm

"You may have heard there is a performance of sort this evening, all are welcome to enjoy in whatever fashion they find suitable. I am practicing and attempting to tune my samisen after the rain." Kaizen said still oblivious to what had happened the night before and the change in schedule for the music. "If Doji-san enjoys music perhaps she will find more worthwhile performers there." He himself wondered about the musical skills of the miai attendees.
Shiba Kaizen

Postby Doji Ameka on Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:52 pm

"I hope I have time to do so," she says. "I can make things, but performing isn't within my own skill set. People who can do it are impressive."

Doji Ameka

Postby Shiba Kaizen on Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:04 pm

A Crane who cannot perform in some fashion? She does not look the part of a bushi, of course neither did Mariko-san... "An artist than? Painting? Origami? Ikebana?" a purple Hiyashinsu blossom "The Crane practice so many arts I could spend the whole day naming them." he smiled slightly, but seemed distant.
Shiba Kaizen

Postby Doji Ameka on Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:33 pm

"Origami is one of them, yes. Also sculpture. But mainly..." She takes a tiny, detailed phoenix out of the pouch she had been carrying carefully. "Confectionery. Would you like one?"

Doji Ameka

Postby Shiba Kaizen on Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:34 pm

Now that is different. Kaizen looked at the miniature Phoenix and the detail of the work that was apparently edible? As it was food polite refusals were not needed, but it was art so... Now he was confused..."Ah, hai.. seems unfortunate in a way to eat something so detailed."
Shiba Kaizen

Postby Doji Ameka on Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:52 pm

"I don't think so... I see it along the lines of cherry blossoms; they are temporary, but they're more beautiful for it," she says with a smile.

Doji Ameka

Postby Shiba Kaizen on Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:26 am

Kaizen understood the imagery offered, "Except in this case I imagine no two are alike making them more of a rarity? Was this artistic passion an extension or sculpture and origami or the other way around since skills for all three seem closely related?" He wondered aloud as the samisen did not really relate to any of his own skills except in the general sense that a bushi needed fast hands.
Shiba Kaizen

Postby Doji Ameka on Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:43 am

"I suppose, though they are also not limited by season... It evens out, I think," she reasons. "The other way around. I picked up those to get better at this. I eventually want to pick up ikebana as well for the same reason."

Doji Ameka

Postby Shiba Kaizen on Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:12 pm

a purple Hiyashinsu blossom, am I forgiven... Kaizen seemed to be elsewhere for a moment, "I... see... so a passion for sweets? I have never really heard of it as an artistic pursuit." Kaizen has had a variety of snacks ranging from salty to sweet, but they were usually very basic geometric shapes typically circular. "Is this something Doji-san was inspired to do by her sensei or something more personal?"
Shiba Kaizen

Postby Doji Ameka on Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:06 pm

"I was... encouraged to do something unusual," she says after a moment of finding the most polite way to put it.

Doji Ameka

Postby Shiba Kaizen on Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:16 pm

The Shiba cocked his head to the side slightly like a curious inu, "That makes two of us, I was not trained as a traditional bushi of my Family. The techniques I learned were similar, but different." Considering the Doji's art he said, "Who can say perhaps given the opportunity your talent could catch on at higher Courts, the children of the Kuge would certainly find them interesting if not necessarily truly appreciative. Still that could open many doors for you Doji-san."
Shiba Kaizen

Next

Return to Western Yurts