Kamaraderie, Konversation & Kumis (D5, EN, Kemuri's)

Re: Kamaraderie, Konversation & Kumis (D5, EN, Kemuri's)

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:38 am

Meanwhile, Dong-Ha was taking notes. Her mother had mentioned no special buttons so he figured he'd find someone to ask from. Someone obviously female who had actually studied medicine so that she could explain this esoteric 'rain calling' part of anatomy without them actually having to study the matter in practice. Image of a certain person floated in his mind.
Unicorn Clan • Mystic
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.3 • Courtship: 2

"Power is what you think it is."
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Gaijin riding horse: Poppy
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:21 am

"But, they don't use buttons here, everything is fastened with ties." Kemuri said with confusion.
Unicorn Clan Marta Family Bushi Hunter Explorer Storyteller Completely Honest Rides Sarangerel
Honor: Expected • Status: .5 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 4

Carries: Water, Knife, Sake Cup, Chopsticks, Dice
As Appropriate: Daisho, Light Armor, Daikyu, Quiver, Lantern, Cloak, Hat
Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Moto Khulun on Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:05 am

Shinjo Kemuri wrote:"But, they don't use buttons here, everything is fastened with ties." Kemuri said with confusion.

“Ah… well it’s not clothing… no it is like we men we have our… swords! Yes we all have swords… not scimitar or daisho, but our swords! You follow,” he says with a lopsided grin under his mustache.

“Now women they have… sheath or saya… or what you want to call it but the button is part of the sheath… you must find it. GENTLY… gentle I say but when found well the wet season shall begin and much joy for her… and much joy for you, it is known,” Silvia explains.

“Silvia is great sage, brothers, never would he steer you wrong.”
Last edited by Moto Khulun on Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Moto Butaj on Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:07 am

"How about beards? Are they not important for the rain season to begin?" Butaj intercedes, holding back a smirk behind thinned lips.
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Postby Moto Baatar on Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:08 am

"Why would you button up a sheath?" Baatar asked, morbidly curious at this line of discussion. He tried to imagine how this would work. Were there really buttons down there? "Wouldn't that keep you from putting your sword inside?"
Unicorn Clan • Samurai • Gaijin Name • Failure of Courtesy
Honor: Untrustworthy • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 4
carries: scimitar, wakizashi, shochu, puppy. when appropriate: Unicorn horse, riding armor
Moto Baatar

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:15 am

Dong-Ha coughed. He had enough theoretical and practical knowledge to understand some things and Baatar's question had caught him off guard.
Unicorn Clan • Mystic
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.3 • Courtship: 2

"Power is what you think it is."
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Gaijin riding horse: Poppy
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Shinjo Akil on Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:17 am

Akil just laughed. Hard. To the point where he doubled over in laughter, unable to contain himself any longer. Perhaps it was the kumis. It the bed to release oneself of the pressure of the stress of the past few days. But he could not contain that laughter now.
Unicorn Clan | Bushi | Permanent Injury | Hero

Honor: What is expected | Glory: 3.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 1

"Want to be a hero? I have some advice for you. It hurts like hell."

Mekhem

Equipment: Daisho, tanto, flute, sturdy clothing, sake cup

Character image

Setem- his Horse

Description
Shinjo Akil

Postby Moto Khulun on Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:19 am

Moto Butaj wrote:"How about beards? Are they not important for the rain season to begin?" Butaj intercedes, holding back a smirk behind thinned lips.

“Beard is strength, but sadly your face hair has been mauled by careless bear. My sympathies Butaj No-Beard, but you are handsome man, so maybe you will be okay,” he replies with a dismissive wave.

“The Dragon girl thinks so, so there is hope for you.”
Moto Baatar wrote:"Why would you button up a sheath?" Baatar asked, morbidly curious at this line of discussion. He tried to imagine how this would work. Were there really buttons down there? "Wouldn't that keep you from putting your sword inside?"

“Button is not so much like button on pants or shirt, but like button… you will see when you are intimate like with a woman. You… we men have no problem putting our swords in a sheath, but it is more than just that, it is known. If you seek to bring happiness than this is step to help,” he says to Baatar.

“Young, but handsome Sayyed Baatar, you will see. Take your time, do not be in rush like goat with ass on fire, no… take time be sweet and be gentle.”

With Akil's laughter the mustachioed man drank more kumis and laughed with him as well.
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:25 am

The laughter was contagious. Kemuri joined in, grinning broadly. He was able to stifle it long enough to ask another question.

"Is there no hope for the beardless?"
Unicorn Clan Marta Family Bushi Hunter Explorer Storyteller Completely Honest Rides Sarangerel

Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Moto Baatar on Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:34 am

Baatar listened carefully to the worldly Silvia's words, willing himself to understand them.... Buttons, swords, sheaths? Wet and dry seasons? Goats and asses? This...was more complicated than he had realized.

The young Unicorn joined in the laughter (somewhat insincerely), not wanting to be the only one who didn't get the joke.
Unicorn Clan • Samurai • Gaijin Name • Failure of Courtesy
Honor: Untrustworthy • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 4
carries: scimitar, wakizashi, shochu, puppy. when appropriate: Unicorn horse, riding armor
Moto Baatar

Postby Moto Khulun on Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:43 am

Shinjo Kemuri wrote:The laughter was contagious. Kemuri joined in, grinning broadly. He was able to stifle it long enough to ask another question.

"Is there no hope for the beardless?"

“Of course my fine friend, there is always hope, strangely enough not all ladies like beard… some like smooth skin. Silvia, say they are odd bird but it is so. Plus handsome features are handsome with and without beard or grand mustache!”

“But without manly face hair, it can be hard,” he laments with a shake of his head.

“But Silvia is sage and he knows you will find right bride, it is known. You are good suitor, good man, and you are Unicorn. You will be fine. Unless little Baatar charms all the women, then maybe not so fine,” he chuckles.

“Ah but my cousins, I must… uhh drain my sword! It has been good to spend time with brothers, thank you for the kumis.”

Silvia gets to his feet.
Moto Khulun

Postby Shinjo Akil on Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:47 am

"So soon?" Akil looked to Silvia, "the night is still young and my life is no less full of self inflicted difficulty. Please, Silvia-sama, stay and regale us with more stories and humor!"
Unicorn Clan | Bushi | Permanent Injury | Hero

Honor: What is expected | Glory: 3.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 1

"Want to be a hero? I have some advice for you. It hurts like hell."

Mekhem

Equipment: Daisho, tanto, flute, sturdy clothing, sake cup

Character image

Setem- his Horse

Description
Shinjo Akil

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:51 am

"Or, tell of the women you would choose." the Marta added.

Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Moto Khulun on Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:25 pm

Shinjo Akil wrote:"So soon?" Akil looked to Silvia, "the night is still young and my life is no less full of self inflicted difficulty. Please, Silvia-sama, stay and regale us with more stories and humor!"

Day One, I have been accepted as one of their own.

“Well how can I refuse such a generous request, and Silvia has many tales,” he says taking a seat with a friendly smile.
Shinjo Kemuri wrote:"Or, tell of the women you would choose." the Marta added.

Well this was a question and he would answer. Silvia says, “Silvia would seek good and strong woman who will make Unicorn strong and yet also seek wisdom. But these women are so small and dainty. Perhaps if I sought knowledge and much mind, then Rabbit-sensei would be top of list, yes? She is good lady, if you like such a thing.”

“Oh the Crane, there is Crane yes, she has nice fans, very stylish in these lands. I would choose Crane if I want to look good for other samurai, and she has pretty face yes?” he says with a wild smile.

“But so many choices yet none are strong Unicorn women, alas. Oh there is no-name Mantis, but she seems more like little man than woman, but I am sure she has appeal.”
Moto Khulun

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:37 pm

"The Rabbit has pretty eyes." he nodded. "I haven't met the Crane and have barely spoken to the Mantis."

He took another drink.

"Dragon, Rabbit, Scorpion, Lion, Imperial..." he mumbled to himself. "I should probably meet a few more."

Shinjo Kemuri

PreviousNext

Return to Northwestern Yurts