(Day 4, LE) The Instrument You Wanted (Misa's Room, Closed)

Re: (Day 4, LE) The Instrument You Wanted (Misa's Room, Clos

Postby Moto Butaj on Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:20 am

Butaj listens intently throughout. At sadder moments his gentle grip returns to her shoulder. Finally, he nods. "There are many questions that are swirling in Butaj's head right now. Butaj thinks he understands the dilemma. It was what Ujik-hai did when they were decimated, they joined the Ki-Rin as Moto, and it has worked very well. But what Butaj wonders about right now is whether the Tonbo have a clear-cut purpose among the Dragon, and do they have what is needed in people and resources to fulfil that purpose." His hand slides down her shoulder to find hers. "And how important is Misa's role in that."
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Postby Tonbo Misa on Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:39 am

Misa flushed a bit, but her hand found his in turn, turning out and softly lacing fingers. Her face had lost its smile once more, and she faced the table, head hung a little, her voice soft. "The Tonbo still serve the role they did before, as ambassadors and gatekeepers to the Dragon... just from within now. It is not a clear cut purpose however, and my family... many of them... do not see it as something to be proud of. Many have sadly taken their lives since our joining the Dragon, some out of shame that we could not support ourselves as a clan, some for grief from those we lost in the winter to starvation. Miyako-dono herself is melancholic, believing she is to blame for the sorrow my family feels right now. We are short samurai to do much, though all of the families of the Dragon have vowed to help how they can."

She was silent a moment. "As for my role... I advise Miyako-dono. Mostly I have been given the duty by the Dragon to raise morale and hope in my family and daimyo, to help them rebuild and find a new purpose. As the only direct surviving descendant of Asijin and Maroko, some look to me as a source of advise, even if it is my cousin that more than deserved her position. Everyone in my family has an important role now though, in moving toward the future."
Dragon Clan • Bushi • Advisor • Blind • Ascetic • Enlightened
Honor: What is Expected | Glory: 1.0 | Status: 4.0 | Courtship Points: 7
Carries: Traveling Pack, Daisho (where applicable), walking stick

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Moto Butaj on Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:40 am

Butaj ponders those matters deeply to the limits of his understanding, but does not fail to convey his reassurance through their connection. He cups their interlaced hands with another of his. "Butaj is sad things continue to be so dire to Misa's dear family. He admires Misa for holding up and not giving up despite the gloomy outlooks. Butaj imagines Misa would like to use this pairing kurultai to help turn around the fortunes of her family, to choose a husband that could be a boon to the Tonbo." He sighs deeply but does not let positivity be drained from his voice. "Butaj is thinking hard now who of the Unicorn men would be best for Misa..."
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Moto Butaj

Postby Tonbo Misa on Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:53 am

Misa shook her head softly at that, leaning her head against Butaj's shoulder a moment later. "There is no one person that could solve my family's troubles.
The task will take time, influence, numbers... none of which a husband can bring on his own. All that I can hope for is someone that understands and is willing to do everything he can. Kindness, compassion, hope...
Perserverence."

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Moto Butaj on Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:44 am

Soon after she does his unheld hand embraces her waist and his lips and nose bend into her hair, beckoned by their scent. "Butaj may not know all there is to know about those things but what he knows is that he wants the best for Misa and that he is full of hope." He whispers near her ear.

Moto Butaj

Postby Tonbo Misa on Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:36 pm

Misa couldn't help but giggle and shiver softly from the breath on her ear. "Butaj-kun does indeed have a heart full of hope. Mmm... I worry though. I worry there would be no open spaces to ride hard, no great feasts or songs, no great, worthy battles. It would be quiet, peaceful, still, contemplative, morose. I worry bringing someone so hopeful and free would be a sentence of a falcon in a cage."

She had mellowed after her giggle, her worries and concerns clearly earnest.

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Moto Butaj on Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:12 pm

"Or maybe it would be exactly opposite? Butaj carries the joy of riding and music and battle with him. After what has been said Butaj thinks that your ancestors were brave, loving people who opposed a great foe and won, but that great spirit got crushed in those who came after them. Butaj hopes that Misa can reclaim that spirit. If the spirit returns, many things can return too?" Butaj is not entirely certain, just changes thoughts into whisper, but makes his embrace comforting and safe for her. "Butaj wonders if having Butaj for a husband would make Misa happy enough to make that difference." He smiles as he nuzzles gently in her hair.

Moto Butaj

Postby Tonbo Misa on Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:18 pm

Misa said nothing for a moment, just sitting there in Butaj's arms. Finally she gave a small nod. "Butaj-kun would like that then? There must be many more pretty, talented, strong women at this miai..."

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Moto Butaj on Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:40 am

"If Misa chooses Butaj to be her future, Butaj will be a devoted and loving husband to her." Butaj wonders how to express his lack of regret for Misa not being those other women for a moment until he finally has an idea. He playfully takes the rim of her earlobe between his lips for a quick moment. "But Butaj needs to warn Misa. Being Misa's husband Butaj would be so devoted and loving that he would want to lie with her as often as possible, and so Misa would be with child more often than not."

Moto Butaj

Postby Tonbo Misa on Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:05 am

Misa squirmed and laughed a bit, flushing. "I never really doubted that. As long as I can be there for my cousin, I wouldn't care. I suppose I've never sought... that sort of contact before, but I've always been so internally focused. Perhaps Butaj-kun could teach me to be more bold... and I could teach him to be more enlightened and serene."

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Moto Butaj on Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:15 am

"Learning from each other sounds like a very good idea for marriage, Butaj thinks." He chuckles softly as he nuzzles and kisses the side of her head more. Their contact remains tender more than anything else, though perhaps Butaj's voice becomes a bit more affectionate. "Butaj would be happy to be Misa's eyes on the world." The world that is a black curtain of rain now.

Moto Butaj

Postby Tonbo Misa on Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:03 am

Seeing as her mistress was a bit... private at the moment, Sanmi made her way out with her book and lantern, leaving only the dim candle on the table. Misa moved a little as Butaj did, though staying still otherwise, giving him access but taking no initiative. "So bold... was that a proposal Butaj-kun?"

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Moto Butaj on Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:37 am

A kiss closer to her brow follows when Sanmi leaves. He holds her close, but is in no hurry."If this were the old Moto days, Butaj would just ask Misa if she wants to be his, then abduct her onto Huludai and ride into the steppe to make love to her under the stars and after that announce before the tribe there is a wedding to be set up. But by these strange miai rules Butaj can't do that and so has little say and can only suggest. Butaj thinks Misa knows to whom his heart leans, and if Misa makes Butaj her husband, all that is Butaj will belong to her." He raises their interlaced hands and places them over his chest.

Moto Butaj

Postby Tonbo Misa on Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:53 am

Misa turned her head a bit to nuzzle at his arm wrapped around her. Her voice took on a softly amused teasing as she murmured. "Since it is my say, as Butaj notes... perhaps I will be the one to ride off with you, make love to you under the roof of my household, and tell my family there is to be a wedding..."

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Moto Butaj on Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:04 am

Butaj smirks as he tenderly kisses her eyelid. "In that case Butaj just might oppose a little to give justice to his Moto blood and for the sake of lovers' play. But Butaj has no doubt Misa has the charm to overwhelm Butaj with her beauty, grace and martial skill and deliver him to her household." His fingertips begin to sporadically brush at her wrist.

Moto Butaj

PreviousNext

Return to Prestigious Guest Rooms