[D5 EE] Final Rites (OPEN)

Re: [D5 EE] Final Rites (OPEN)

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:48 am

Mizuki was there to pay honor to the woman who died for her while she was drinking sake. Thank you, Otaku-san. May your next life be kinder to you than this one.

Mizuki stands alone.

((PM if you approach))
Scorpion Merchant * Kuge * Blessed By Daikoku * Wealthy * Black Sheep

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Postby Ide Amaya on Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:31 am

Seppun Hideo wrote:Hideo moved the rest of the way towards her, giving her a polite bow. "Good evening" he said quietly, to avoid disrupting those who spoke.

A bow. "Well met, and thank you for coming."
• Unicorn Courtier • [Profile - Updated 4/29]
• Small • Gullible • Voice • Inner Gift (Animal Ken) • Love Actuary •
• Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 5 •
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Image Tokma - a Gaijin riding horse
Ide Amaya

Postby Miya Mei on Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:38 am

Mei rode to the funeral atop her pony. She was almost comically smaller than the Unicorn and their steeds.

She looks around for a moment and decided her best place to sit is at the back.

((PM if approached!))
Imperial | Duelist | Kakita Trained | Unmarriable
Honor: Exceptional | Glory: 1.0 |Infamy 1.0 | Status 1.5 | CP: -2

Description

Wielder of an elegantly decorated katana, Meng. D8+ carries Shinjo Kemuri's Fan
Miya Mei

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:03 am

Yogo Mizuki wrote:Mizuki was there to pay honor to the woman who died for her while she was drinking sake. Thank you, Otaku-san. May your next life be kinder to you than this one.

Mizuki stands alone.

Yue rode up to her 'lover' and looked down at her. Her expression was solemn, given the circumstances. Inside her heart beats even more quickly. "Konbanwa, Yogo-sama."

Should I be acting so formal in public with her? Ugh...

Her testubo rested on her shoulder as she shifted in her seat. "It is good to see you again."

That's all I have to say? Ugh...
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:11 am

Seeing that everyone had had a chance to speak, Dong-ha nodded and picked up one of the torches dug into the ground, lifting it high in the air.

"During the Dark Ride, Otaku Chi-Pu served her kin by serving as an example for those underneath her. She kept the tenets of bushido close to her heart, serving her liege with merit. None could question her bravery or her honor. She was, a soul beyond question." Dong-Ha's slightly awkward voice boomed, cracking here and there as he tried to make sure he was heard.

Moving to the pyre, he chanted,

"Otaku Chi-Pu died a good death.
She died with steel in her hands and fire in her soul.
She died with wind in her lungs and duty in her heart.
She died a good death, a death many of us can only dream of!"

The young mystic paused for a moment, licking his lips before he continued.

"And as we offer our prayers to Emma-O, bidding him to judge her fairly,
her spirit is already lingering in the world between lives,
waiting to be reborn in this world!"

As the final words left his lips, Dong-Ha lowered the torch and soon the pyre started smoldering, the budding flames flickering between the branches and around Chi-Pu's clothed form.
Unicorn Clan • Mystic
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.3 • Courtship: 2

"Power is what you think it is."
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Gaijin riding horse: Poppy
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Matsu Kogo on Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:21 am

Kogo listened intently, pressing the words into her heart. It is true. She did die a good death. A death she would have wanted. It is just harder for those who are left behind. She dries her face and strokes Noburu's skull, enjoying the purr that comes. No more tears for now.
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:27 am

Shinjo Liu Yue wrote:Yue rode up to her 'lover' and looked down at her. Her expression was solemn, given the circumstances. Inside her heart beats even more quickly. "Konbanwa, Yogo-sama."

Should I be acting so formal in public with her? Ugh...

Her testubo rested on her shoulder as she shifted in her seat. "It is good to see you again."

That's all I have to say? Ugh...

Mizuki herself doesn't know what to say. She's glad her mask covers her mix of feelings. "Hai. I am glad to see a friendly face at such a dark time. If there's anything I can do to help you at this time, let me know." She does not try to cover the concern and sympathy in her voice.

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:32 am

Yogo Mizuki wrote:Mizuki herself doesn't know what to say. She's glad her mask covers her mix of feelings. "Hai. I am glad to see a friendly face at such a dark time. If there's anything I can do to help you at this time, let me know." She does not try to cover the concern and sympathy in her voice.

Damn mask...

Yue looked back to the funeral pyre and swallowed. The sight of fire still unsettled her, for obvious reasons. I wish I had gotten to know you better, Otaku-nikutai.

She leaned down and set her tetsubo against Hikazume's side. She then dismounted from her steed and picked the weapon back up. The Shinjo then walked up to Mizuki with the same stoic expression. "How are you feeling, Mizuki?"
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Seppun Hideo on Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:59 am

Ide Amaya wrote:A bow. "Well met, and thank you for coming."

"I am sorry for your clans loss" he lowered his head "I hope you are well? Other than the obvious? I...If you..." he stopped himself - words wouldn't help at this point.
Imperial * Shugenja * Scholarly * Description
Courtiship Points: 7
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:08 am

"I think that is what I should be asking you. Otaku-san was your kinswoman and you fought along side her." Mizuki looks at the pyre. That could be you.

"Are you alright?"

Yogo Mizuki

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:16 am

Yue contemplated on the question for a long while. Eventually she turned back to the Yogo and simply stated, "No."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:21 am

Mizuki wondered if it was her comrade on the pyre or other things.

"That's understandable. If you need me, I'm here." Mizuki wasn't really sure what else she could say. At least, what else she say with all these people around.

Yogo Mizuki

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:08 am

As the fire grew around Chi-Pu's form, Monkhbaatar reached down to his saddle and produced a skin of kumis. Getting a bit closer to the pyre, he poured some out for the Otaku joining their ancestors. He then took a swig as he moved to rejoin the rest of the mounted Unicorn and offered the skin to the next of his clansmen so that they could pass it around and share a final drink with the honored dead. The whole time he didn't say a world, just watching solemnly.
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Fortunate • Daring
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 2

Equipment: Daisho, armor, yumi, sake cup, bottle of water, knife, Meushi
Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Ide Amaya on Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:18 am

Seppun Hideo wrote:"I am sorry for your clans loss" he lowered his head "I hope you are well? Other than the obvious? I...If you..." he stopped himself - words wouldn't help at this point.

As the fire catches, springing and leaping into the sky, tears course freely down Amaya's cheeks, and she does nothing to stem then nor keep them from spilling off her chin and wetting her kimono. She nods silently to the Imperial by way of answer before turning her face back to the pyre.
• Unicorn Courtier • [Profile - Updated 4/29]
• Small • Gullible • Voice • Inner Gift (Animal Ken) • Love Actuary •
• Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 5 •
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Image Tokma - a Gaijin riding horse
Ide Amaya

Postby Shimizu Ryori on Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:42 am

At the moment the funeral pyre is lit Kyra, use to the mourning howls of Ikoma bards that come with such moments takes that queue to let out a mounful sound a long wail for the dead comes from her feline throat echoing over the area. Ryori remains stone faced keeping his on like a good samurai watching as the fires consume the body, he leans just enough to allow his shoulder to reassuringly touch the Matsu next to hims shoulder a moment so she knows he is there.

Shimizu Ryori | Lion Clan | Bushi | Beastmaster | Touched By Chikishudo

+ Honor Expected - Status 1.0 - Glory 1.0 - Courtship Points : 2 +

Court: Wakizashi, Nice Kimono
Field: Armor, Sturdy Clothes, Daisho, Yumi + Quiver, Traveling Pack
Pack: Spare Rations, Canteen, Rope, Net, Blanket
Both: Bag of Sweets, Matsu Kyra - (Warcat)

Shimizu Ryori

PreviousNext

Return to The Dueling Fields